Why own a home theater when movies can be watched on phones and other portable players? I just don't get it...

Why own a home theater when movies can be watched on phones and other portable players? I just don't get it. Seems like a handy screen and headphones is all that is required to enjoy movies. What's the point of a home theater when we already own so many other devices that can play movies?

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1527346793664.jpg (720x576, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0
landmarktheatres.com/minneapolis/uptown-theatre/film-info/where-the-wild-things-are
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When you actually have friends, being able to watch a movie on a screen bigger than a matchbox is helpful. Sorry OP.

second time ive seen this exact thread, fuck off

>internet explorer user
>complete tasteless pleb
what a surprise.

youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

its still better even if you dont have friends

Why even use the headphones?
Just use the built in speaker.

If it's too loud, turn it down.

You should lurk moar and cry less you /nu/fag

>Why own a home theater when movies can be watched on phones and other portable players?
I can't carry around a 50" TV, a 500W subwoofer, an amp and bookshelf speakers can I you dumb faggot.

Those things enhance the experience, I don't want the bare minimum I want and pay for a good experience because I can and want to.

You don't have to carry those things around to enjoy movies. Movie theaters are a thing you know. Pretty sure even a shitty movie theater will blow your Best Buy garbage out of the water anyway.

I have tab s with 10.5 inch oled screen, I watch all my movies on it.

>You don't have to carry those things around to enjoy movies
I cannot carry them round, that's the point. They add to the experience and I can use them for whatever I want, like listening to music of watching tv shows.

You might be able to settle with the bare minimum but I have standards and a job.

assuming the resolution is the same, the size of the screen is irrelevant and a phone close to your face is literally no different to some obnoxiously large tv on the other side of the room.

You can't get "lost" in a movie on your phone as you would a projector. The only plus side is you won't notice awful motion blur

They don't show my taiwanese puppet shows at the theatre.

>You can't get "lost" in a movie on your phone as you would a projector.
this is a completely meaningless sentence. a large screen far away will take up as much of your field of view as a small screen that's close.

>The only plus side is you won't notice awful motion blur
what are you even talking about, retard?

Then why aren't you watching movies at the theater and going to concerts? Only poorfags sit around the house.

>You can't get "lost" in a movie on your phone as you would a projector
False
>Turn your compatible Samsung Galaxy smartphone into a completely portable and wireless virtual reality machine.

Attached: 91P3CVkjsPL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1000, 260K)

Why watch movies on your iPod when you can just imagine them in your head? Then you can just bypass the inefficiencies of visual communication all together by projecting the images in your head AND bonus: you can change the plot so you have friends. You fucking lonely autist.

I do go to concerts, it's the only way I support bands cause I'm sure as hell not doing it with album sales.

Movie theatres only show recent stuff, what if I want to watch a movie that's years old?

Come watch this movie with me :3
landmarktheatres.com/minneapolis/uptown-theatre/film-info/where-the-wild-things-are