Want to get a job

>want to get a job
>have to memorize and practice autism whiteboard problems that have nothing to do with day to day work
I hate this world.

Attached: 1506388259745.jpg (640x480, 31K)

Only fresh grads and subpar developers need to worry about such problems. If you're a decent developer your interview will focus on your experience and projects, not fizzbuzz tier nonsense.

Yep. If you're going for a junior position or internship you can expect this bullshit. If you're already established or have a job or two under your belt then this won't be the case. It'll mostly be going over your experience, previous jobs, what you've done, how you've done it, and maybe some hypotheticals about how you would do [x] or [y].

At least that's what we ask here, we don't give a shit about algorithm puzzles, no whiteboarding anywhere actually.

But fizzbuzz is incredibly fucking simple and if you can't fizzbuzz you don't deserve a job, even if you have never heard of it before it's insanely simple

>loop through from 1-100
>if the current number you are looping through is divisible by 3 do something
>if it is divisible by 5 do something else
>if it is divisible by 3 AND 5 do both of those things
>if not print the number you are on

The fact that people struggle with this blows my mind

Even at FAANG?

wut

employers can hire whoever they want
get used to it

This. Plus any place worth it's salt will give programming problems on the computer instead of the whiteboard.

If you're talking design discussions though, those should happen on the whiteboard. I had one of those for my current job, essentially designing an API to go into the middle of their existing system.

Nobody actually asks fizzbuzz retard. When people say fizzbuzz they mean similarly easy problems like find the intersection of 2 lines in a 3D space, or printing a list of unmatched letters from 2 strings in o(1). Listing off the rules of fizzbuzz doesn't make you look smart

Life is a scam anyway, they will hire Chad who is a son of senior manager instead of you. This is why I NEET and live in mummy's basement, I refuse to play losing game.

Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Google

Self taught is the way to go

Oh I don't give a fuck about any of those. They probably do it regardless because they have thousands of applicants for even a janitor position.

>Oh I don't give a fuck about any of those
Why?

No it isn't, at least for 90% of people out there too dumb to follow instructions properly. OP posted that stupid fucking frog, what makes you think he's part of the top 10%?

I don't want to work at any of those companies, especially if I would have to move to California. Even if remote, it'd have to be an insane offer for me to consider it.

Of course it doesn't make you look smart, but people do struggle with it and I see these people posting on Jow Forums, discord reddit etc saying they want to work for google but can't even do these basic tasks, with years of experience.

>every job in the world requires whiteboard problem solving
dumb frognigger
It's not like anyone would hire you anyway.

Yeah....
Self taught is the way to go

But the pay and perks are so good.

>printing a list of unmatched letters from 2 strings in o(1)
Impossible.

Meh, better to live somewhere where the CoL is relatively low (like where I am now) and get good pay. Not worth putting up with the headache of insane pricing of housing and everything else and the awful commute you'll likely have since you can't live next to work.

I'd rather pay what I pay now to literally live next door to work and walk 3 minutes into the office and get paid well than trade that for sitting in traffic for 30 minutes to 90 minutes every day in god awful traffic downtown every day.

How's your depression treating you, you half tendie fuck.

>but can't even do these basic tasks, with years of experience.
obligatory pic related

Attached: InterviewFails.png (2752x4342, 742K)

This I live in IL along the Iowa border...there are shit tons of tech and coding jobs open here

I know you're trolling, but connections are indespensable when it comes to finding a job

You know that these companies have offices in other locations right? I pay $1500 a month for an apartment in downtown Bellevue literally a 5 minute walk away from Amazon's new office.

These are all SEA pajeets who are lying about their education and work experience. Not relevant at all in the western world.

That doesn't change anything about what I think of their internal culture, hiring or promotion policies.

Build cool shit and put it up on the internet.
That's how I got a job.
They even skipped the technical part of it and we just talked

My knowledge is limited to what I read online, but the other recruiters/interviewers here on Jow Forums have confirmed that they experienced the same.

No. I interview for a company that actually pays a decent wage and never had a candidate who couldn't do fizzbuzz. Stop being such an attention whoring tripfag.

>I interview
Are you the first contact with the candidates, or does HR filter them first for you?

I did this too. Github is a free portfolio.

If you can't do fizz buzz you are genuinely retarded

No fucking shit HR filters them. But solely on the contents of their application and resume.

The pay is so good because you're living at your fucking place of work. Expect to be pulling 12+ hour days and sleeping at the office or in your car routinely

no

>find the intersection of 2 lines in a 3d space
Where the fuck would you ever get asked this as a whiteboard question? You're just blowing smoke out your ass because you were losing

I wish this were the case. In NYC, Bloomberg, and a lot of other major firms drag EVERYONE through the fizzbuzz nonsense regardless of experience. I have yet to encounter a situation in real life where I need to implement an off by 1 Fibonacci sequence. You really do have to know your stupid programming tricks even if they have nothing to do with real life programming.

Attached: 1417580521795.gif (210x144, 1.47M)

>want to do a simple task in the job
>have to request for permission to 5+ leaders from each area
>have to create RFC
>have to present RFC to CAB
>RFC rejected
>have to request permission again
>permission granted for 2 months later

even big companies still interview experienced programmers with theoretical non sense bullshit if they do not know you, you've got to know somebody inside the company to focus on your experience

>fizzbuzz is now theoretical non sense bullshit

The significance of fizzbuzz isn't that it's easy; it's to show what you're capable of and how you would go about solving such a problem. If you're program reflected the exact logic that you described with three if-statements, it would not be the most optimal way of doing it but it would be the most obvious. A good interviewer would pick up on this.