>2015+
>1080p+
>usb type-c
>card slot
>3.5mm jack
>removable battery
>no notch

>these are the only results

Attached: _20180528_113840.jpg (318x1315, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/v20/how-to/lg-v20-screen-burn-fixed-t3661631
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/lg-extends-warranty-to-30-months-for-those-affected-by-bootloop-issue/
xda-developers.com/lg-bootloop-lawsuit-settlement-backtrack/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what do you intend to do about it?

The removable battery is what really narrows this list down. Think long and hard: do you really need to replace your battery in

>usb type-c
Most phones from 2016-2017 will still have the micro usb instead
>removable battery
Trust me, you won't miss it at all, i upgraded from a s4 to an s8 and the only thing I miss is the infrared because i could brag about.
Also some phones my not specify the 3.5mm jack in the features and maybe that's why it won't even show them

Use a fucking powerbank.

I have the V20, but technically it has a notch. It's just on the top left instead of the middle.

BTW amazing phone. Would highly recommend besides the screen retention issues.

I love my v20. Screen retention is a nightmare unless you root though.

there is literally nothing wrong with the notch

Until the battery condition dies and the whole phone is busted.

Also, once you get a 10k mAh battery, you can't ever go back.

forum.xda-developers.com/v20/how-to/lg-v20-screen-burn-fixed-t3661631

I found this on the forums, it seems to work pretty well

How do you fix the screen retention with root?

>2015+
Not acceptable. Change it to 2017+
>card slot
Not relevant when every phone in the last 3 years supports OTG.

Basically color calibration. Someone above posted a link. You can do it without root if you use sFilter and use 10% opacity, 50% filter, black filter

>No notch
Is this an actual option? First they came for our SD cards, then they came for our 3.5mm etc. etc.

>Inevitable bootloops
>Abandoned operating system
>Most likely unavailable with production which stopped years ago
These are your results.

V20 doesn't bootloop and is getting 8.0.

>Not relevant when every phone in the last 3 years supports OTG.
Does everyone you see on the street carry this? Does anyone you see on the street carry this?

Attached: otg-hero_0.jpg (800x450, 76K)

it does get bootloop from what I've seen, but it's not common

>V20 doesn't bootloop and is getting 8.0.
Sure it doesn't. That would be why it was included in a class action lawsuit against LG.
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/lg-extends-warranty-to-30-months-for-those-affected-by-bootloop-issue/
xda-developers.com/lg-bootloop-lawsuit-settlement-backtrack/
Sell your device as fast as you can, unless you prefer eventually having a colorful paperweight.

I can't wait for base EU to regulate that all devices should have user-removable batteries with the new directive against planned-obsolescence.

>For now just waiting for manufacturer compliance if not, EU will slap GDPR 2.0 regarding issue.

Attached: First_move.png (696x394, 211K)

>Also, once you get a 10k mAh battery, you can't ever go back.
I grew up on flip phones, when I got my first smartphone (original DroidX with its MASSIVE 4.3" screen), I would have to agree, my phone barely lasted until 1pm even with minimal use.

However, the last time I cared about a removable battery was ~2013. When I got an LG G2 without a removable battery, then a Note5 without removable battery, now a note8 without removable battery.

I can make my phone EASILY last all day even with fairly heavy use.

Removable batteries are for homeless people and high school kids

Bootloop is just a general symptom of a hardware issue.

The bootlooped was the 808 and 810 CPUs burning their big cores out. The V20 uses the 820. It can bootloop, but it is a much more specific issue that isn't common at all.

>He leaves his house

>removable battery
u got memed

Attached: battery replacement for XIAOMI Redmi Note 4X.webm (854x480, 2.47M)

>Removable battery
Get a power bank, then you won't have to turn your phone off to use it again when battery is low.

>3.5mm port
There are good sounding Bluetooth headphones that can last over 40 hours of continuous playback per charge

>No notch
If the notch helps keep bezels down then why not?

>Card slot
>Buying a phone with less than 64GB
Why?

Attached: S80529-052945.jpg (1440x2560, 182K)

>>Removable battery

>Get a power bank, then you won't have to turn your phone off to use it again when battery is low.
What happens when your normal phone battery life is shit a year later? Gonna carry that powerbank everywhere?

.5mm port
>There are good sounding Bluetooth headphones that can last over 40 hours of continuous playback per charge
Bluetooth sounds like shit, and isn't compatible with everything.

>>No notch
>If the notch helps keep bezels down then why not?
The notch is fine if it is placed smartly like the v20.

>>Card slot
>>Buying a phone with less than 64GB
>Why?

Move data between devices? Backup? Way cheaper per GB? Also 64GB is not enough.

Xperia XZ Premium fits all of those except removable battery, which while unfortunate the battery has lasted really well for me, and I have a great powerbank

Batteries are often the first thing to go. That's why people want one they can easily replace.

Based EU

type C is a meme and literally makes no difference on daily usage
card slot is only useful if you really, for some reason, need more than 128 gigabytes of storage on your phone
removable battery isn't worth getting rid of proper waterproofing and it's not like you can't open the phone up after two or three years of usage and change it yourself

>card slot is only useful if you really, for some reason, need more than 128 gigabytes of storage on your phone
Weirdly enough, there are people who would like basic functionality that has been standardized and has existed for decades even on primitive phones, today. Not to mention that a micro SD card will always be cheaper than any variant of a smartphone with more internal storage.

I carry the cable. mSD is irrelevant if your phone has 32GB or more storage. Anything else might as well be put on any form of external storage

Xiaomi redmi note 4x and picrel
don't thank me

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 10K)

yes please

What is the fascination with removable batteries? Why carry a replacement battery with you that only fits your cellphone, when you can carry a USB powerbank that will charge all of your devices? What possible situations are there in which you can't just have the powerbank in your pocket & a cable to your phone for a while?

off yourself chink

I got one of these from Walmart for a few dollars. I keep it on my keychain.

Attached: Sandisk-OTG-64GB-64-GB-SDL127278956-1-0854e.jpg (850x995, 45K)

when the battery starts failing, you buy a new battery to replace it. it's less about the phone dying during the day

Battery degradation can render a phone useless, such as in the case as some HTC phones, and nobody wants to carry around other accessories to keep their dying device running.

No phone that I've ever owned has ever had its battery noticeably degrade inside of 4-5 years.

Alphabet soup agencies pushed for manufacturers to stop making the batteries in their devices easily removable. So besides being able to just pop in a new battery to have a full charge and not having to void the warranty to fix a worn down battery, there's also saying fuck you to the botnet.

Then disassemble it and replace the battery, Takes like 5 minutes. Power banks are cheaper , you don't have to turn your phone off and they will work with any phone, so you don't have to buy a new one when you upgrade.

>basic functionality
99% of phone users don't give a damn, which is exactly why it's phased out
that's how technology works

lul, imagine being this much of a storagelet

Now fit a 10Ah battery in there.

I really depends how you use it.
I recharge my phone every 6~8 days because it's basically a oversized dumbphone that just idles all day.
Meanwhile my parents recharge theirs daily and it shows as their batteries are starting to hit the shitter with random poweroffs at low charge levels.

Attached: 1527276233931.jpg (960x1620, 287K)

Are you poor to afford a phone with a decent amount of internal storage? Why are you hoarding garbage on a phone?

Replacement of a "non-removable" battery is still a 15-minute job
unless you buy some piece of shit that is glued together like pixels or new nokias

>mSD is irrelevant if your phone has 32GB or more storage.
How exactly did you determine this? And how did you exactly want to determine this for everyone? A micro SD card slot isn't an engineering challenge and there is no valid reason for excluding it.

Sounds like your parents bought dodgy chinkshit phones. I've never had a battery go bad in a smartphone that's had daily charge cycles for 3+ years.

Why hybrid sim/sd card slots aren't the standard is fucking beyond me.

>There are good sounding Bluetooth headphones
I find that hard to believe.

I got one too. 32GB.
Very comfy OTG

Holy fuck yes please

The v20 is quite nice having one myself

>16:9 screen in 2018

Protip: Your phone is a chink phone.

Batteries don't usually go bad. Their capacity steadily decreases with use. If you haven't noticed battery degradation after 3 years of use then congratulations on being unobservant. That's something to brag about just like how you think your phone isn't a chinkphone.

>mSD is irrelevant if your phone has 32GB or more storage
>t. doesn't has his music collection on his phone
>inb4 spotify

The v30 was such a downgrade

Wasting internal space.

>over 30GB music collection
Why

Samshit has become the only choice if you're looking to buy a flagship these days
>SD slot and 3.5mm jack
>no notch
>high-end SoC
>can flash AOSP on s9 and newer if you aren't a burger

Would be nice they had a removable battery but such is life

You're looking for 2015+ phone but everything about the list says 2005-

replacing battery is easy unless you care about warranty or water resistance

Trash removable battery and Type-C and you'll actually have options.

>no notch

this retard is stuck in 2016

>>usb type-c
Is this really something you can't compromise on?

This is true unfortunately.
I wish Sony would get their act together, they always had nice looking phones and a amost-unmolested build of android with the option to unlock the bootloader and flash AOSP (which Sony themselves provided instructions on how to compile it).
I don't want to touch anything OLED-related as I've personally witnessed fucked up, burned in screens just by dealing with friends and relatives.

Attached: 1468351065094.jpg (512x342, 63K)

>arguing for less features
>y-you don't need that
I thought this was a technology board.

Trying to use the phone when it's connected to a powerbank is awful. I'd rather have a separate battery charger and charge that with the powerbank.

>1080p+
oh man because i absofuckinglutely need 4K to read those indian whatsapp memes real good

>There are good sounding Bluetooth headphones
there are acceptable looking twinks
too bad i'm not a fucking faggot

>you're not gonna buy second battery for your new phone
>you're never gonna swap batteries because "you need some extra juice" far from wall outlet.
Stop lying to yourself, stop lying to us.

I can only imagine what sorts of mental gymnastics had to be made for this post. is the one who's too poor for a 128GB+ SD card
>why are you hoarding garbage
it's music, you autist
>inb4 spotify
imagine paying for 0.1kbps MP3s

why arent there any non dual sim models anymore? i dont need it and i also dont want that shitty nano sim thing that every model has now.

>hoarding thousands of music tracks you'll never listen to
No thanks, I need up to 8GB for that shit and it fits onto my device because it's not chinkshit.
>muh music streaming is bad
>nothing other than Spotify exists
You can stream music from your miniPC/laptop