Are you ready for the ARMening?

Are you ready for the ARMening?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 9.28.43 AM.png (1716x1508, 1.76M)

imagine the minimalism apple users can achieve using a 3mhz cpu

wow

this changes everything

one (less) more thing

>mac
>2018

really? Didn't every single disaster of the last 3 years teach people yet?

>having §oyband OS in your laptop

Apple is shipping 7nm processors this year while Intel is delaying 10nm to 2019 and beyond and hasn't shipped a single new architecture since 2016.

i r r e l e v a n t

p o i n t

>Apple is shipping 7nm processors
didn't know apple became a cpu manufacturer

Not irrelevant to Applel's marketing and therefor to soiboys who fall for it

Made by TSMC of course.

>somebody gets desktop linux to run on ARM
>no one cares

>microsoft gets ARM version of windows with full x86 emulation/compatibility to run on SD835 devices with actual hardware available to purchase within a month
>a few people clap

>some no source rumor states apple will copy linux/ms and also make their desktop os for ARM some several years in the future
>mactoddler pajeets shit their streets and claim it will be the second coming of christ

Attached: 1526958977573.jpg (250x250, 6K)

That's because nobody uses linux and 99% of windows machines are enterprise that will never switch from x86 because they need to be able to run the software they wrote back in 1985 for windows 1.0. Five years from now intel will be a purely enterprise hardware supplier, AMD will be dead, and everything else will be ARM. Screenshot this.

imagine being so much wrong in so few words

>Mactoddlers will be paying 2000$ for Banana Pi performance and praise Applel for it
I can't wait

Attached: golden lel.jpg (900x900, 114K)

I wont buy it buy it but if there is a push for arm laptops that would be neat.

>remember when we put mobile components in a desktop?
>yeah, well, you are not going to believe what we are going to do next!

Attached: TruthHurts.jpg (1422x535, 240K)

The Mac is onions.

Attached: 74fa101c-4ed8-4de8-b03f-7f7d522adaee.jpg (848x686, 190K)

i just fucking died off laughter

>LTE
Imagine being permanently connected to the botnet, even after you've turned off your device.

>a machine can operate when not turned on
is this what the idiots on this board believe?

>touchscreen
>macOS
I bought a Mac to get away from touchscreens and still have a usable OS. If Crapple does this shit, mark my words, I will go full autistic FOSSfag and never use proprietary garbage again. I cannot fucking stand this “touchscreen on a desktop/laptop” trash that has been plaguing devices for years now. Just make a good fucking trackpad, goddamn. Apple got THAT right and now they wanna move to touch too? Just zero sense.

Attached: 536F7756-B94F-471B-9156-E20E635E53F8.jpg (897x767, 81K)

I'm counting on you

Attached: Screenshot (45).png (1920x1080, 290K)

>my fruitshit botnet is not a botnet!
Is this what mactoddler troglodytes actually believe?

Attached: _20180529_072058.jpg (1080x1697, 248K)

>15% drain while shutdown
B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T

>battery drain implies participation in a distributed autonomous botnet
people on this board are truly retarded it seems

>t. triggered applel users.

Those tiny burgers boil my blood. Because they're fucking delicious but you're never served enough of them. You'd need like, eight of those to have a full-sized meal.

Then again I guess "delicious but insubstantial" is a good way to think about macs

Do MacBooks not have touchscreens yet? I thought that was standard now

They have touch"""bars""". Real touchscreens will be another $500 plus taxes plus tip.

>IMAGINE LOOKING AT COMPUTERS

>You'd need like, eight of those to have a full-sized meal.

Attached: amerimutt speaks blue.jpg (422x308, 35K)

What's wrong with this OS that you totally use?

Oh yeah, I forget. Brits live on tea and vinegar.

>Oh yeah, I forget. Brits live on tea and vinegar.

Attached: mutt speaks.png (534x363, 91K)

And crumpets, don't forget the crumpets.

I'm suprised they're going this route instead of AMD APU's. Apple loves the idea of GPU accelerated everything and the possibility to have all those cheap cores with vega and maybe even HBM(if they went kaby lake g) would really set their laptops apart. I would buy a kaby lake g or amd apu macbook pro in a heart beat.
The idea of moving their ultraportable stuff like the macbook air(update the screen u fucks) and the macbook over to arm makes sense for battery reasons. Especially now on 7nm, the snapdragon 820 was enough for web browsing I imagine a chip nearly twice as fast would be awesome.
Either way I feel like Apple is not doing the mac justice, missing tons of awesome opportunities, refreshing models way too slow for such a rich company, etc.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: Mysterious Merchant.gif (452x523, 4K)

>Apple loves the idea of GPU accelerated everything
they love muh thinness even more, and a half-watt CPU, which only ARM can give you, lets them remove that much more battery and heatsinking. Yeah, sure, it'll be dogshit slow, but Apple seems to have figured out that speed doesn't sell computers to normies anymore, fashion does.

>i would buy macshit
You deserve every assfucking you get lmao.

I cannot disagree. If I had any input on the matter I would keep the four model thing they have going on now and do this
MacBook -> ARM, god tier panel, as thin as possible
MacBook Air -> 15w intel cpu 13.3" 1080p panel, low ram options, try to go fanless
MacBook Pro 13 -> Kaby Lake G, keep the rest of the shit
MacBook Pro 15 -> Kaby Lake G or coffee lake+dgpu option

They will just use some part of the chassis as a heatsink, connecting it to the chip with a thermal pad. Ideal for muh thinness.

>>I'm suprised they're going this route instead of AMD APU's

look at this fucking guy looking into the future and shit

>i want a babby toy company to make good computers!
kek

>I'm an autistic Apple hater who is desperate to make a point because I have no arguments

This.

They used to. I owned a macbook once back in 2007. At this point in time it was OS X Tiger vs XP which was laughable, tiger was a better experience in every way. They also had the awesome trackpad, removable battery, easy hdd and ram access, only laptop with a webcam, magsafe, came with an IR remote.
Back then it made sense as it was the best laptop available and at that point it even offered a windows experience better than windows laptops because of the one click install all your drivers shit via bootcamp.
I know in all likelyhood it'll be impossible to ever justify a mac purchase again but it would be nice if they got their shit together.
The good news is that PC laptops are getting way better lately.

how do you know an americunt is lurking? don't worry they will talk about fast food

>>somebody gets desktop linux to run on ARM
>>no one cares
Idk man, the pi was pretty big.

>>I'm an autistic soiboi Apple worshiper who is desperate to make a point because I have no arguments

Attached: 1524219223173.jpg (429x245, 19K)

>tfw no snapdragon 8xx linux laptops
>all of the ones with windows stock are/will be locked down
it hurts

Lol this fag is so mad

Why would they do that when they already make laptops with their own mobile processor?

imagine being at computers

It's mostly mobile style components already they might as well stop pretending, and use the same board that they use for a IPhone in a bigger case while jacking up the price. All the new airs could be that wat, they'll still buy it.
Posted from my arm device running windows during lunchtime after I'll write non-arm targeted c#.
As long as it has available power battery/grid many processors constantly run a smaller section and have full access to the rest of the computer. This has been widely known for awhile.

>PCfags = onionbois confimed

after having a toshiba chromebook 2 I would never buy a laptop that doesn't have an ARM processor or any moving parts inside. having a perfectly quiet laptop is heaven.

>Apple user calling someone a fag
Classic projecting

Linux on ARM is a trashfire. ARM in general is complete dogshit.

Better than being a soiboi lmao

still more than enough for the fags that only use it to browse social medias

Apple is trying to merge the desktop and phone/tablet platforms.

Attached: Da6g2fMU8AE0mSp.jpglarge.jpg (805x1046, 115K)

that food looks like its made of plastic

so... they're going to build android tablets?

IMAGINE BEING AT COMPUTERS

5 iPhones from now. We're going to have the iLaptopPhoneMac. One device you plug into a keyboard and screen. Boom, laptop, and then plug it into a bigger screen and keyboard. It's an iMac.

t h e
f u t u r e

Attached: 46a.png (645x729, 97K)

It's like that Ubuntu """smartphone""" that was demonstrated some years ago.
Aples will no doubt steal that idea and take credit for it.

iOS is already baby MacOS. Don't talk about your failed products on my board :)

Attached: ubuntu-android-2.jpg (1142x726, 362K)

You can already do that without the hardware requirement , and Windows Phone did that first.

I would love to have an arm laptop

that steak looks like a turd

>unity

Attached: image.jpg (213x237, 29K)

iOS has been fully compatible with MacOS down to shared messaging for over a decade, without the need to dock your phone.

So you could plug it into a screen and keyboard, and use it as a normal computer?

This.

Attached: ultrasoy.jpg (2592x1944, 1.13M)

There is no need if both platforms are functionally identical. Docking your phone and using it as a PC is fucking stupid because you are then subject to the stupidly weak specs of phones.

>Implying the Macbook doesn't have weak specs

not as weak as a cellphone

Wasn't there an infograph of rendering times on several laptops, a Samsung s8, and a Macbook?
I would post it but I'm on mobile

If its anything like that one video where they opened a bunch of backround-running apps on Android phones and freshly opening the same app on an iPhone to give the illusion of a 5 second speed difference, I'll pass.

Why do you feel the need to lie iToddler? iPhones are fucking shit. They have to reload apps because they can't even hold more than 3 apps in RAM because Apple cheaped out on RAM and still bumped up the price to make more profit off you gullible morons. You got scammed, deal with it you loser virgin. LMAO

>he thinks I own Apple products
No I just hate this childish shitposting that ruins Jow Forums. Benchmarks are memed out the ass and you know it

>real world app performance tests that reveal the truth about my shitPhone are fake!!11
Ok iToddler.

>iPhones can't run backround apps
This isnt 2007, millennial.

>>iPhones can't run backround apps
How will iCucks ever recover?

>>iPhones can't run backround apps
They can, but only 2 before they run out of RAM and have to reload everything. Enjoy being cucked by Apple retard.

>1080p panel
They would use 1920x1200 since apple almost never uses 16:9 displays

Linux would be foot fungus in that pic.

>The Told’ening, 2018
Ready your butts, Jow Forums.

16:9 sucks

/thread

This.

Attached: arm.jpg (1170x1246, 364K)

Dude, Linux has always been compatible with ARM, how does Android work?

>touchscreen MacBook

Never going to happen.

>Mac
>pajeets

What? Apple has been involved with ARM way before any mainstream Winshit or Loonix offerings ran on an ARM processor. Maybe you're too young to remember.

Attached: india stats.jpg (1340x297, 97K)

Wasn't someone busy trying to port Linux to the A5000 back in the mid 90's?

Or are you too young to remember?

>>>mainstream

Why do non-English speakers bother coming here? Don't come on a mainly text website if you can't read.

I’m pretty sure he meant like standard desktop distros and applications, not the kernel

basedboy

wait I fucked up, Տoy? I guess there's no way to filter this

It would be interesting if they had built in support for every Intel x86 and x64 Mac application to date via emulation, for example virtual box, etc. But let's be honest this they won't so it will fail... They could all of this with some really good development and some fpgas and a handful of arm processor, but nobody thinks that big. Same reason almost every nes game system clone sucks.