Have you watched all of my Jai videos, user?

Have you watched all of my Jai videos, user?

Attached: 2784075-jon+blow+2015.1+cropped.jpg (538x640, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmV5I2fxaiCKfxMBrNsU1kgKJXD3PkyxO
youtube.com/watch?v=8dinUbg2h70
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what's the duration sum of his Jai streams? few months?
would kill for some takeouts or summaries, watching full 6 hour vids is boring
(also would kill for source code)

This: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmV5I2fxaiCKfxMBrNsU1kgKJXD3PkyxO

Is his summary/demo playlist. 53 videos, averaging about an hour long per video. It feels like a mountain, but it's actually pretty interesting

>Average duration: 56 minutes and 39 seconds
>Total duration: 2 days, 2 hours, 2 minutes and 52 seconds
it lacks some vids, still way less then I expected

all vids on his channel have in total 12 days, 8 hours, 12 minutes and 4 seconds and it's mix of working on Jai compiler and working on that Sokoban in Jai so I would count that

I watched the "core" ones and they did not disappoint. I wish the best to Jon and hope Jai gets the recognition it deserves once it releases. There are great ideas in the language that the industry needed for a long time.

There's probably more stuff you can glean from his compiler/engine programming live streams, but there's significantly less critical info in them than in these. I really hope he comes out with more proper demos soon. I'm anxious for a C-like language with the kind of metaprogramming he's doing

I swear the second he releases it, even in beta, I'm going to start working on a free realtime audio lib. I'm backing this 100%

>actually great programmer
>learned BASIC when 10 years old
fuck how am I ever going to compete with starting at 20?

Give me a quick rundown

The speed of C with arbitrary code able to be run at compile-time or run-time. It's basically C with metaprogramming beefed up higher than any language I've seen yet. You can even hijack the compiler, intercept its messages, and alter code as it's being compiled.

Oh I forgot to mention: unlike C/C++, the build settings are specified using the language itself, so no more make/cmake/VSproject nonsense

There's a lot more, but in incredibly broad strokes, I count those as the most important things

way less retarded C++ by game developers so maybe not suitable for general serious use, currently in development mostly by pic related and probably few other people

Confirmed several other people. Apparently he's diverted part of his company to work on the compiler

isn't that HolyC

Yes, but this is written by someone who isn't schizophrenic

I did, I hope I'll get the chance to try it out before 2030

Thanks user. youtube-dl here I come.

it's very incomplete playlist, download whole channel

also good kinda-technical talk youtube.com/watch?v=8dinUbg2h70

What's not included in it?

I need a guarantee that this will be FOSS before I dedicate time to it.

I recall him saying it would probably be released under a permissive license like MIT, but I need another user to confirm

Yes, I blew through them in a week.

I honestly can't imagine him not making it FOSS. Blow and Muratori obviously want to convert the most people they can to doing software their way with the hundreds of hours of videos they put out. And Jai has no chance of succeeding as a closed-off proprietary platform. What's he gonna do, make a bunch of gamedev shops adopt it for a fuckhuge fee and call it a day?

I wonder if he's going to release the Sokoban code since he streamed large portion of code on streams and larger Jai project could be interesting reference

I think he said very recently that he's going to release it "but not all of it so that Android cloners won't copy-paste it and release it on Play Store" or something like that. My memory is not very reliable though.

I also recall that. I'm fairly certain he's going to include it as a tutorial/learning-resource

HolyC is more like original BASIC in C syntax

What about ziglang.org?

zig repository has 600k loc, there as some giant opencl bindings file, without those fishy giant files that are probably generated it as 350k
last time I'v seen Jon check the like count of Jai it was 40k, that guy is really into the right kind of minimalism

STOP STARING AT ME

>12 days of videos
>0 pages of text
What a meme

Seriously, does he talk about Jai in those videos, or general useful programming and language design topics? Why isn't there a write up, video is a bad medium for technical content.