Are gaming laptops reliable these days or do they still overheat easy as fuck?

Are gaming laptops reliable these days or do they still overheat easy as fuck?

>Thinking about buying my friends with i5-7200u, GTX1050ti, 16GB RAM and 256GB SSD for £400

I travel quite a bit for work so a desktop is a waste for me

Attached: C652D9B6-6295-4364-BD1F-8A78A3FE4B87.jpg (1286x1000, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nJYDC0lMoJ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>he still plays games

Attached: 1527542666786.webm (400x400, 1.94M)

>Buying a low end gaming laptop

If you’re gonna do it, get at least a GTX1060 6GB version, that way it’ll last you 2 years before you need to drop the graphics down to medium/low.

Also don’t go for anything below 1000 series

That's a pretty sweet deal.

Still overheat as fuck. Especially that model.

This. Try find one that has sufficient cooling.
I have a GTX1060 MSI and under stress it hits 60-70C. But if I’m playing at my desk I sit it on a cooling stand at it usually sticks around the 60C area which is pretty good for a mobile GPU.

Or you can wait for the next series of cards cause they’ll probably be 50C at load and rape the 1060 performance wise

Undervolt the cpu a bit and you're good to go.

Either do or buy a used workstation laptop that has an MXM card and retrofit it with newer graphics.

i have this one only whit i7 ,1060 6gb, it works ok.
but I mostly use Gnu/Linux lightweight distro lubuntu. 16GB ram is not a meme when working whit android studio

14nm shit yes they all thermal throttling crap wait till 7nm matures a bit of you want to keep it long term 2020+ until then get a cheap pre built desktop

>muh bing bing wahoos

>Lenovo
>Sweet deal
Gimme laptop
I promise not to put gentoo on it

Best gaming laptops nowadays don't even look like your pic anymore.
youtube.com/watch?v=nJYDC0lMoJ8

Also you can just buy a dell XPS with a decent CPU / GPU combo and call it a gamer notebook.

1. Grow the fuck up
2. Buy a Macbook Pro

I smell normie

Don't buy a gaming laptop, literally contradicts the point of having a laptop.
Gaming laptops overheat as fuck and they are have and bulky, contradicting the point of having a laptop.
Is the biggest mistake that I ever made.
Just buy a gaming desktop and a laptop, or buy a laptop and a playstation or something like that.
You'll regret it op.

>Buy a Macbook Pro
And stick it up your ass

As a guy who owns a gaming laptop
I agree...

But I can play Fallout 4
My autism is slightly satisfied
>I miss you fallout 3

You're going to get what you're buying, a mid tier laptop that can run most modern games on low settings.

>T.lenovo y700 17 inch version user.

Try Ideapad 720s. If you just want specs, sure, go for that gaming laptop, but if you want a good metal body and good battery life, good display, get a "business laptop" with a dedicated GPU

I did this. Bought a Yoga 510 a few years ago, i7, 8GB, r5 m430. Thought I’d at least be able to play low at 720p. I was wrong.

>R5 M430
That's where you fucked up. I have the Ideapad 720s with 1050Ti and it can run Witcher 3, GTA 5 and others no problem.

>Tells people to grow up
>Posts mid-afternoon on Jow Forums
Get a load of this delusional faggot.

ever heard about time zones?

>Tells people to grow up
>Posts on Jow Forums at all
Scenario stands faggot.

Attached: 1305523587250.png (528x434, 15K)

>the typical gamer

>I travel quite a bit for work so a desktop is a waste for me
>travel

Look for keywords next time.

At that price you might as well pick up a respectable looking gaming laptop with a 1060

>Gaming laptop
>U series i5
I mean it's a great deal for 400 provided it's in good condition, but still, 15W chip man.

Do these kind of workstation laptops actually exist?

Which price? I got mine for $800 and Ideapad 720s has a metal body and great display. Can't find that in gaming laptops at that price range...

Oh I’m bong, they go for £750 here. Literally the price of some mid range gaming laptops

Even at 750 pounds I recommend it cause of metal body and display.

You're making my point. From my experience walking around with a heavy as fuck "laptop" is fucking painful and then when I wanted to play the computer has overheating problems.
Imo buying gaming laptops are a waste of money because you don't have a decent laptop neither a good gaming pc.
Gaming pcs are like ducks, they can swim and walk but suck at booth.

Are you retarded? My HD8750M stop still plays a lot of games on low and my m18x Alienware with a 6970m still runs games at FHD on low.

>Macbook Pro
No, I am not homoseks

There's loads of GTX1060 laptops below 2.5kg these days. Times are changing.

just like with desktop pc's, you won't be able to build a long term reliable one under 1k.

>he is too illiteral to spend 10 seconds to crop out the useless bars

>illiteral

Attached: 1313221614140.jpg (492x461, 35K)

Gaming laptops are unironically more reliable than most laptops and even business laptops. Once you get past the edgy marketing, you can find ones that use high quality Japanese and Taiwanese components like solid capacitors, VRMs, and MOSFETs unlike the chinkshit trash you would find in Macbooks. Shame about the ugly cases in most models though.

>What is Eurocom

Attached: cvbbmwwe4rzz.png (403x448, 53K)

boy howdy do I love sour grapes. "If I can't have it, it sucks!"

>anything apple

Attached: 654254.jpg (680x638, 68K)

>garbage dual core cpu plus 1050ti
Just throw it in the trash

>appletoddler banned
lmao