Private space race incoming, who you backing Jow Forums?

Private space race incoming, who you backing Jow Forums?

geekwire.com/2018/jeff-bezos-blue-origin-space-venture-go-moon-settlements/

Attached: Mezos.jpg (780x439, 84K)

The one without hair loss.

people constantly make jokes about zuck being a robot or a lizard but i dont see enough of that directed at jeff bezos. that man is not human. i'm not even certain he sleeps. i bet he just stays up all night plotting against everyone who isnt jeff bezos. his entire existence is dedicated to owning every object he lays his eyes on. i'm sure if his medical history got leaked it would show he's a diagnosed sociopath. we are living among talking insects in the form of people.

That would be neither. Musk got hair transplants.

Given all the incompetence and bullshit peddling from Musk when it comes to the hyperloop, I'm more inclined to side with Bezos.

Musk's failures are considerably less than Bezos'. Bezos started some shit at the right time and is only in business because he's the biggest. Amazon services are pretty bad considering the resources they have at their disposal.

>these two when addressing their colonist guinea pigs

Attached: 6bb.jpg (600x450, 46K)

>if his medical history got leaked it would show he's a diagnosed sociopath
there have been studies on major CEOs that show they all have mental disorders that help them stay focused and to be dominant in meetings.
I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a high level Google exec and she basically has no down time, works 7 days a week 12 hours a day. At that point you wonder if your huge salary is worth it. It's not like they retire at 40 either, they need the stress, it's like a high to them

Not all, but many and maybe even most, because it gives a competitive advantage in those circles. Just like politicians.
But sometimes they become major CEO by luck or other talent, like Musk. He is definitely not a sociopath.

Neither.

Fuck their dick measuring contest.

The world needs food, water, clean air, better healthcare, and housing. We won't be needing the faint promises of space in a thousand years.

>inb4 muh Urf-threatening asteroids and natural disasters
We're much more likely to be wiped out by climate change, disease and famine than an asteroid at this point.

>The world needs food, water, clean air, better healthcare, and housing. We won't be needing the faint promises of space in a thousand years.
these are not money-based problems. wasting bezos/musk's money on them won't accomplish anything.

totally, climate change is the biggest threat to the dinosaurs

>food, water, and housing
The world has those. The only problem is that people keep reproducing until and beyond the point that the basic needs become scarce. Putting resources into space exploration doesn't change this, it only slightly alters when this point is reached.

>The world needs food, water, clean air, better healthcare, and housing.
We have more than enough of all of those

Attached: 1523010695068.jpg (500x397, 45K)

>The world needs food, water, clean air, better healthcare, and housing.
No, you mean "the third world" needs those things, because they are useless parasites holding us back.
I say fuck 'm. Mars, here we come.

>Moon
lmao who cares

>brainlet post
are you mudslime or something?

Bezos is CIA nigger so I go Musk

Attached: unnamed.jpg (514x285, 68K)

that would qualify as hair gain

The problem is that the people who are lacking in these can't afford them. Why can't they afford them? Because they don't have jobs that would pay enough. Why don't they have jobs? Because they haven't made them, nor do they have an education good enough or infrastructure for other regions to come in. Constant wars don't help either.

The problem is that a lot of the world is just poor. They don't do anything useful for the rest of the world. We used to be that way too before industrialization.

Hyperion does, pumpkin.

Attached: 51a11941e1c4c.png (256x256, 95K)

The only thing out of what you mentioned that could maybe wipe out humanity is disease. Even that is questionable. The rest of them can't wipe out humanity.

What do you mean by money-based problems?

If I understand correctly, if you suggest that these major dossiers of human needs don't have good return on investment in their advancement of science and industries, you might be overlooking some of the world's giant pharmaceutical companies and food producers.

We're far, far too young a space faring civilization to just pack up and start over elsewhere as a sustainable colony if, say, an extinction-level threat is encroaching on us.

I'm all for the research and the attempts at reaching out farther into the void, but don't be thinking that a Mars colony can survive independently. Not in a thousand years will it make economic sense. There's simply no demand now or in the future for that to happen. It's just good TV.

face it, Earth is a lost battle

It doesn't matter
either way, we lose

Yeah, but for the money we put into taking care of not-so-productive people and letting them proliferate, we could already have a Mars colony. It makes little economic sense, but still more than some of the things we put our resources in right now.

Same guy, giving a TL;DR:

gets it.

Where's the real jack though, not the pixel jack. We need his opinion on the 2018 phone industry.

>What do you mean by money-based problems?
All of the issues you listed have political/social roots. Paying for their food, water, education and so on won't actually solve any of the underlying problems.

Someone gets it. Dumping money into private space stuff has worked in the past, dumping money into climate change, housing, etc doesnt work that well because humans often dont act in kind or rational ways. If you managed to erase all the political and psycological bullshit (like the whole left vs right retarded dual thinking) then I agree dumping money would solve those issues.

I wasn't suggesting charity.
Development of infrastructure is more meaningful than giving handouts, and it's easier and much more sensible doing it here on Earth than all they way over at Mars. But I guess those 2 rich people need make the news somehow.
I'm not saying they're not doing any of that already. Just that today the promise of human survival on fragile, expensive, distant colonies should be taken with a grain of salt.

>Development of infrastructure is more meaningful than giving handouts, and it's easier and much more sensible doing it here on Earth than all they way over at Mars.
Building infrastructure is not a handout? In any case, there was plenty of infrastructure left behind in former European colonies, but most of it is decrepit now.

Development is more sustainable than pocket money. Creating jobs and providing education are more investments than they are handouts in that sense, at least to me. The old "feed me a fish for a day or teach me how to fish" adage.

About European infrastructure in colonies of the past, that's a whole different playing field from outer space, and as you said, even with the relatively much smaller burden of Earth colonies compared to off-planet ones, they failed in some ways. They were the seed of human civilizations to come, but that's Earth. Air, food, land, and water come at much less risk and are more plentiful here.

For a modern day reference, look at the receipts of American deployment in the middle East and Afghanistan or the cost of launching, manning, and maintenance of the ISS. Those are just the figures for hauling people and equipment around the world and in low earth orbit. Can't scale similar costs up to outer space with today's demand for those services.

One cannot expect a SpaceX Mayflower to start an independent, self-sufficient, economically sound or attractive human presence anywhere in the solar system farther than the Moon, any time in the third millennium AD.

I assume you are above those trivialities. Good on you, murderbot.

what is the logic behind this kind of argument
where is money supposed to flow to?

the money being spent is money being paid to someone to do part of a job, so they can feed their families
the factory worker gets to make a dozen springs for $12000 each which sustains a bunch of the jobs at the plant for a few months, so they can make cheaper parts for cheaper manufacturers to provide cheaper goods to cheaper regions

I'm backing white straight males and females. I'm not backing shitskin pajeet filthy non-cis scum.

Funding has never been an issue in places that need more food and water

logistics and dissidents is

for every starving country, there's a dozen warlords that thrive off of the food, funds and war that takes place IN said countries.

Everyone is either missing my point, or I didn't make it clear. I think I should have been clearer.

All I meant is people want those things, and they are readily available and affordable here. Maintenance and development is more meaningful here. It costs orders of magnitude more to simulate even Earth's most basic gifts outside its thin shroud of air.

No one wants to pay a fortune to stay on a scorched surface with fragile life support, low gravity, and a very expensive rent. The smart money is on Earth and it's betterment, not on leaving. This will be true for many generations to come because the technology that makes space as affordable homely as Earth is that far out of reach. No one will buy until then.

Stamos just wants to put Amazon on moon and when we make settlements, we will have to buy from him. He wants to be the richest guy on Earth and the moon.

>backing the guy with inferior testosterone production

both have much lower IQs than their retarded fanboys believe

Whichever one can blast me into the Sun quicker.

>not backing Swole Jeff

Attached: swole_jeff.jpg (306x456, 28K)