Appropriate Times to KMS: A Survey

>be me
>be computer programmer
>looking for new job
>do online coding interviews
>interview sites want everything done manually
>no higher level cheats like algorithms.sorting.bubble_sort()
>must have excessive documentation, b/c most plebs can't be trusted to write intuitive, concise functions
>i do the coding interviews
>write clean code
>get knocked by interviewers for not "showing [I] really know how bubble sort works" and for not writing comments
>see correct solution and it's regex
>fuck regex
>whatever, I guess I'll keep trying
>Part 2: The Disappointment
>find new job opportunity
>a place I actually want to work
>see all of my skills being used there in harmony for the greater good
>self_transcendence.jpg
>do the coding interview
>write big, stupid documentation
>use regex
>send in my resume and cover letter that I stayed up until 4am making
>feel good about it. can't wait.
>get email back from company
>"Unfortunately, your programming skills are not a good fit for this position."
>says my programming skills are not good enough
>says I use too much documentation
>says regex was a subpar solution
>the correct solutions were my original ones
>I email the company back saying thanks for their input

I'm so frustrated with myself, guys.

Attached: SadKeanu.jpg (1280x720, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Whats-the-logic-behind-Google-rejecting-Max-Howell-the-author-of-Homebrew-for-not-being-able-to-invert-a-binary-tree
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Try explaining your situation to this company, or sending in a resume again later doing it the 'right' way

Thanks. I did send back an email saying as much, but it's possible I will come off as making excuses for myself. I may reapply later this year.

On its own, the situation is fine, and kind of comical. In the bigger picture, I always seem to do X when I should have done Y.

nobody here is your friend and nobody cares if you kill yourself. go blogpost on tumblr

Despite programming for work, I have never used bubblesor or any of the other algorithms taught alongside it since class 17 years ago. Is it really this common for employers to ask these things?

Exactly. That's what makes this worse. Yes, it is common.

Try again, user. A good programmer is something every company wants.

You did not fail at programming. You only failed at showcasing your skills. Keep trying!

Who the fuck makes you use bubble sort? It's retarded for any array larger than four elements.

Bubble sort is literally only used for teaching purposes because its the most intuitive of the sorting algorithms. It is totally worthless otherwise

Yeah I feel the same way. These algorithms and code puzzlers are soul crushing boring and have nothing to do with reality.

Are you kidding, I don't even remember how to use bubble sort cause selection sort is so much goddamn better and more intuitive.

Attached: spes.jpg (1200x900, 92K)

>>fuck regex
Stopped reading right here. Fuck YOU.

Bubble sort is fine for fixed size two element arrays. :^)

I don't actually hate regex. I'm just being resentful.

On the Homebrew author's application rejection from Google
>But ultimately, should Google have hired me? Yes, absolutely yes. I am often a dick, I am often difficult, I often don’t know computer science, but. BUT. I make really good things, maybe they aren't perfect, but people really like them. Surely, surely Google could have used that.

quora.com/Whats-the-logic-behind-Google-rejecting-Max-Howell-the-author-of-Homebrew-for-not-being-able-to-invert-a-binary-tree

>Invert a binary tree
This seems like a pretty stupid thing to do. Why not just change the way the tree is interpreted. For example just visit left node before right if a static boolean is flipped on. Seems a whole lot more efficient than flipping the whole tree for no gain at all.

Your suggesting that I should kill myself makes me not want to kill myself as much. The bamboozle is on you.

Thanks I can always appreciate a good bamboozler even if it was created by a little retarded kid.

Tech interviews seem like the blind leading the blind. Companies that give you a project to take home and work on for two weeks are smarter. If you want me to prove I can do something, give me THAT THING to do.

>no higher level cheats
>solution is regex
Isn't regex just a higher level cheat to create a ton of loops and comparisons for you?

It's pants on head retarded that you have to solve problems to get to an interview and then do some whiteboard fucking shit just for your interview to fail when normie-MBA-roastie HR asks some shit like "so why do you think you would fit our organization" and detects that you're abnormal.

bitch you want me to WORK HARD just to get the opportunity of spending 10 hours of my life every day making money for the CEO until I'm fucking 75? The tech industry is the biggest fuckign cancer there is. I just want to do my emulation projects and other fun stuff

No

>just for your interview to fail when normie-MBA-roastie HR asks some shit like "so why do you think you would fit our organization"
Too real

Attached: sound_of_silence.jpg (800x450, 20K)

Why would you even need regex for that? I feel like figuring out the regex would take longer than writing the simple code for a sort

The most intuitive is by far selection sort. Ask anyone who isn't in CS to sort a list of numbers and they'll start using selection sort.

the economy is doing great. everything is fine. vote trump again in 2020.