C or C++

Which one should I start learning, why and with which book (someone please post the Jow Forums guide to programming picture) or website? I already know Python, and would like to know the fundamental differences between those 2 languages (besides the obvious Oriented Object meme)?

Attached: C C++.gif (640x480, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YnWhqhNdYyk
stackoverflow.com/questions/388242/the-definitive-c-book-guide-and-list
manning.com/books/c-plus-plus-concurrency-in-action-second-edition
fm2gp.com
hero.handmade.network/episode/intro-to-c
youtube.com/watch?v=T6TyvsKo_KI
dice.com/jobs/detail/Embedded-Software-Engineer-Aerospace-Corporation-El-Segundo-CA-90245/10116040/40281
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Learn C first. It helps you understand C++ better.

c is essentially a subset of c++ for most intents and purposes
if you learn c first then you'll have a more grounded understanding of how the two generally work
but if you don't care about that and won't be making stuff that low-level then go with c++

>already know Python
Build real world things or get a job.

I do have a job in Machine Learning that requires Python, which is great for that. So I build real world things for real people in the industry that I actually really talk to, retard.

Attached: cpl.png (639x479, 13K)

I do have basic understanding of how C works even though I haven't written a line in years (I was 13 or 14 at the time, couldn't understand pointers although I do now), should I go head straight for C++? Do people actually use pure C in companies? For what purposes compared to C++?

tfw no learncpp.com tier easy C learning

Attached: image_0.jpg (236x544, 37K)

I already used Java for past tasks (socket-servers for a MORPG I created in highschool), it's useful but ugly (inb4 implying C++ isn't) and I want to get more serious about programming without falling for the Haskell meme.

Attached: 1527627829346.png (639x479, 17K)

Thanks user, classic and old but very simple, non-bloated, efficient website. Exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

depends on what you want to do. low level and massive stuff like operating systems use mostly c. generally i think c is faster, although i'm not 100% sure.
i'd try a book called cpp: the complete reference by herbert schildt. don't treat it as the bible of knowledge from that hack, but it covers both c and c++ and is a great introduction to both- very nicely worded.

youtube.com/watch?v=YnWhqhNdYyk
stackoverflow.com/questions/388242/the-definitive-c-book-guide-and-list

Wait new version
manning.com/books/c-plus-plus-concurrency-in-action-second-edition

fm2gp.com

C++17 had a lot lot lot new things over C.

I don't want to create the next TempleOS (although I wish), so thanks, I'll have a look to this book

is Python used for embedded software?

No, just No

I was trying to be sarcastic but whatev...

C++ for opp
C for everything else

learning C++ when you know C is basically learning how to replace certain constructs and patterns with new ones. but to understand why they've been replaced, how to apply them and what actually happens when you apply them you kinda have to know a fair share of C
or you could watch videos from autists like Casey Muratori and Jonathan Blow and learn their C-but-C++ subset
hero.handmade.network/episode/intro-to-c
also:
youtube.com/watch?v=T6TyvsKo_KI
but this is not for beginners at all

no, they use React and Bootstrap
dice.com/jobs/detail/Embedded-Software-Engineer-Aerospace-Corporation-El-Segundo-CA-90245/10116040/40281
>Preferred
>General, background familiarity with web technologies: databases, SQL, front-end frameworks, e.g., Angular/React/Ember/Backbone/Bootstrap.

Learn C and then use c++ as C and when you encounter something that seems like it should be a language feature research how to do it in c++.

Trying to learn c++ in one go is a ridiculous task that requires reading 1000 page textbooks just to get down the basics.

No embedded is C (at least where i worked)
we used Python log parsing tho

just write C in C++ and use C++ features if it makes sense

This makes sense, OP you should start small and then see if you need any extra features.

OK. Is "The C Programming Language" as perfect as chanted on this board? Is it self-sufficient?

C is now object oriented with ooc.

What do you mean by self-sufficient? C has perhaps the largest stash of libraries made for multiple languages seeing as how C is seen as the lingua franca of programming languages; every single one of them tries to be compatible with it or at least provide an interface to interact with it.

I don't know in school we went python > Java > c# > c++ and now on my own I'm learning a bit of c. I think if you learn c first it may affect the way you structure your code in c++. Like how people are recommending writing c++ using c style structure which is ok but not making use of the language properly.

ooc?

neat

Learn C++ first if your not a pussy. And get this book called Beginning C++ through game programming by Michael Dawson it's basically how CHAD learns C++.