Krita 4 for art

Krita is an amazing fucking piece of software, especially now that it has multithreaded brushes. I'm not sure how it's performance fares on Windows, but this is a game changer as a GNU/Linux user, and fortunately for me I stumbled across an 8 core CPU recently. Any other artfags out there using Krita 4?

Attached: krita.gif (1433x906, 283K)

Wrong board queer. Fuck off with your blogging.

yup, it's really good. Since i moved to linux, I do everything in krita.

>krita
Literal furblr. Kys.

>post about technology on a technology board
>on the wrong board
Fuck off to one of the innumerable template threads on this board.
English please.

Attached: 1475593667367.gif (363x403, 186K)

Krita still pisses me off, the test editing is better than GIMP for sure, but it's not like Photoshop.
All I want is a good Photoshop clone on Linux.

Real Photoshop is terrible on linux, even with WINE it installs phone home services that start on boot!

for some reason it's slower than mypaint. I used a small canvas size with a wacom tablet & my x200, wasn't really viable.

It's barely acceptable on my x220t. Pretty good for free software though, no reason I should complain.

>Real Photoshop is terrible on linux, even with WINE it installs phone home services that start on boot!
I'm, an artfag and have little use for full blown image manipulation, but that really sucks brother.

Krita is a program that really wants a beefy computer. In fact I used GIMP all this time until I built a new PC for performance reasons. Art software generally runs horrible on everything, and the only major exception I've come accross is Clip Studio Paint. Corel is the worst offender of shit performing art software by the way.

Krita focuses on painting, not heavy photo-manipulation like photoshop.

I know, but it's a lost cause trying to get GIMP fixed.
Krita, being a KDE project is probably open to improvement.

Good to know, I figured it was a tradeoff for krita's features (bloat?)

If you're getting new hardware for art reasons you're probably pretty good. I sort of gave up because not creative but still browse /ic/ once in a while.

i do artwork on a 7 year old computer. 8 gigs of ram is more than enough in most cases.

>I sort of gave up because not creative but still browse /ic/ once in a while.
I'm newish but competent for the amount of time I've put in it as far as digital painting goes, but I'm more of a traditionalfag personally. That being said, on my hardware, I can doodle on 6kx6k canvases with not much lag at max brush size with a good bit of the brushes, which is still shit but was once inconceivable for krita.
This is true, but I was coming from an X200s.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-30_02-01-04.png (656x413, 138K)

Medibang Paint/FireAlpaca are very decent freeware drawing softwares.

Can confirm it's extremely slow on some devices for some reason.

I think furblr is a concatenation of the words "Furry" and "Tumblr". It's because most furries with a tumblr account use Krita, probably.

Krita is cute! CUTE!

Attached: DSC_0961.jpg (916x1024, 147K)

That's how people end up on MacOS. They want to run their *nix shit and Photoshop.

Have you tried the latest GIMP version, it's really good.

After years of GIMP I got to use Photoshop again for some photo manipulation, and it was probably twice as fast and more convenient to do anything. I didn't realize how GIMPed my experience was.

Have you tried darktable?

Krita solves the problems GIMP has while reintroducing all the ones it had finally fixed. That interface is beyond horseshit, the keyboard macros make 0 goddamn sense and are a bitch to configure, switching brush size, pressure, and style is unnecessarily tedious, and the layering controls were clearly designed by a pythonista because I can't think of anybody else who would insist on bucking conventional hotkey trends so wildly and with no reason

i thought i was on /ic/ for a second

With the addition of SVG support in this version, Krita now covers pretty much all my image editing necessities.

On the feature side, I'm set, so I hope the developers stick with their plan of focusing on bug fixing and performance improvement because there's still a lot to do on that realm.

It's probably because of Kiki.

Attached: 1503755220004.png (2512x2240, 427K)

The strange thing is that I remember using, say, Photoshop 4.0 on something like a Pentium 1 60mhz under Windows 3.1 and it was fine, and it already had all of the major Photoshop features you'd expect at that point. Somehow as computing power has increased, the developers managed to perfectly calibrate the software to require the latest hardware without conveying a proportional boost in capability.

The obvious solution is to stick with old versions and not worry about whatever new crap features are being added, particularly if you mostly do traditional stuff.

running on OSX doesn't help you with the aforementioned adobe spyware.

I dumped photoshop for krita 4 years ago. to this day I think krita is far superior to photoshop for digital painting.

different kind of programs user

That drawing would have been unrecognisable had you not written oy vey, its very bad

Attached: Screenshot_20180324.png (883x496, 544K)