youtu.be/Rub-JsjMhWY
youtu.be/vwFz3EThGMU
youtube.com/watch?v=AvkO3fRwdr8
harmful.cat-v.org/software/c /I_did_it_for_you_all
open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG21/docs/papers/2018/p0977r0.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why isn't E, D, or F faster than C?

Because C runs everything :c

I started learning it today, I'm gonna regret it, right?

Nope
youtu.be/Rub-JsjMhWY

I don't. It's my favorite language.

youtu.be/vwFz3EThGMU

C++ is the most POWERFUL language of all time

see

>Why do you hate my creation Jow Forums?
I don't. C++ is awesome. It took about two years for me to become a proficient C++ programmer. Now I make $155k per year writing it.

Attached: cat.jpg (600x800, 124K)

I feel so loved

kore.io C web server usable with C++ and Python. has hookups to pgsql and other shit. look it up.

youtube.com/watch?v=AvkO3fRwdr8

Well for one move & copy constructors are a total mess. Also all sorts of unexpected undefined behaviors that cause hard to track bugs. Line for line C++ software has more bugs and security holes than any other language by far.

Well try maintaining a 40 fucking year old open programming language anyone can add their shit code too

Yes, you will use it for a couple of years until you realise 50% of all the code you write is boilerplate for useless, "pretty" interfaces. Then you will switch to C or start writing C-like C++.

Attached: cpp_barne_book.jpg (557x800, 193K)

>anyone can add their shit code too
That's the problem. Last year at CPP con there was a proposal to add basic audio capabilities to the STL. There has also been one for primitive graphics and window creation. You can fucking bet they will go through at one point or another.

You're a son of a bitch
you know that?

Then you will switch to Java. You will be able to write the same programs in 1/3 the time with 80% of the performance and fewer bugs.

>C++
Because James Gosling is a asshole

harmful.cat-v.org/software/c /I_did_it_for_you_all

I ain't clicking that shit nigga

lmao is this real?

brainlet here

what types of applications is C++ suitable for vs. C? I gather that C++ is not flatly superior to C and that C is still the correct choice for many situations.

>not "Barney Starsoup"
missed opportunity, user

no, it's fake interview

Because we're brainlets and incapable of anything beyond Lisp fizzbuzz.

>over 1 hour for what could fit 2 paragraphs

The main problem with C++ is its complexity. Nearly anyone can understand well written C code, but what most people believe constitutes well written C++ code changes with every new standard. C++ has a lot of confusing unexpected behavior.

You can do pretty much everything C can do in C++, but eventually some fucking idiot is going to make one tiny mistake and ruin everything.

>tfw BS decently btfos himself some decades later because he is no language designer and neither are most of the committee shitters
open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG21/docs/papers/2018/p0977r0.pdf
Well, better late than never.

here are some languages better than C++ from the top of my head

C
Erlang
R
Rust
Java
Python
Perl
Scheme
Lisp
Common Lisp
Haskell
Fortran
Ada
Smalltalk
Scala
Vala
Ruby
Crystal
Elixir
Clojure
D
Assembly
Lua

that's why

It was made with the wrong approach of metaprogramming and backward compatibility in mind. The latter has been fixed lately, now that it is too late.