THANK YOU BASED APPLE

macrumors.com/2018/05/29/pegatron-to-make-arm-based-apple-macbook/

THANK YOU BASED APPLE

Attached: MacBook-Air-800x225.jpg (800x225, 21K)

>not risc-v

wow, such 1980.

>mfw hackintoshing an SBC

Attached: 1476473908346.png (432x504, 125K)

>why are they using an architecture that has less software instead of using one that has none?

Apple could pull it off. They've got multiple major architecture switches under their belt.

As shitty as Apple can be you have to remember it was because of them we got wide adoption of high rez screens and type C as an universal connector which is ultimate good when everyone will catch up to it (and also no headphone jack). If they can put ARM processor into the macbook we will finally see use of a new architecture on a laptop by big corporation so everyone else will start to slowly optimise their shit to go away from billion years old shit we have now.

I'm interested in this, I hope they'll do it

Oh, no. Here come the shills with Geekbench scores claiming it's better than any x86_64 CPU.

Is Tim Cook going to make the $500 Macbook that Steve said he couldn't make?

Even better, we'll have software that proves it isn't.

>high res screen
waste of battery though witu minimal gain

Nah, more like $800.

We're getting there.
Give it another five years.

>somebody gets desktop linux to run on ARM
>no one cares

>microsoft gets ARM version of windows with full x86 emulation/compatibility to run on SD835 devices with actual hardware available to purchase within a month
>a few people clap

>some no source rumor states apple will copy linux/ms and also make their desktop os for ARM some several years in the future
>mactoddler pajeets shit their streets and claim it will be the second coming of christ

Attached: 1524219223173.jpg (429x245, 19K)

Are you a retarded faggot?

Windows on ARM is 32bit only and emulation performance is much worse than running on Gemini Lake

Very little software is written in ASM today, and they would need to recompile it for the ARM version of MacOS anyway.

>HD+ is minimal gain
Go back to your shitty CRT thread you boomer.

my laptop has more dpi than macbooks though
also crts consume more power regardless are you retarded?

Are you a retarded faggot?

Macshit with 7700HQs already struggle vs 6600Us on normal laptops. Stepping down to ARMshit will tank their performance even harder.

>t. street shitting mactoddler pajeet

how can mactoddlers be pajeet if almost all apple users are white,unlike windows?

I'm pretty sure Apple sells more in the Asian continent than what it sells to whites.

Apple's market share in North America is 50% while in Asia its less than 10.

Guess which one of those would simply just work.

Now take population sizes into account

I said whites, not NA.

>Muh geekbench

This sounds kinda interesting, but I doubt the price will be reasonable because apple is still stuck in the delusion that tablets are good work devices, and wouldn't want to kill off that sector.

>Pegatron
How many dead chinks per laptop?

Most North Americans are white.
Even by that logic, Apples customers are still CONSIDERABLY more White when Android/Windows market share in Asia is well into the high 90s.

Neither. Windows update will fuck up the system but can be replaced with debian, whereas macshit just explodes and kills the user.

> Most North Americans are white.
ell-oh-ell
> Even by that logic, Apples customers are still CONSIDERABLY more White when Android/Windows market share in Asia is well into the high 90s.
At least in Japan, iPhones dominate. The Chinese market is also huge enough that Apple didn't back out when the government asked for data and backdoors.

most North Americans ARE white. America is 71% white. Canada is like what, 60%? 90?

>almost all apple users are white
>Apples customers are still CONSIDERABLY more White
Nice job moving the goalposts, Amerimutt.

That's if you use the retarded CIA definition of North America. Also, consider that most Apple buyers in the US are indeed not white. Arguing with the European numbers is a better bet but I'm far too lazy to look that up.

>Most Apply buyers in the US are indeed not white
Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Consider that they're popular amongst blacks and chicanos that try to pretend they're not low class. Also consider the demographics of soipeople a-la huffpost

Most Soiyents are wh*ite,
But your entire post is just projection, user.

based PegaAsusTron

>forgets windows RT
>has a desktop but you can't run anything
>not confusing
>why don't consumers love it!

>my laptop has more dpi than macbooks though
yeah because of apple ya twank

and i still claim its unnecessary waste of battery whats your point?

He said facts, not your personal biases

no im saying that because YOU missed my point, battery life is not relevant to the discussion.

>battery life not relevant to the discussion of mobile devices