Am I free from the botnet on the GNU/Linux side if I duel boot win7?

Am I free from the botnet on the GNU/Linux side if I duel boot win7?

Attached: windows 7.jpg (474x296, 10K)

Free of the botnet?
lol dude, you're posting on Jow Forums, the botnet already knows the color of your shit, stop trying.
And dont waste more precious time on manchilds toy OS, just go full Win7

Attached: orsonwelleslaughing.jpg (236x291, 16K)

Attached: 1527052760848.jpg (540x393, 15K)

I'm not even necessarily trying I'm just curious as to where I'll stand. I like to know is all.

De-botnetting consuming every drop of my free time going on two weeks now. Second time around with win7 as I fell down this rabbit hole back in early '15. FML!
>win2k GOAT!
winxp was light years more simple and this horseshit wasn't a thing with 2000. Speaks volumes on the times in which we are living.
>NO botnet if I dual boot?
Theoretically, sure it's possible, but how likely? I would just make it as difficult as one can for the live os to access files/vols/partitions/etc. of the other. Simply, "muh loonix" doesn't preclude one from being at risk, either. Stay vigilant, user.

I'm just wondering on the specifics of what the OS could/would do if it wanted info on me. I mean, how exactly does restricting drive access help? Or is this just an assumption? I mean I agree with you, it probably would, I'm just wondering if you have any sources for the specifics of how.

Attached: 1527406746526.png (3840x2160, 2.53M)

Thought that was Debian

Would assume it's exactly as if it were done with a measure of "network" between two distinct systems. Only differences are the transport protocols along with the actual medium they traverse. Specifically, both systems reside on the same machine which is powered up. Choosing to run one doesn't mean the other becomes non-existent. So scanning the mbr, for example, tells one os there are others and, further, if multiple partitions or disks exist. Trivial from that point. I see using encryption as going a long way in restricting access, but not so sure about eliminating it. Of course, possibilities such as this is very 1984 and I don't think we're there yet. The whole deal with wintelemetry and the general state of the interwebs does give the impression that it is closer on the horizon than most think.

>go full winbong 7
foound the normie

why would you even want to boot win7 OP, it's a hot pile of shit, just do a clean install of GNU / Linux, you'll never go back to winblows

This is really interesting and exactly what I was looking for. Thank you user.

I'd love to go full GNU/Linux but I need Adobe Premier. That's literally the only reason. No it doesn't work on wine.

Should be safe from this point of view, but as long as your cpu has something like Intel ME, you're still part of the botnet somehow

Yea, I understand I'm not going to properly escape it, but as I've said already I'm just curious as to /how/ I'm being spied on.

Anyway, something like ME probably only needs to be worried about when you're doing actual illegal things on the machine - it's something they need to physically have access to to exploit, isn't it? I mean, I don't know how something that low level could be accessed remotely.

Your mind is the best botnet!

Attached: 01-31.jpg (760x574, 182K)

>vidya
>not toy

>duel

The winner gets the right to boot.
Its rms vs Ballman.

>Bharat Shah
>an00b Gupta
>Windows

kek

Attached: Sweaty Ballmer.jpg (350x262, 10K)