Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/intel-cpu-10nm-earnings-amd,36967.html
semiaccurate.com/2018/05/29/is-intels-upcoming-10nm-launch-real-or-a-pr-stunt/
intel.com/content/www/us/en/security-center/advisory/intel-sa-00115.html
pharr.org/matt/blog/2018/04/23/ispc-volta-users-and-ooo.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>720p

OH NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Attached: 1505147990486.jpg (329x329, 57K)

these are for making sure the GPU isn't the bottleneck here, and it proves that it isn't at all.

Attached: intelHQ.png (1196x676, 1.05M)

Given that they're both 6c/12t, I'm guessing it comes to cache size, specifically L3. The ryzen5-2600 has almost double that of an i7-7800x.

>7800X + mobo: $600
>2600 + mobo: $270
AHAHAHA AHA

Attached: Amada!.png (705x703, 207K)

Gaming benchmarks don't matter

big if true...

OH NO

NONONONO

Attached: 38748712.png (200x254, 102K)

All this coping

That video was nothing but a cash grab. Clearly the 8700K should have been included.
That said, looking forward to Zen2 shitting all over Intel.

I have a 8700k @ 5GHz
I've had it for the past half year.
Why should I care?

No benchmarks matter, goy. Just trust our brand, we offer fast and secure CPUs since 1969.

>intel
always money well spent.

>Why should I care?

Attached: intlel.jpg (1200x800, 148K)

I don't think you should. I think you should be happy with your purchase and I hope it serves you well.

I was going to go for an upgrade to Zen+ this year, but some house repairs put me back by a few Ks. Guess I'll just wait for Zen2.

7800x isnt a gaming cpu, its also old and a dead product line because it sucks and no one bought it.

Attached: perfdollar.png (500x970, 53K)

>Look guys I don't care at all. Really guys believe me.

its not a fair comparison
now test the ryzen 2600 with 2400Mhz RAM

the 3400 is not fair?

2400 vs 2933 is not fair

>Intel beats Ryzen in 1080p
LMAO AMDRONES BTFO 1080P GAMING IS ALL THAT MATTERS
>Ryzen beats Intel in 720p
l-low res b-benchmarks d-don't m-m-matter

The absolute state of intel fanboys.

yeah, but why do you look at 2400 vs 2933. both cpus are throttling. why would you want to see a throttled scenario? isn't this the purpose of going down to 720p?
Also this is ddr4, not ddr3. My kavery runs on 2400. What are you going to accomplish on a 2400 case? that the AMD throttles more and intel is on top?
Why don't you say it loud and clear.. you want to see the one case where ryzen is not performing well just so to make a point. What's most possible to happen when someone buys ram for such cpus? Is he going for the 2400 or the 3400? Is this even close to a real build with the 2400?

I just want a fair comparison

Yes it is fair.
Fuck of you God damn marketing shill we are so fucking sick of your PR department bullshit.

Intel is fucking finished end of story. With any luck Nvidia will finish you faggots off by dropping 10 and 7 nm cpus into the market next year to compete with AMD and ARM.

Fuck you.

>I don't need it

Attached: loser.png (1093x779, 408K)

Zen2 is supposed to have hardware fixes for some of these recently exposed vulnerabilities.

Exactly this. See

nvidia doesnt have the capacity to produce x86 processors. intel and amd own all the useful patents and technologies

what i want to see is for intel is to pull its head out of its ass instead of shitting out subpar product lines in utter fear

Is that not why they hired Jim Keller?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1524149572970.png (992x1043, 614K)

let me say that again.
You want a fair comparison in a throttled scenario that affects your favourite cpu the most?
Isn't 3400 fair and a more realistic scenario?

>cpu the most
cpu the least*

Here you go. The 8400 will have the same issue. Intel does not really benefit much from higher DDR4 RAM speeds as nuch as AMD's Ryzen does.

Attached: Google_Translate_-_2018-05-16_22.15.56.png (674x572, 47K)

>800x600benchmarks.png

10nm is delayed until 2019 at the latest. 7nm is already in production by GF and TSMC. Zen 2 would be out by then. The really interesting thing is, Intel's launch on the 10nm processor could be a PR stunt, a desperate attempt to save (((their))) stock price from crashing. Worst of all, the new Spectre vulnerabilities (Variant 4) were revealed by Intel last week.

tomshardware.com/news/intel-cpu-10nm-earnings-amd,36967.html
semiaccurate.com/2018/05/29/is-intels-upcoming-10nm-launch-real-or-a-pr-stunt/
intel.com/content/www/us/en/security-center/advisory/intel-sa-00115.html

How will Brian JUSTnich ever recover from this mess?

Attached: Forbes_JUST100Cover_December2017-793x1024.jpg (793x1024, 153K)

NOOOOO INTEL BROS

Attached: intel delid.png (682x792, 339K)

Intel is done for sure

Thanks based Lisa Su (AMD CEO)

Attached: based AMD CEO.jpg (700x565, 73K)

>222% pricier hardware performs worse
>even on 720p
ayy lmao

Also possible that the mesh interconnect vs infinity fabric is playing a roll. Games are really sensitive to inter-core latency, as shown by infinity fabric vs ring-bus

Yep Ryzen is better than Sky Lake X for gayman because it's mesh interconnects lead to a regression in gaming performance. The 8700k would outperform the 7800x at a lower clock even.
144 or 240hz? high clocked intel fastest ddr4 you can afford
literally any other use case? ryzen

STOOOOOP
IT ISN'T REAL

Attached: 1527629777156.jpg (679x758, 52K)

>it's okay when intel does it
Hi brian.

Seriously, even the most hardcore Intel fanboy should be glad about this. Competition is good for customers.

See how the numbers aren't that different from the 1080p test? It's purely to avoid GPU bottlenecking.

>it's only ok if AMD loses in 720p
Thank you God for putting me in the best time line. I never thought I'd see this day, I shilled hard for Ryzen but they actually did it, the absolute madmen. Intel is unironically and unmemely kill.

>Intel is unironically and unmemely kill.

Let's be realistic here. It probably won't even be enough to trigger another K8 vs NetBurst situation. Remember how Athlon 64 shat all over the Pentium 4? Yet people still bought Intel because of Intels hyperagressive marketing and clever merchantry.

>Computer Base
opinion discarded

How will the Intel shills on /pcbg/ ever recover?

Attached: 1520006924192.jpg (1024x609, 334K)

It wasn't the intel shills who hijacked /pcbg/ last year and defaced OP until called out on their bullshit.

It's in decent hands now but some turboshill is chimping out about it for 5 hours every single day since ryzen 2 launch.

Nope, H2 2019 ramp means 2020 product line launches for desktop

They're going to launch another 14nm lake vs Ryzen 3

>loyalty to a brand
kek. Just get whatever performs best. It's not even that expensive compared to other hobbies (e.g. car mods). $500 every few years is nothing, and if you disagree then you have no business spending on luxury goods.

>rajakesh shekelstein intlel shill
Saved

They could have waited couple months with leaks/announcements. Now I have buyer's remorse for getting 2600x.
Tech is moving to fast.

At least GPUs aren't outdated every 6 months like it used to be.

Not 5ghz and 4000C16.

So does AMD have higher IPC now or something?

does anyone have similar graphs for the 8700K?

kek 4560 tf??

Attached: 1527225279176.gif (640x427, 1.84M)

Is it worth it to switch to amd 2700 from an i7 6700 @4.2ghz?

I only have 2133 RAM. I may be able to bring the RAM speed up to 2400.

I do play a lot of GTA online. I do a lot if multitazking, playing two games at once while streaming video.

Go back to faggot

The G4560 is like 50 dollars and nets you like 80% of the performance, lmao. You could probably get similar numbers if AMD sold their new Athlon series retail.

For what it matters in real world applications, no. AMD is still behind by 3-7% clock-for-clock after latest AGESA compared to Coffee-Lake and a little further behind (~10%) to Skylake-X. IPC is not very meaningful here. Theoretically AMD's design is wider (4 ALU, 2 AGU, very balanced), has higher fetch bandwidth, has a larger uop cache (6 uops) and can compress a compares and conditional jumps into a single uop - basically it means two things, unlike Intel's processors, Ryzen is less likely to be fetch bottlenecked and its SMT can have the opportunity to extract more ILP, hence why Zen's SMT works way better. Nonetheless, most applications in use today are still not completely optimized for Zen unlike for Intel, and also Zen tends not to be bottlenecked by pure "IPC" but its L3 and RAM latency, upheld completely by data fabric speeds, hence why Zen performance tanks if you use lower speed RAM, slowing IF.

tl;dr: yes, AMD's design is better. no, AMD's design is not faster, yet.

>Intel CPUs are at really good at running terrible code. That’s a funny thing to write, but I mean that as a high complement; I think it’s one of their real competitive advantages. It’s easier to build a processor that runs perfect and regular code highly efficiently than it is to build one that runs whatever crap is thrown at it decently well—virtual function calls, cache-unfriendly code, branchy code, etc. I think one of Intel’s great talents has been to deliver on running all that stuff well—much better than the competition.

pharr.org/matt/blog/2018/04/23/ispc-volta-users-and-ooo.html

I've been saying this for a while, but Intel really has done a good job of making pajeetcode run good on their CPU, I guess that's the advantage of using the same arch for a decade.

However AMD isn't really standing still, the entirety of Ryzen 1000 to 2000 improvements have been in the FIRMWARE with basically minor work done on the silicon besides basic metal layer optimizations, and it came dangerously close to Intel.
What happens next year when AMD actually starts fucking around with the core and uncore and Intel is still on skylake?

>tl;dr: yes, AMD's design is better. no, AMD's design is not faster, yet.
i agree but this list is fucked i own three of these chips and dont see comparable results at all
>G4560 is one... it's good but one intensive task at a time

intel doesnt get any benefit from faster ram

is it worth jumping from a 4c 8t to a 6c 12t? that has better perfomance overall?

gee who knows.,...

2700 is 8c16t

6700 in terms of performance nowadays is so ething between an i3 and an i5.
2700 competes and wins the i7 8700.
It's your call if it's worth it

If you forever keep on waiting you'll never get the hardware. I'm pretty sure the 2600x will serve you for a good while.

It's not a question of absolute performance but rather wether the upgrade is worth the cost.

Intel *had* a great compiler team, yes.
Old Intel.

Only when it suits (You)

How the fuck did they get a 5 2600 tocl clock at 4.2 GHz?
I cant go further than 4.0 with mine.

Attached: 1527456964576.jpg (1000x746, 73K)

lol no, German sites are shit, no reputation and biased af. There are way better sites such as Tom's Hardware for example.

volts?

ofc it is its a huge upgrade an 8c cpu on desktop wont get irrelevant for at least 5 to 7 years i dare to say a decade..
but the main problem is ddr5 is already here so the last AM4 socket will come with the ryzen 2 (7nm)
so there wont be any upgradeablity after 2020 for the older ones

>but the main problem is ddr5 is already here
stop talking out of your ass. ddr5 is years away. AMD will be on AM4 till Zen 3, maybe a small refresh like we see now (Zen+).

it's the gaymur-types that keep saying they wanna hold out til ddr5 yet these same types don't seem to realize how irrelevant it will be for gaymen

>I do a lot if multitazking
Ryzen is your only choice here

>a high complement

>4 volts on this cpu
you mad nigga i like you

you are an idiot and thats ok
this picture was from cadence back in december

Attached: 1184.ddr5 testchip.jpg-500x0.jpg (420x299, 54K)

Attached: 5.3-4200C16.png (1550x1154, 1.08M)

it's going to be obsolete once the 8 core comes out

They get a marginal benefit that doesn’t justify the cost. An extra 100$ for better ram will yield 5-10% on Ryzen in latency dependent workloads.

Not in games, in fact it might do even worse in games due to higher latencies and some shit engines handling of higher thread counts.

delid

Uhh yeah I'm keeping my AMD FX until I find 8gb ddr4 3.4ghz for $50.

Do you mean Tesla recently, or Intel right now? Nigvidya never hired Keller.

Attached: 1527536701538.gif (575x420, 507K)

summerfag

Attached: 1527252340979pol.png (1204x882, 1.4M)

sure is summer in here

>everything i dont like is summer
Ive been here 10 years kid

stop using hogg memes

>ive been here for 10 years
And you STILL haven integrated at all, either you are new or lying

>And you STILL haven integrated

Attached: solidarity.png (600x536, 253K)