What does Jow Forums think of Opera?

What does Jow Forums think of Opera?

Attached: z3vSsJn2_400x400.jpg (400x400, 12K)

was good in 2000s

I prefer plays that don't have singing.

Opera is dead.
Long live Vivialdi

Attached: file.png (186x186, 11K)

Got bought out by Chinese botnet, if you want the opera 8 experience then use Vivaldi

they added this shit to the dev version, soon it'll be on the normal version

Attached: fucking trash.png (721x405, 215K)

this.

Has always been a meme and still is and forever will be

browser which only contrarian faggots would use

Opera v12 = best browser ever made. Everything past that.. eh, not so much.

Bloatware.

Attached: Wikipizzle_Opera.png (1242x723, 298K)

I like it. I like the tab on the side with telegram/messenger and all the other shit that's easily accessible. The auto pop up to search/copy or unit conversion for highlighted text is nice. Pop up videos is sometimes useful. I can use all the chrome add-ons.

I don't know why people suck Firefox' dick so much, they're all the same. I do use it to browse facebook though, because of that fb container add-on.

Just use vivaldi

really? they reimplemented vertical tabs? I dropped it and gone to vivaldi for this feature.
(Not that I am ever wanna go back to chinks)

It's a literal botnet

Chinese botnet

>was good in 2000s
fpbp

Opera died with version 12.

Why the fuck would you ever use that Vivaldi shit?

I use it but it got worse. Everything else got even worse than that so I'm stuck with it.

it has vertical tabs and mouse gestures that just work out of the box, I don't have to fiddle around with extensions that provide shitty ugly vertical tabs and meme mouse gestures

Used it from 2004-2017 and left it for Chromium. Just not good enough on Linux and too much proprietary shit like integrated Whatspp and Facebook, yes you can apparently disable it, but I don't want it to be there at all. It's not the browser it was.

the old opera developer started vivaldi after nu opera went downhill. it has a lot of features of the old opera

Because Vivaldi is literally Opera, but good, and that's its intention.

goddamn how I miss Opera v8 to v12...it was absolutely godlike.
now I'm stuck with Firefox and its getting worse

this:

>chromium based
droped.

>now I'm stuck with Firefox and its getting worse
Firefox Quantum has been the only good Firefox release since 4.0
It unironically got better for the first time in 7 years

custom pronouns detected

I still use Opera 12, only for the email client

As much as I love it so damn much still I wish they'd implement right click reverse image searching and also support for natively installing Chrome extensions fucking Opera that shit is based on Chromium for Christ's sake

Presto or bust

Attached: 1525287991249.png (1053x1080, 362K)

Attached: FOUR.png (740x760, 92K)

Where is my build-in HTTP server?

Attached: opera-unite.jpg (450x237, 19K)

between it and vivaldi which is better for general use?
do you suck at video playback like furrymoon?

garbage honestly. just look at the bloat it comes with on fresh install. and its just another webkit browser. chrome is the best honestly (no shill). i just wish chrome got a better redesign

Came here to post this. Used Opera a lot in the mid-2000s.

russian botnet

oh man does that look comfy
reminds me of how bad meterial design is

RIP

Attached: opera.gif (425x177, 2.94M)

intredasting

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 07.11.05.png (297x125, 32K)

botnet

where is this from?

this

Attached: reddit_frog.png (426x628, 174K)

I am all into vivaldi but usually i use multiple comutarrz and i really like cloud paSsword sync. once i will be able to sync passwords among vivaldis ill go full vivaldi

go into vivaldi://experiments and enable sync or dl the snapshot version

Oh shit. This.
I was buttmad when they phased that out. I shared stuff with people a lot using file sharing service.

Yup. That wasso handy.
Incredible how opera just had everything and the kitchen sink (unite, irc client, mail client, bittorent client, rss reader, an adblocker before those where evena thing, noscript, and probably a lot of stuff I'm forgetting about) integrated and the executable was still way smaller than everyone elses, as was the startup time, thespeed an the memory footprint.
Chropera and Vivaldi are just shitty copies. It just doesn't work without glorious presto.

Thanks user, I knew it was a snapshot feature but I did not know you could activate it on the regular version

they plan to bring back a lot of the old opera into vivaldi. like the mail client

>Incredible how opera just had everything and the kitchen sink
And it was worse at every single one of those things than having a dedicated program for that thing.

For some heavy/advanced user, maybe, but if you just needed bT to download some lunix iso and then ask two stupid questions about it on irc? Beats having to install separate programs.
Also, the binary was still way smaller than everything else, so no harm done.

If you want that 2000s experience use Vivaldi idiot

I am waiting for "developer mode" to come back.
It did it's job well. Email client was comfy. File sharing just werked.

I'm autistic though so "good enough to work" isn't good enough. My software needs to do 1 job and do 1 job well.

Which software back then offered what opera unity did? One click sharing live folder without even having public ip.

My Jow Forums experience

I'm still using the google plus theme css moot put on Jow Forums for a few days in 2015 or 2014(?)

And yet nobody seems to have done something with the leaked presto source code.
Still no quicker browsers in sight. The thing I miss the most was the instant forwards/backwards functionality. That was pretty intense.

How Weller than
>click on torrent file
>it downloads that file
Do you need?
Sure, if you're a heavy user, there's tons of stuff you need, but even you probably have demands where you simply don't need the "pro" stuff, or even won't understand it.
So much this!
I hate it that no single browser has a working "back" button.
And no, grabbing the previous url from the history and then fucking reloading the page does not count.

I have it installed to use the VPN occasionally.

EVERY single time I try Vivaldi it ends up being a slow broken mess.
EVERY single time anons tell me that was fixed and it's perfect, they promise.
EVERY single time I try it again after listening to them I see it's still a slow broken mess.

Modern Opera is alright. Out of the actual non-meme browsers, it's easiest on the battery, CPU, and RAM. I use it when I'm working and have to free up resources for local servers, VMs, Android Studio, etc.

>4.0
Firefox was only ever good when it was imitating opera
before that it was just a shitty imitation of IE

>imitating opera
thank god no one does that or all browsers would be dead.

gay faggot shit

Coincidentally also my favourite browser

Fuck off, retard.

its chinese you dipshit

I checked Opera 12 some weeks ago to see how much browsers have devolve and damn, modern browsers are shit compared to it.

On Firefox? You had vertical tabs forever. Only issue since the move to Quantum was that you couldn't hide the top tab bar, something you can with some lines in userChrome though.

I wonder how safe it is to use the last v12 release (or the standalone 1.0 version of Opera Mail) for mail and RSS in 2018. Would you have to be a glue sniffer to use it?

>Opera v12
I liked that it had a built-in email client. Absolutely handy, and you could open emails in tabs. Now I use Vivaldi and the ability to stack and tile tabs is great, if they could integrate an email client with Vivaldi it would beat Opera v12 for me.

Do what? It's leaked not free. Also Presto is really outdated and whereas making a nice interface ala Vivaldi or whatever "minimal" browser does for Blink, a layout engine is hard to get right.

Borrow code for the quick back and forward functionality.

>fell for the Brave meme
Goddammit I don't wanna go back to Chrome.

Still clearly the best one of the major 5 browsers desu. Even though I liked Opera 12 more.