Why?

Why do major companies keep pushing useless tech that's guaranteed to fail?
>3D
>VR
>AR
>AI
>Hologram
Just to name a few.

Are people really so desperate for sci-fi tech that companies can push out half assed attempts and still make enough profit to jump on the next bandwagon?

Attached: image.jpg (1402x1628, 384K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w76lNhqiaCw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Why do major companies keep pushing useless tech that's guaranteed to fail?
maybe because you post niggers.

>AI
AI isn't going to fail, it's the only way YouTube stays running

>that's guaranteed to fail?
You never know. It's a hit or miss, if it hits, companies want monopoly in that market.

VR has had the longest early adoption period it has ever had that extends well beyond the 80s and 90s versions of VR.

It’s here to stay.

3D monitors may have failed, but demand for 3D movies hasn’t gone away.

AI is working just fine. Neural networking is absurdly powerful and synthesis AI continues to improve. The only failures have been when we expose AI to human social interaction.

>3D monitors may have failed, but demand for 3D movies hasn’t gone away.
Might want to look into that..

Attached: 3d-film-chart__140203201938.png (769x481, 32K)

because you know what else was / is "useless, sci-fi tech?"

the iPhone

CGI films are comfy in 3D.

>3D
3D itself branches to most of the listed below, not sure what you mean by 3D itself.
Movies? Cool shit for kids. Those 3D images in their workbooks? They enjoy them when they are below 7.

>VR
Everything they did with it was a miss. I just can't see it as a gaming platform but more of a learning platform.
Simulations of atmosphere, anatomy, machines etc. Games mostly get kids aroused and I guess that's somewhat OK.

>AR
This is the shit if you ask me. It's accessible as most people have a smartphone nowadays. Restaurants could probably use them, cafes or w/e.
Also, kids love it.

>AI
I believe it is kind of the future for data processing and moderation of some sort. Forums, social networks, media platforms... Could be applied in security as well. Kids don't give a fuck.

>Hologram
Would be cool to have these accessible. At the moment, it's at shit tier but I believe it will be really cool once something good arrives on the market.

And by "kids" I literally mean kids. Parents buy shit for kids and kids save money to buy shit.

>Wuaa why do companies invest in products i dont care about wuaaa
You are nost just a retard, but a narcisstic one at that

Are you okay user?

all of these apart from AI have the potential to make a lot of money from children.
AI seems genuinely like it will be useful for anything involving massive processing of data

tfw no gf

Attached: rippepe.png (285x276, 54K)

>posting disgusting niggers
Fuck off and never come back.
>not sage-ing niggerposters
Fuck off and never come back.

Not really

>AR

AR is already awesome in some applications its just not affordable and in everyones pocket yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=w76lNhqiaCw

Yeah, as much as any of those things OP mentioned, it was. You look back now and say no because it made Apple what they are today, but it was. And all it really still does now is let women post selfies on ig.

>AI
>guaranteed to fail

It's the only one that useful for human.

Useful doesn't mean successful.

"3D" is a gimmick, AR will be mainstream at some point, VR might become more popular, AI is getting closer to mainstream and hologram technology doesn't exist in any viable way yet.

God, this kind reminds me of fuckin Walmart. Walmart is always looking to adding useless shit. At one point they talked about using drones in story to fly around and to scan items. Now it's a robot that scoots around and scan for items that are out. They want to do all this retarded shit to "help" the business and customers. But the problem is hiring half ass workers and having managers that are burnt out. Plus their in store networks, computers, and their other tech shit is out of date and doesn't want to work half the time. Oh, and shitty customers that steal the handhelds, break shit such as the price checking terminals.

If the iPhone didn't came out, the first android phone was going to be different. The first android phone that google was working on and planning to release was preatty much a blackberry with a different os.