> some people want to subscribe to my blog
> add a "email me this blog" form
> do not hire someone to handle the encryption of the database I store this in
> do not hire a EU representative for myself
> do not block european ip addresses
> get fined 20 million euroes
> american government prioritizes international relations and sells me out

Attached: lXSWGjR.png (1092x1037, 65K)

should have thought twice about selling everyone's data for fractions of a penny

Well what do you do with their info?

>not having someone elses data reasonably secure stored
>complain about it

just block EU zone IPs

literally that alone absolves you of problems since the act is clear sign indicating you aren't soliciting in the EU. if EU citizens manage to weasel their bullshit into your system you could just charge them with Computer Fraud Act for "circumventing security measures" to doubly make this whole thing ridiculous.

Answer these OP. Assuming anything you've said is true.

I just send them emails. They gave me those email addresses. I just didn't baby them into it.

I'm pretty sure there's some kind of easier procedure to follow if you're a small company OP.

fuck it im probably going to do this

bepis

so just send a mass email to all and say that due to GDPR you can no longer serve european subscribers and that attempts to circumvent the IP rangeban willr esult in charges of CFA.

then inform the others that you cannot differentiate the europeans from them and that if they want to continue receiving updates to click some link which would just resubscribe them.

dumb burger logic at it's extreme

Ya, I'm dumb because I'm not going to claim to be an internet expert on a massive near hundred page law steeped in european court tradition and precedence which I can't even begin to fathom and would rather just say fuck it and remove any legal risk entirely by just telling europeans they aren't welcome.

not all of us can afford lawyers for a fucking meme blog that's more a hobby than a profit seeking activity.

Fake and fucking gay, stop frog posting you fucking degenerate. sage

>add a "email me this blog" form
>notice that some posts cause people to unsubscribe more than others
>start sending emails to 10% and if numbers are bad, don't send to rest
>statistics show that long time subscribers are unlikely to unsubscribe, they just don't click
>add click tracking and use them as indicator to avoid losing anyone in the 10% group
>clear trend in preference for topics, some people only click programming articles and some only hardware
>bucket users and send them only most relevant articles
>unsubscribes way down, click rate way up
>tailor ads to each article, hardware articles get gadget ads
>CTR way up, but front page ads still hit&miss
>give users ads based on their bucket
>effect too small because they don't visit front page through email click link
>add cookies to identify them between email click and general browsing
>CTR way up everywhere, good revenue stream
>quit day job
>start a games review site and a mobile programming site
>use and expand user buckets to bootstrap sites
>partner with other sites
>share information to better target audience
>get money
>EU says I'm selling people's information without their concent
>I just run some fucking websites, stupid nazis

explain that to someone

>add a link to unsubscribe and remove their email from the database
>encrypt the database
>add some disclaimer saying that by subscribing you agree to have your email stored
>email existing subscribers asking them to accept the new terms or be removed from the list
Wow so hard!

just generate RSS faggot (or twitter feed or whatever normies use these days)

no kid. I'm not going to listen to you mansplain me a law you don't even understand yourself. I'm sorry you're now second class internet citizens because your confederacy passed some retardedly massive and highly costly legal piece of shit legislation.

>encrypt the database

and what if that database is ran on some VPS/colocated box? encrypting it would be pointless. fuck off kid.

you sound like a petulant child

I have a travel blog. 90% of my posts gets no visitors and a few shitty posts get thousands of visitors. There is no logic or rhyme in it.

Then you have a reason to store their information, which makes it completely legal. Case closed.

and you sound like a sour buttmad yurocuck.

About 80% of the sites income seems to come from 7 pages or so. While I have hundreds of pages.

Don't pay, just block EU assholes from internet.
Those 'guns kill' gays don't deserve freedom.

Fuck you for selling my data.

I'm american friendo

It's not that difficult. There are plenty of cookie cutter solutions to GDPR and inaability to comly just proves lack of brainpower to shift through directive or laziness at webowner, blogger's part.

Attached: niggashigga.jpg (640x480, 57K)

>> do not hire someone to handle the encryption of the database I store this in
>> do not hire a EU representative for myself
Only big corpors need to have a person to account for user data. Small businesses can have existing personel take on the role.

thank you for being the only non retard here

>second class internet citizens
>automatically blocked from shitty sites that refuse to disallow tracking
>can force companies to hand over data on you and delete it if you wish
>websites let you toggle tracking preferences
The fuck are you on about?

yay no no data protection and privacy??? Its ur job to protect your subscribers emails.

You don't have to.
Use some of the services already regulated. I think it's called EasyAuth or something..
Basically they log in with Google, or other services, so they handle things...

But seriously, you have like 14 days(or more) just do search and delete the files..
>cd /blog
>cd /comments
>cd ..
>rm -R comments