/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: __hatsune_miku_vocaloid_drawn_by_hoshiineko__f2878a2286e53171cac1edecb022ddad.png (995x1322, 1.31M)

Other urls found in this thread:

canpicker.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=168lfhFLtsk
youtube.com/watch?v=hiNdTUxGYCo
youtube.com/watch?v=rYBgWgjjgxQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 71218B98-C060-429E-A342-784D2E1285B3.jpg (2942x3334, 1.81M)

stax

I'm looking for something that'll let me watch anime and block noise at night.

Are there any headphones that are sound canceling and come with wires that are replacable? I need something I don't have to replace every month

This desu

Price rage? And what noise do you want? Soundstage, dose it have to have cat ears ect..

Everybody post your setup right fucking now to prove you even have headphones. Except for floor user because he spams his setup every fucking thread and I'm tired of seeing it.

Attached: 20180528_204804-1.jpg (3166x1579, 908K)

old pic

Attached: IMG_20180305_221913352.jpg (4160x2340, 2.38M)

comfy

Are the zs6 better than shure 215s?

>That tube amp
Could not build a bottlehead crack huh.

nice setup

Attached: electrochad.jpg (479x640, 74K)

$0 - $50

It needs to work for anime and gif/ and not break after a month. It also needs to sound decent

This is so gay and autistic I think I'm going to throw up

ageed. dynamics and planars can do that to you. good thing he has STAX

They told me this day would not come.

Attached: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.png (534x648, 375K)

I think you forgot to post your setup bro

pls no h8

Attached: heh).jpg (1280x800, 100K)

Why does Argon user get to me so much? I know he shouldn't but still. Please go tripfag.

Attached: Assman.jpg (278x182, 12K)

personally he reminds me of my younger self first getting in the game, inexperienced and dumb, and it annoys me

I dont know I mean most generals have at least one shitter like that, to be honest he's not the worst he's more like that annoying guy you can't uninvite from your friend group who keeps showing up anyways

New stax owner here. When I adjust the earcups or even take take them off I get an awful crackling noise... I'm just now looking this up and apparently its called the "stax fart"? Some people are saying apparently its a good thing it means you are getting a good seal. Just wondering if any other stax owners here experience the same thing and will it fuck up the diaphragms? Also this headband is just laughably cheap feeling and bad, is it worth upgrading to L700 headband or is it the same shit?

This pic is not a meme you know.

Attached: Blu tacx.png (1041x1500, 1.19M)

>Just wondering if any other stax owners here experience the same thing and will it fuck up the diaphragms?
they are fine. audeze has issues with popping because they are so inefficient they need to go stupidly low with diaphragm thickness (0.1-0.5 micron vs 1+ micron of stax). they also have fucking magnets on both sides thrashing the diaphragm back and forth. estats don't have issues with diaphragm pops

the l300 is very cut cost to hit that price point, if you want polish you want the l300 le or l700

Odd. I don't think about you.
All stax feel cheap except the 009 witch are trash.

Attached: Front_on_stand.jpg (1500x1208, 155K)

Can you explain then?
Yeah I experienced that with my LCD-3 but its way fucking louder on the stax.

is akg any good?

Can be.

the only reason you post is for your shit purchase validation

This is /hpg/ yes. First day?

>Odd. I don't think about you.
literally the only reason you post is for validation

Attached: shitpost.png (500x1228, 816K)

this is for fotm shitposting and shitty t50rp mod isnt fotm

Yes, that is a good thing. It won't damage the diaphragms at all. The L700 has a better headband, but the yokes are still plastic. SR507 is the best built, and has metal yokes.

>shitty t50rp mod isnt fotm
t50rp mods are the biggest beginner's trap

How is a headphone that does what I want from it a trap? Go on. Explain.

is it possible to buy a 007 headband and 3d print yokes to use on the lambdas?

Yeah, it'd be possible. I'm not a big fan of the 007 headband anyways. It's a bit on the small side.

I'm thinking about upgrading my setup from this first gen Fiio X3 in USB DAC mode.
What's the best DAC + amp combo I can get for $400 or less? Looking at Schiit Modi + Magni currently.

The new K7XXs kick ass.

Forgot pic

Attached: IMG_20180527_191925.jpg (2016x1512, 1.27M)

yea. Handmade Deerskin headband feels real good like.

Attached: Argons.jpg (1500x1125, 142K)

>What's the best DAC + amp combo I can get for $400 or less?
don't do this, save for stax.

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM SCHIIT, TERRIBLE PRODUCTS

Were talking about high end headphones here kiddo

fuck off

What's a better choice in that price range, then?

Schiit modi multibit and magni 3

If only! That's why we're all here, we can barely afford the space between our ears!
I have the L300, it doesn't have any issues like that except for the fact that the channels are backwards compared to the diagram on the volume knob on my 006-ts energizer.
What's the gimmic?

Don't forget: RME-ADI makes your phones sound like Stax!

Attached: P1060593.jpg (3648x2736, 899K)

No you was taking about headbands sweetie.

would the monoprice dac/amp be fine for the hd600?

Attached: IMG_20180526_122751344.jpg (2340x4160, 2.26M)

I looked at the Multibit but I'm not knowledgeable enough about all this to know what benefit that provides over the vanilla Modi or Uber.
Does it sound better if I'm only using it with USB or does it just provide more connection types?

That's because you're not getting a good seal. No wonder other headphones sound like stax to you.
If you're purchasing a DAC/amp for $400 you're doing it for the meme. If you don't want the multimeme then get an emotiva a100 and a generic $50 sabre dac.

topping d30 and jds o2, schiit is marketing but their products are fucking terrible, they make arguably the worst products at the price point for every single product they make and have the worst customer support out of anybody

anybody recommending them to you here is memeing

so i see everyone recommending stax but what is stax?

i went canpicker.com/ here and ctrl-f stax and dont see one, scrolled own dont se eone...

Yes, but I'd still recommend against it because high OI. Something like a O2/OLDAC or Magni3 (BUY USED DO NOT SUPPORT SCHIIT) + Topping D10/30/50 will serve you until the end of time for any headphone out there.

stax are ultra high end electrostatic headphones, they make the best headphones in the world but they're very expensive

Stay away from schiit. O2 + OL DAC is better. Topping D30 + Aune X7s is also a good combo and Audio gd NFB 11.28 also a great combo unit..

Is the magni3 a large improvement over the magni2?

He can't collect affiliate shekels because stax isn't on Amazon.
No

thanks

Attached: IMG_20180304_010335407.jpg (2340x4160, 2.2M)

wtf I never noticed the canpicker website was an amazon affiliate thing lol. I always thought a decent portion of those headphones have no business being recommended, curated headphones my ass hahahaha

I share a tiny apartment with 3 other people pls be nice. My DT770 Pros are in the stand on the right.

gorgeous

How do you even put your head in there wtf

Objective2 + ODAC

Attached: IMG_20180131_211632_036.jpg (4525x2547, 2.31M)

Say NO to STAX!

Attached: 1415224808345.jpg (4304x2860, 2.06M)

Oh Quit. I'm almost 50 and HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED what the internet did to America's music model. It drained all the $$$ going to the artists, encouraging originality. Where are today's Led Zepplins, Bostons and Metallicas? Touring to support themselves instead of vacationing, taking lots of drugs and writing good tunes. For shame.
No, my ears and equipment are fine, it's today's music that sucks. And YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Attached: 20180525_204350.jpg (4032x3024, 410K)

comfy except for the faggy glass

>I'm almost 50
Man I'm sorry for your boomer ass hearing loss does explain it, no offense.

Get the multibit. Great timbre and not some math challenged interpretation.

I don't blame him for the hustle, the site was built by /hpg/ but /hpg/ changes its opinions as people come and go. Except STAX, that is eternal.

hd800 owners on suicide watch

Attached: 1460588047866.jpg (607x607, 36K)

>Comparing new headphones to Stats is so old. It was done with HD600 back in the 90s. So... it literally means nothing to me. Anytime something new comes out people say it's as good as Stax. LOL. Same thing happened with the HE-5 and LCD-2. Whatevers, Stax is Stax, nothing really sounds like it, and it's not everyone's cup of tea. Steve is not helping his image as the overhyper with these kind of comments.

how much would I regret purchasing this setup if I'm getting into high end audio? and don't wanna drop too much money to run my headphones?

Attached: Screenshot_46.png (703x505, 79K)

this has to be bait

>Budget
Around $30-50, maybe $60 at the absolute most
>Location
South America
>Source
PC
>Type of headphone
Either on ear or over ear
>Open or closed
Closed would be better
>Comfort level
Enough to listen comfortably for 3-4 hours non-stop
>Sound signature
Neutral. Perhaps a bit in the bassy side would be alright
>Past headphones
Had Xiaomi Hybrid Pros and generally enjoyed them, but the sibilance was unbearable in some songs. Currently using Panasonic HJE-125 ones

I'm looking for something with both good sound and good looks, I was considering buying Panasonic HTX7, because they look cute but they seem to have been deprecated in favour of a worse sounding and way more expensive pair.
Bluetooth is a plus but not a requirement, as well as a detachable wire. Good sound and looks are a must, though. I really want cute cute cute headphones that feel good and cute everytime I put them on

Attached: d5807809587423f5641f42305a5749b4560d84106b6b8032ffc1d003f0fd10bd.jpg (443x332, 15K)

The XB950N1 from sony is basically exactly that. My main headphones are the LCD-2 and HD600 but even I was impressed with what you can get from those sony's for so little money.
They're bt and have a mic too.

Meh, get over it - I've aways had Good Ears and am still blessed. I can hear the mosquito up to 16khz. Plus, at this point I've had WAY MORE EXPERIENCE with purchases and disappointments, and the DT-770 was still good 30 years ago when they invented it. Nope, biggest problem is they've stopped making Good Music... except for Josh Smith, man I'm digin' what he's Laying Down! SRV Style! (this video sucks ass for audio tho) youtube.com/watch?v=168lfhFLtsk

Attached: 20170525_145400.jpg (3024x4032, 939K)

Well I would recommend koss portapros but I don't know what all this gay shit about being cute means. Define cute headphones

The 009S from stax is basically exactly that. My main headphones are the L700 AND L300 LE but even I was impressed with what you can get from those stax's for so much money.
They're es and very fragile too.

You do realize you’re in a general full of teenagers....right?

>My nigga if this is entry level my brain literally cannot comprehend end game. I'm sitting here staring at my lcd-3 wondering why they even exist. Memes are fucking real.
tfw you think stax memers are the most dishonest bullshitters on /hpg/ but then you try stax and you realize they are the most honest

Attached: 1525773440151.jpg (626x602, 58K)

stax

Attached: 32t.jpg (719x960, 134K)

Nope - bet U can't afford Stax. That requires Experience.

Attached: 20160218_213104.jpg (5312x2988, 641K)

Well, they obviously have to look fashionable and overall cute
Which the porta pros aren't
You have never seen anime girls wear portapros, have you?

hd800

Attached: perfection.jpg (2048x2048, 347K)

I can hear 21K. I'm sure your hearing loss is pretty severe. Good for your age, maybe, but not compared to the 20 somethings in this thread.

disgusting

NFB-11.28

youtube.com/watch?v=hiNdTUxGYCo

Attached: Intererieur.jpg (1280x936, 1.03M)

Attached: woz.jpg (480x270, 11K)

helpful thanks

if its not bait your purchase would be terrible, what is your budget and what are you trying to do

Wait are those open air audio technicas with a removable cable? Is that modded or what model?

Attached: delicious.jpg (750x500, 70K)

stax.
*chips*

Attached: staxgirl.jpg (680x416, 234K)

damn I need to get a girlfriend

its a modded ath-ad900 the old ones were made in japan ;>

the only reason to have a girlfriend is so you can watch her enjoy your stax while you listen to your other stax

ok

All this listening with no Feedback. Obviously Music is a personal choice, and I'm stuck in the 90's. Does anyone have any modern Rock that Rocks? Personally big fan of Genesis, Rush, Metallica, Black Label Society, Corrosion of Conformity, Clutch and James Brown to name a few. I can recommend an oddball that none of you have heard, and if you like Genesis you'll dig it: Brand X.

Attached: IMG_0012.jpg (1619x1463, 301K)

youtube.com/watch?v=rYBgWgjjgxQ

>tfw have to listen to L300 while gf listens to L500 and Tyrone listens to L700

Oh nice. I was considering picking up a pair but didn't see any with that feature. Might be a fun mod.