What IDE is lightweight, professional and pretty at the same time, Jow Forums?

What IDE is lightweight, professional and pretty at the same time, Jow Forums?
I'm mostly looking for an IDE for some recreational Python, JavaScript and PHP programming.

Is pic related OK?

Attached: 29239014-9366bfa6-7f7d-11e7-9e04-e5cd535c3a5f.png (1560x600, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

atom.io/packages/atom-ide-debugger-python
atom.io/packages/linter-pylint
atom.io/packages/gpp-compiler
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes. Do not listen to anyone else in this thread.

Do what this user said...

Atom is not an IDE, it is a text editor. An IDE requires a few basic features to be called an IDE, and I don't know if this list is comprehensive:

Debugging
Code Checking
Text Editor
Compiler

On top of this, ATOM has pretty poor performance for such a limited feature set. If you want an IDE that is extremely powerful, and performs well relative to that power, then IntelliJ is my go to. A basic text editor that has some features that will help with development would be Sublime Text 3.

this is getting very confusing

Consider Eclipse Neon (IDE) for Python.
It's a workplace standard
does very well for that.

Vscode

>Debugging
atom.io/packages/atom-ide-debugger-python
>Code Checking
atom.io/packages/linter-pylint
>Compiler
atom.io/packages/gpp-compiler

vscode
pycharm/webstom/intellij
if you want light then use vim

vi/m = emacs > atom = sublime > everything else

you want Jow Forums, don't use ide's, learn the compiler utilities and commands in the terminal
learn a text editor with major flexibility and customization aka vi/m or emacs
you have to choose which one because vim/emacs is one of the oldest debates

watch plugins for Python tho
They got me the "Re-Image" malware.

disk errors > forced immobilizing scans > redirection to the ReImage hardsell site.

Win can't fix disk error until malware gone
so,
uninstalled VSCode and Python plugins
Ran disk repair
werks/gone

I may have gotten a shit copy of VSC due to my suspicions of how the icons were acting, so may have been my error for choosing bad d/l,
but it looked pretty legit at the time,
w/e...

>Lightweight
>Atom
Isn't it like notepad but like 600x heavier and slow?

I don't know of any lightweight IDE. I find Intellij a pretty complete package for an IDE though.
If I want something lightweight I just use Emacs though.

Here's a thought, why don't you try them out? By the time people have replied to this post you could've downloaded the top 10 IDEs that came up in your search engine of choice and be testing them out right now. In the end it's just down to preference mostly anyway

If you are going to use botnet electron garbage at least use vscode

Emacs Operating System

unironically this
version 26 is fast as fuck

Atom is the least lightweight editor ever created.

you won't find an IDE that is lightweight and you don't need an IDE for any those languages

Kdevelope or sublime.
The only 2 GUI options.
Gvim/vim for the terminal but I just paid for a sublime license and it works well and looks nice and doesn't run from a browser framework like atom.

>atom
>lightweight
Use sublime text baka

I like Atom, but VS Code is tempting me as it is lighter somehow.

Its because it written by actual software engineers who know how to code and not diversity hire meme """"js developers""""

IntelliJ spilling all over your ram bcs its written in java. Its a powerfull tool but on machines with

the architecture of the main python code extension honestly sucks, although I still use it out of convenience. It should really be a metapackage (easy to do). Currently it's a monolithic mess trying to include every python extension feature into one beast.

>lightweight
nicememe

just use vschode

>machines with

Attached: laughing memes.png (733x510, 410K)

>atom
>lightweight
Yeah no. Slowest editor i've used, and so laggy it isn't even funny anymore.
Use ST3 like a normal person

Fuckin idiots. Geany is the most lightweight you mongoloids. Stop saying intellij and other bullshit ides which work well because of the costly rams bought by your parents.
Geany has c,cpp,python and whatever code checker and compiler you want just need to give the path to that language in your system for other languages. It has good plugins like debugger and autocomplete

Atom has all that in additional packages but its quite crappy. I use atom to alter html/css/php but that's it

vim + ricing

JetBrains WebStorm
Or
If u u are poor, than pick the VSC

>written by actual software engineers who know how to code and not diversity hire meme """"js developers""""
kys

Attached: Screenshot_20180530-183237_1_1.jpg (720x1180, 132K)

your only option is geany+gtk theme

Retard can't even type properly

Electron wastes way more memory than java, by the way