Why is everybody talking up Void?

Why is everybody talking up Void?

I have been using it for less than 15 minutes and I already think it's shit.

Attached: Void_Linux_logo.svg.png (1200x989, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voidlinux.eu/news/2017/12/ponysay.html
voidlinux.eu/news/2018/04/my-little-void.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's the same retards that hate systemd. Ignore them, and gon't get memed on Jow Forums

What's with all the different commands for installing∕removing/searching for packages?

xbps-install for installing
xbps-query for searching
xbps-remove for removing

What's wrong with having just one command, xbps, and then having install, queery and remove as options to that command?

Just pretend the hyphens aren't there nigga

its a hipster distro that will probably end up landing you with a fuckhuge gaping vulnerability on your system you won know about for months
that shit always happens with smaller distros

Is king void man still disappeared?

sometimes you need systems that don't run multiple operating systems at the same time.

Thats what everything used to do, it's kind of the standard. Literally the XDG standard style.

>voidfags will defend this

I was about to install this but I can't ethically support pony fags.

Found the CIA nigg*r

>I have been using it for less than 15 minutes and I already think it's shit.
You are making good points!
Did you really found all those issues in less than 15 minutes?? What a madman!

t. butthurt ponyfucker

>pony fags
Please elaborate.

voidlinux.eu/news/2017/12/ponysay.html
voidlinux.eu/news/2018/04/my-little-void.html
I wouldn't touch void with a ten foot pole, you have to hold a gun to my head to make me associate myself with these mentally ill neckbeards.

turns out ponyfuckers make good software then

Even Gentoo has ponysay in their repos, I don't see how this is specifically relevant to Void? Did they make it?

I'm comfy with Gentoo, OpenRC is good

Because each of them is doing something different

Same

You mean horsefucker os?

Attached: screenshot.png (1098x646, 164K)

Is it possible to uninstall part of xbps such as xbps-query but keep the rest?

Nice. Gonna support it now.

so you're not gonna use gentoo now?

It's one thing to put it in your repos.
It's a completely different level to make an official blog post about it.

CIA niggers suicided the Benevolent Dicator for Life and replaced him with some ponyfags to destroy the project

>he can't into aliases

>Why is everybody talking up Void?
No systemd, LibreSSL, optional MUSL and excellent xbps/xbps-src.

Also, you can actually update as often on rarely as you want and not fear breakages.

>OpenRC is good
Slower in my experience and parallel mode is shit.

I like the package manager and runit is better and simpler to understand than systemd.

On April 1st? I fail to see the issue.

You are right, it's shit
Syntax is shit and verbose, pacman syntax is better
false from my own experience
After switching to systemd i find runit shitty, commands are hard to remember and longs

t. 8 month void user now on parabola

>pacman syntax is better
What? Also, pacman is pretty bad compared to xbps.
>false from my own experience
Elaborate
>After switching to systemd i find runit shitty
Elaborate. Same with "long commands".

you already convinced me, there is no reason for further enumerating issues of void.
Have you thought about opening a ticket on this one ?

why is parallel startup shit? i agree that openrc is slower, it's basically additional shell scripts on top of sysvinit, but it's also more robust than runit and you can also use runit with gentoo.

>Syntax is shit and verbose, pacman syntax is better
if verbosity is a problem then just alias it lmao nigga.

>false from my own experience
care to elaborate what packages you used? never happened to me.

>After switching to systemd i find runit shitty, commands are hard to remember and longs

there's only two command for needed for runit and you should already be familiar with one of them if you've ever used linux, ln. the other is sv, much simpler than using systemctl which has 30 different options and needing to know every unit type. if anything void is way easier to use and maintain which is what i like about it.

t. using void as daily driver for 4 years

>why is parallel startup shit?
It took longer than concurrent loading last time I tried it(not long after they started updating it like there is no tomorrow).

>and you can also use runit with gentoo.
Do the packages come with runit scripts?

>it's also more robust
Don't understand this one.

>being this butthurt

t. I use void too but I can actually operate a cmputer (unlike you)

Attached: stallman-compilation.jpg (640x400, 37K)

wasn't this shit dead?

>The current project leader has disappeared. We have had no contact with him since the end of January, and no meaningful contact for well over a year. This itself would be concerning, on its own but no threat to the project.

Just left void after a year or two. Void is awesome. I'm only leaving it because I need some printer drivers at work and brother drivers are shit and unsupported by void

Xtraeme is MIA.

concurrent is parallel. you mean serial startup? also parallel boot will have a speedup dependent on the number of threads you have. in my experience i've got 2x speedup on my 6-core processor.

you do not need specific runit scripts to use runit as your init. unless you have specific startup needs (admittedly there are some quirks needed for some networking things that are openrc centric, which can still be written in init.d style initscripts), runit only needs to scan the symlink directory and will simply scan and fork the openrc runsv scripts. the main problem with installing runit is because runit doesn't support runlevels, openrc will handle shutdown, but afaik it should be accomplished by a wrapper by the guys who made the ebuild.

openrc works on top of sysvinit, meaning that sysvinit will handle the actions openrc sets up in each runlevel, runit intends to replace all of it entirely with and add a supervision system which openrc does not.

/thread

>concurrent is parallel. you mean serial startup?
Yep. Not a native speaker, sorry. I meant one after another.
Also, it loaded really slowly if I had DHCP added.
I ran it on 3930k with 6 cores. Didn't see any improvement, to be honest.
I thought it's just that bad, since even rc.conf advised against it.

>last paragraph
Seems like a lot of hassle.

People keep falling for the systemd memes OP.

Attached: u7o1tk.jpg (512x384, 40K)