VS or Codeblocks for C++

i dont know which one i should use because Visual studio seems to be a very good IDE but its seems to be very complicated and with codeblocks im getting along more easily and its often recommended for C++ programming

Attached: VS.png (319x158, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jetbrains.com/clion/nextversion/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Visual Studio is far superior but will probably set the average Pajeet's laptop on fire.

codeblocks if you're doing some small homework for your teacher which is composed of a small problem with maybe 300 lines at university.
visual studio for actual work, projects or anything in between.

visual studio is amazing for windows c++ development, i'd just use that. but like that other user said, it's pretty bloated so you need a decent computer to run it smoothly.

Sorry op but all C++ IDEs are shit. My advice is to use VS as a debugger only, and build/write your projects in something like Emacs on windows or whatever editor you want. VS is too slow and bloated for writing and please don't use the built in build system.

Visual studio >>>> visual studio code >>>>>>>>> Codeblocks.

Begins weird but Visual studio C++ is fast,light and more feature Visual studio Code.

I learned on code blocks and I use linux
Code blocks

Every single tutorial or guide or anything telling you to use dev c++ or codeblocks is probably super outdated and wrong, uses C libraries/features, etc. That's the problem with C++, there are too many wrong and outdated resources. Avoid them at all costs. Both of those are pretty shit IDEs.
I recommend you actually learning how programs get compiled, how the linking process goes, etc. It's not too complicated. Then start using CMake and a regular text editor. IDEs tend to make a thousand configuration files and automate stuff you should 100% be aware of. Also C++ IDEs aren't very good with some exceptions, maybe it works fine on VS studio.

I recently started using VScode instead of something else, it's decent but insanely bloated and resource demanding. Maybe I'm really autistic but I don't like it when a text editor is using so much RAM and CPU time. I only want a nice look, good completion and shortcuts/refactoring tools, nothing else. As a bonus the C++ extension constantly shits the bed and sits at 100% usage on a thread so I disabled it.

If you are just starting, codeblocks

this

Visual Studio is much better and you'll probably grasp the basic features pretty quickly. And if you can (i.e. if you are a student, rich, or are willing to use the license reset hack every month), get Resharper for C++ (a jetbrains extension to VS).
As long as your PC is not 20 years old, the hierarchy is as follows:
Visual Studio + Resharper > Visual Studio >= CLion > meme text editors (vim, emacs, vs code, sublime etc.) > Code::Blocks > Geany > notepad > Dev-C++
Don't get memed into using trash and seriously, basic usage of Visual Studio is not as complicated as you think.

>Resharper
useless

Visual Studio kicks ass

Xcode is the real answer here

GNOME Builder. You can thank me later.

Attached: gnome-builder.png (1542x912, 181K)

>CTRL + F "CLion"
>0 results
I though Jow Forums had good taste.

jetbrains.com/clion/nextversion/

use what you do best in
don't let the IDE you use become a factor.

VS because it supports c++17 and all of its features

>gnu indentation
god why is it so fucking gross

I'd recommend using microsofts C++ compiler that comes with visual studio even if you don't use the IDE.

Why would he use the worst compiler both in terms of performance and standard compliance?
ICC, GCC and Clang are proper C/C++ compilers.