Why would anyone willingly use an OS that doesn't have the best video games and needs constant tinkering???

why would anyone willingly use an OS that doesn't have the best video games and needs constant tinkering???

Attached: 1465522246850.jpg (192x185, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/32748142
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No life

Linux got all the games I want and the tinkering thing you said was bullshit, what do I have to tinker?

I have consoles for gaming

stfu Tux Racing is goat

>doesn't have the best video games
But DOSBox is ported to almost every platform, so I don't understand what you mean. Or are you one of them Fort-night playing kiddies?

>you don't need those other games
>you don't need thumbnails
>you don't need art programs
The absolute state of Linux retards

The same reason why someone would own a piece of shit car that always breaks down. They enjoy working on it more then using it.

yeah kinda agree with you. I always ask my friend that spends thousands and months to fix his old civic just to break down again few months later. I realized later that he actually enjoyed the fixing process and think it as a hobby

Why would Microsoft put money in a smear campaign???

What games? I don't give a shit about the latest AAA titles, they're all money milkers of older franchises. PlayStation has better exclusives anyway. Linux can play every old game and has great emulation support.
Also art programs are fine and we've had thumbnail support for ages.
Why do you feel the need to justify your retarded OS choice with games, it makes you seem like a onions induced manchild.

>art programs are fine
You can't even draw a straight line don't talk about stuff you know fuck all about

kill yourself, you stupid frog.

Retard, I can easily draw a straight line and a circle or whatever shape, that you can't differentiate between memes and truth isn't my problem.

OP is about Windows 10.
>breaks backward compatibility with best games
>every major update is an apple tier clusterfuck despite the heavy telemetry on insider users

Attached: 1525416128145.jpg (3264x2448, 771K)

no, user. let the other user tell you what you can and cant do with programs you use. he OBVIOULSY knows what he's talking about.

But it doesn't have any of the games I want.

Dark Souls Remastered doesn't work in wine, as usual gannoo/+linux is garbage tier

Like?

This. Life has no meaning unless I'm busy, and no one wants to hire me. So I just tinker on my autismbox.

Dark Souls, far cry 4,5, battlefield 3,4 at the top of my head.
>inb4 wine
I want native or better performance

I prefer not having a life than wasting it playing videogayms.

@66143810
Your life has no meaning unless you suck your own dick. Pathetic trash.

>why would anyone ever communicate on Jow Forums when facebook works so well.

>Linux got all the games I want
all thats needed to label you an absolute pleb

Buahahaha not digitally you fucking moron
You can't draw traditionally so you know shit about art by extension
You are not an artist just some fucking retarded code monkey
Your shitty opinion about art programs is automatically invalid lmao

>I want native or better performance

Attached: 1437659767015.jpg (412x398, 86K)

>Reeee, if you dont like my games your a pleb!

>video games
At one point you just grow up and don't care about this more than privacy and time. I can't be bother to fuck around with windows for hours whenever it decides to crash, update, get malware or just stop working.

Feminazi the triggering. Windows has good games, t-trust me!

Wine can get better than native performance with tweaks, but why do you care about a 10% performance loss?

Attached: State of Windows gaming.png (963x525, 327K)

>technical skills means good art
hahahahaha
coding can make some 10/10 art

csgo and dota is all you ever need

>playing classic GOAT games is now considered plebian
I hate summer children
Fuck off, I do art on Linux you tard. Stop making assumptions.

>Wine can get better than native performance with tweaks
seems legit when native games get shit performance compared to windows lmao

Attached: ApplicationFrameHost_2018-05-30_16-10-10.png (609x350, 18K)

Go stamp some peppers in GIMP you clueless fuck XD

DOOM got better performance over wine than windows did

Wine+Gallium9 has better performance than Windows for DX9 titles.
DX8 and below is also better performance.
DX11 to Vulkan is moving pretty quickly, but who knows when/if it'll beat Windows.
OpenGL titles are also faster.

So right now only DX10/11 are faster and DX12 is not supported at all.
Wine works with Denuvo now too...

why do you need to make up lies?

Attached: chrome_2018-05-30_16-15-34.png (951x597, 683K)

For DX10/11 it's lot more than 10% (the DX to OGL wrapper is still slow for anything above 8, Gallium9 fixes DX9 to far faster than windows)

Bad ports have bad performance.
Feral is actually pretty bad - it's great they exist, but they're not exactly good at what they do.

>I do art on Linux
My condolences
Paying respects for your "art"
FFFFFFFFF

uhh, no thanks I have too much to do with the project I'm working on.

Post it here so we can all laugh

>Two years ago
>SteamOS which is always a year behind in drivers
Nice bait

>no counter benchmarks, no facts
nice damage control linuxtard

>implying it is meant to be experienced outside a controlled setting
unless you wanna set up a room and have all the same synths as me, idk how that would work.

I've posted as much proof as you, which is to say none.

So it runs on native performance? You just confirmed it.

Ah so it doesn't exist or it's so shit you're ashamed of it
Called it lol

Remove privacy issues and forced updates from Windows and the Linux desktop dies.
Prove me wrong.

you do understand that there are installations they can't be properly experienced on a computer right?
like this doesn't work on the computer due to it having two screens and not having the proper sound set up.
vimeo.com/32748142

I understand your art is shit
Post something else then you made me craving for some laffs

>you DONT NEED SOFTWARE that isn't god-awful
>oh, you do but means you're a minority working in a anyway FAG

why are linuk user like that? :^(

Attached: [email protected] (2600x1658, 226K)

no. those weren't gnu/linux centered. most of the physical shit are painted zine collages with needles on top
others were focused on blood/spit combined with paint.

Lmao

linux didn't die when windows didn't have those issues.

windows DEPENDS on constant, now forced updates and the more updates (5+ GB service packs every month) it gets the more broken shit gets requiring more updates, there is no way back from now

like the last month or so microdongs released the largest batch of security fixes yet seen

>tweaks
If you click the shortcut and it doesn't run flawlessly, it's not native performance.
Also I expect 10% refund on my hardware if it runs 10% worse, fuck linux.
Source for all that bullshit?

>If you click the shortcut and it doesn't run flawlessly
By that definition there almost aren't any games running on native performance even on windows.

All of them. Stop maoing up excuses.
t. windows 7 with all drivers and runtimes

Painting with blood sounds hardcore as fuck, user.

Do you need to coat it with anything to stop it from flaking off or something like that?

I don’t play games
I like tinkering

> an OS that doesn't have the best video games
Wat? Even if, you use a computer for video games, and one for having anything important out of reach of the video game console botnet.

>needs constant tinkering
Not needed.

>If you click the shortcut and it doesn't run flawlessly, it's not native performance.
You are running a modern(-ish) multitasking OS, so it actually doesn't, by design.

> Also I expect 10% refund on my hardware if it runs 10% worse
Always happens on Windows. You should get a huge refund because there are unnecessary IO waits and what not that your SSD could do better. And bloat code all over the place. Nobody is going to pay you anything back, though.

>but windows has errors
Still runs better than linux (if at all).

>needs constant tinkering

Attached: MMamma.jpg (1068x580, 121K)

Win xp is the latest version of windows I can run and it doesn't have any drivers. It shits on the battery
Debian with i3 gets me 3+ hours of notetaking. Also got wifi to work, ironucally enough

This. Why use anything but DOS?

>Being a faggot Jow Forumsayymer is now acceptable on Jow Forums
Well we had a good run boys. See you all on Reddit!

>I prefer not having a life than wasting it playing videogayms.

I don't understand why people are always so back& white when it comes to videogames.

You can play them and have a successful life,

No one forces you to play 12hrs a day

Attached: file.png (644x614, 190K)

Modern proprietary games are designed to be addictive.

If you want to play games, play free software games that run on GNU/Linux, they are just designed to be fun.

>dances like a nigger
this is the niggerlicious shit terry warned us about

They were designed to, but aren't.

>the best video games
but emulators run just fine on linux

Get a new fucking pc grandpa

Playing video games will never be more than something for lonely little boys

>If you want to play games, play free software games that run on GNU/Linux, they are just designed to be fun.
lots of foods are designed to be addictive too. get some self control.

Attached: 1445726293583.jpg (525x809, 131K)

hi gramps

why would anyone use an OS not for productive work but playing childish games

>plays games
>calls other people children

if you are over the age of 20 and still play video games you're literally a basedboy manchild

not everyone wants to windows only dummy
i don't play video games too often and i enjoy tinkering my os to suit my personal needs
if i really wanted to play games, i have a windows ltsb partition that i dont mind booting into just for league and maplestory

Attached: 6eeb3cd1-5739-4ebb-8c73-6414fef5ff02.jpg (586x577, 54K)

>if you are over the age of 20 and still play video games you're literally a basedboy manchild

meanwhile in reality the average age of gamers is over 30

>If the average gamer is a loser that makes me not a loser

Attached: sddefault-12-640x480.jpg (640x480, 47K)

you're making my point for me, idiot. video games are how the kike controls you. wake up, basedboy! if you're under 25, there may be hope for you yet! do some pushups! go outside!

those studies also show that >50% of gamers are casual where the requirements to be a 'core' game are really fucking low i.e., have played a certain genre of games, meaning that people who play stuff like farmville or mobile game cashgrabs would be considered gamers if they were in the study
and if you were able to buy the ps1 on or near launch with your own money you'd be around 40 years old and if your parents bought one for you you'd be in your mid to late 20s, is it any surprise that a generation brought up on games is now a generation of adult gamers? read: manchild

t. manchild

see
I don't understand why people are always so back& white when it comes to videogames.

You can play them and have a successful life,

No one forces you to play 12hrs a day

It's a hobby like any other

> needs constant tinkering
Nnnope. While it allows unlimited customizations to provide the best UX and security, it may be left as is for an indefinite amount of time. I still have some servers on CentOS 5 and Debian 6.

>I don't understand why people are always so back& white when it comes to videogames.
because you're in a thread whose subject is that if you use linux you can't play games because rebooting once a week to maybe play a game is outside the realm of possibility for these degenerates

> rebooting once a week
But muh uptimes on GNU/Linux...

Linux is for people who want the computer itself to be an abstract sort of video game.

windows is for people who want the computer to be a game where microsoft wins and you always lose

because there are much more productive and stimulating hobbies than gamin. i'm not trying to belittle you here, i'm trying to help you. video games are designed by the kike to literally numb your body and mind.
there are plenty of hobbies that are fun *and* productive. you can garden, even if it's just a few plants on your balcony. you can do sport shooting (instead of practicing your cs:go spray patterns, you can build muscles and practical skills by practicing your real life muzzle control!), hiking, building anything (computers, keyboards, cars, model trails, ar15s, whatever); there are even hobbies on the computer! you can contribute write code (libre or proprietary, i don't even care), produce art or music, write fiction, nonfiction, poetry, anything!
if you need an escapist fantasy for whatever reason, thats fine too. maybe try warhammer 40k or something. at least that way you're excercising creativity, spatial reasoning, and producing something real.

linux is for people who want to tell the computer what to do, then have exactly that happen

windows is for people who tell the computer what end result they want, then have some first order approximation of that happen, maybe

yeah I get what you are trying to say. but you can game and do all these things, too.

I played 6.6hrs in 14 days.

That's around 30 minutes a day, how makes me this a loser?

Attached: file.png (644x47, 9K)

we're talkin about linux here pal

Why would a grown man need gaymemes?

linux is a kernel

yes, and also a fun computer game

>constant tinkering

Just stop ricing every week, stop using some unstable bleeding-edge distro, or stop being retarded when using the terminal.

A better question is why do you söyboys put up with so much shit that absolute steaming pile of shit Windows 10 gives you, to the point of you getting Stockholm syndrome?

Attached: aid1332551-v4-728px-Repel-Cats-Step-3.jpg (728x546, 51K)

kernel bugs are a real problem that affects real people and businesses that engineers have to put in time and effort to fix

so it's a game with high stakes and real-life concequences