Why haven't you learned LISP?

Attached: lisplogo.png (811x805, 29K)

>quantum computing

Haskell is better.

Attached: matsuri haskell.jpg (1920x1080, 153K)

I already did and I also use emacs

I'm a linux guy, so C works for me.
I guess if i worked on 1980's Lisp machines it would make sense to learn it.

haskell is difficult to learn

it's the kind of language I wanted to learn when I knew nothing at all about programming

But it doesn't have s-expressions

Currently learning elisp while writing my own Emacs config. Feels comfy

I already know JavaScript.
JavaScript is LISP in C's clothing.

yeah, doing nothing productive can be very comfortable

(You)

You'll never understand the comfort of having set up everything in your environment (down to each keystroke) to exactly your liking

keep ricing in your neet cave

of course, since there are no other IDEs but emacs.

GHC is pure garbage

How so?

Your complaint, if I understood correctly, was that in spending so much time customizing Emacs, you end up "doing nothing productive". So what exactly makes spending an equal amount of time customizing something else to Emacs level any better?

it produces slow code and devs are even slower with fixes

I approve

Attached: 1522180713607.jpg (766x758, 236K)

>it produces slow code
-O2
>devs are even slower with fixes
Give me one example of a recent serious bug that wasn't fixed immediately.

>not using -O4

>of course, since there are no other IDEs but emacs.
There is not a single piece of software that is more customizable than Emacs.

It's missing homoiconicity, the most important feature.

LOL
lol

I love Lisp, but large projects can easily become a horrific nightmare if mismanaged. Cadrs of caddars of cadadrs galore.

Honestly at this point Haskell is more innovative and modern than any Lisp dialect other than Clojure. Probably has a brighter future than Clojure, too.

This meme makes me rage. JS and Lisp have almost nothing in common. See the essay "JavaScript isn't Scheme."

literally what?

lisp is a superior language cause you can reprogram it to work however you want while it's running. You can program lisp to work exactly like python. You can program lisp to work exactly like javascript. you can program lisp to work exactly like c++. You can program lisp to work like haskell c++ java javascript and ruby at the same time. The limit is your coding ability

Depends on the flavor of lisp. Racket's surprisingly usable with namespaces and shit.

that goes for almost every language ever

I really like Haskell, I think it's an incredible language. That being said it seems to inherit quite a lot of the same ideas as Lisp, and something about writing Lisps is extremely Zen.

Attached: leaders.jpg (560x338, 70K)