Why can't I seem to find any 3:2 aspect ratio laptops despite it being vastly superior to the old 16:9 ratiolet...

Why can't I seem to find any 3:2 aspect ratio laptops despite it being vastly superior to the old 16:9 ratiolet, specially in the pro segment? After using a 3:2 monitor eveything else feels as if I was constantly squinting

Attached: xps-13-matebook-x-pro-display-aspect-screen.jpg (1600x1200, 448K)

surface book
surface laptop

Because Netflix TV shows are in 16:9

only retards buy 3:2

this

Consumer products appeal to as many people as possible, which means people who watch TV and Youtube all day.

Look for laptops that try to be more like tablets for office productivity. Surface, Chromebooks, etc.

there's people out there that do have jobs

apart from those

that's the problem, surface is extremely overpriced and not all people work in gay designer shit, the huawei matebook x pro is a great contender, but practically there's no other choice than surface/huawei

buy an old chromebook and put linux on it

you could try and look for chink laptops

i tried that some 3 years ago and the battery life was shit plus never managed to get the touchpad working. I didnt even use it for a week and sold it with windows 7 installed. also it was a shitty celeron

im actually seriously considering the matebook pro x

Attached: huawei-matebook-x-pro-review-14_1-1500x1000.jpg (1500x1000, 177K)

>Windows 7 installed
?

Try a well reviewed Chromebook, maybe pay a bit more for the Samsung Pro/Plus or even the Pixelbook.

16:9 is fine. The left half or so is for code, the right side is for notes, tickets, docs, whatever.

die

You're using it wrong. Unless you're stuck on some crappy resolution like 1366x768 or a tiny screen, you're better off not maximizing everything on widescreen.

desu i didn't even bother to look into it, i just wanted to sell it quickly and the first tutorials i found were for windows 7. Now that you mention it I might give it a second chance with a refurbished pixelbook maybe, though I don't expect much compared to a regular professional notebook (like a thinkpad, elitebook or a latitude) since those were made with the cloud meme as first class citizen

try doing that on a 14" laptop without squinting to read and scrolling constantly because you can't see for shit

I regularly code on a 14" laptop with a 1080p screen. Left about 4:3 part of it is code, the rest is notes or chat or whatever. Works great.

If you can't read it comfortably you should either consider a larger font, a bigger screen, or an eye checkup.

How about just a better screen ratio? because IDEs are not movies and therefore 16:9 is proved to be not ideal. There's stuff within the enviroment that you just can't pop on a window to the side and is stuck at the bottom, therefore stealing vertical screen real state

16:9 is fine only if you don't care about the size of the laptop. You end up with the same vertical real estate as a much smaller 3:2 screen.

>because IDEs are not movies and therefore 16:9 is proved to be not ideal.
I also watch videos on it, so 16:9 is nice. And what is 16:9 but 4:3 or 3:2 with an extra strip tacked on to the side?

>There's stuff within the enviroment that you just can't pop on a window to the side and is stuck at the bottom, therefore stealing vertical screen real state
For writing a lot of code, you won't need app output or debug views open, so close/minimize them and you have full vertical space. When debugging, you aren't going to be browsing or writing huge amounts of code. At 1080p, that leaves enough to debug blocks of code or functions.

At 1366x768 it's painfully small and just sucks, but so does everything else about that resolution.

> tfw all modern laptops with reasonable aspect ratios like 3:2 have dogshit chiclet keyboards with 3 micrometers of key-travel
> tfw most other laptops with good aspect ratios and decent keyboards are old and run core2duos at best

fuck it, I'm sticking with my ancient c2duo latitude

Attached: Macbook_keys_%28colour_balance%29.jpg (600x450, 103K)

Has anyone got the wallpaper on the left?

>And what is 16:9 but 4:3 or 3:2 with an extra strip tacked on to the side
This kind of reasoning really doesn't hold up to scrutiny.
>1366x768
The fact that this is an extremely common and unfortunate manifestion of 16:9 is why.
1152x768 is 3:2. I would not want to work on a 1152x768 screen "with an extra strip tacked on to the side", because that's a shit amount of vertical space.

You're looking in the wrong places

Attached: GooglePixelbookTop-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 49K)

I'm using Samsung Chromebook Pro for that exact reason. It's either this or pay $2000 for the Surface which has a 25% chance to destroy itself. Great times we live in.

wtf you can't use this laptop, on Jow Forums everyone uses thinkpads

Do you code in it and what software do you use?

People with jobs pay for Netflix and watch it after work.

Imagine a 3:2 thinkpad... still wouldn't ditch my latitude tho

>with an extra strip tacked on to the side?
Didn't you mean the bottom?
I can have two consoles on the bottom on that space while still having my IDE on top as if it were in fullscreen... Now imagine I have just one console on the side and all that extra space to look at my code. There's no logical point in defending 16:9 for work other than "you can consume media too" when such thing is irrelevant in a working environment, 3:2 its really superior for getting shit done

That's why I already have a tv with internet access and many other ways to consume media... it's just that WORKING on a ratio that's meant for media consumption isn't optimal

Attached: aspect-comparison-2.jpg (1600x532, 129K)

i have the matebook x it's a small fanless 3:2 laptop. really like it, touchpad sucks compared to the macbook but oh well

I got a Chuwi Hi13 tablet. 13 inch 3000x2000 IPS screen is a beauty, even at 1500x1000 I usually run it at to keep it's general usage smooth. (I crank it up to 3000x2000 for films, reading manga, and Netflix usually)
Not for everyone I realise though. China QC is flaky, but when you get a decent unit, you save a ton.

Surface keyboards are among the best in the notebook industry, only Thinkpad seems to beat it according to the majority of the reviewers.

Why their laptops look so good but their phones are so crap