This deeply satisfies my autism

raptorcs.com/content/TL2WK2/intro.html
youtu.be/lTmtHn2_8Eg
>Open source hardware
>Open source software
>Open source firmware
>No IME, BIOS or UEFI shitely coded
Sudo apt-get freedom
Why can't IBM make laptops and desktops?
I wanna support a non retarded company

Attached: talosii.jpg (770x577, 45K)

Fuck Macbook's
This is absolutely worth buying

The only good thing about the talos workstation is the case because it was made by supermicro but even so if I was going to blow money in one I would go for the 747 model with the dual epyc board and redundand 1.6kw psus.
But whatever floats your boat hipster freetard who probably sucks BSD cock while talking shit about linux.

No
I use linux
BSD free Mac

I love everything about that except the $5000 pricetag

OP here
I feel the same
I would still rather buy this over a iShit any day however

>POWER
This is still nice tho
I wonder if anyone has made a modern SPARC-based desktop PC

Attached: 1523360028230.jpg (470x501, 57K)

The GNU tards recommend this
I found a link on the trannyboot website
(Yeah, I know she hates the GNU community)

>IBM

Attached: 19247771_1407352729355005_6843728973838846044_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=05c0df36f3a278ac27d5ff3edf3babe (960x639, 104K)

Stallman says this is not FSF approved

what kind of adobe premier performance can we expect?

>Jow Forums hates Apple users because they "fall for retarded marketing and shitty overpriced products with poverty specs"
>Jow Forums loves this Raptor POWER system

Attached: mlzvu4j04wfz.jpg (720x718, 22K)

Idk
Install windows server???

Yeah
Also 10+ year old lenovo and IBM thinkpads
Because muh freedom

>over five minutes of some jerkoff who still lives with his parents blabber about some shit computer nobody is going to buy
wew

Attached: mfw.jpg (462x462, 33K)

I'd get one of these if I didn't just buy one recently.

Dude this is Jow Forums
We all still live with our parents

I use a 5 year old thinkpad with windows 10 because it's cheap and the battery life is pretty good

There's a handful of non-autists in /tpg/ I promise

zero

I dont

They also call young kids "boomers", everything that has a feature they don't like is either bloat or a botnet, if you don't agree then you're an Indian street shitter, or a paid shill for the competing company, and if you don't like everything they like then you're a nümale sóyboy even though they jerk off to trannies and Chinese cartoons like absolute pathetic beta faggots.

This is the absolute state of Jow Forums. And yet, we're both still here anyway.

Attached: 1526584317354.jpg (400x675, 184K)

shut up

dash: 4: Sudo: not found

ECKS-EON

Attached: 1480459604035.jpg (201x201, 9K)

> Why can't IBM make laptops and desktops?
This is basically a desktop. They have a 1-socket version, and you don't have to buy their enterprise class ECC RAM, memeium SSDs or dual PSUs if you're not using it for enterprise purposes.

Last I checked a lite system with a powerful CPU would cost me less than $2000 all told, which is impressive.

>apt

Attached: 1494201636428.jpg (339x532, 32K)

>Why can't IBM make laptops and desktops?
They used to but didn't make any money from them. So the contracted them out to Lenovo to try to reduce production costs.
That didn't work and there was a ferocious lobby within IBM who thought the PC was a bad fit for IBM and wanted out. So they sold the PC division to Lenovo.
The PC was a volume product, a commodity. IBM had no internal systems to handle volume products since the exited the Office Products market. The admin systems were set up for single box sales or maybe a bunch of related boxes, all serialized. No way they could handle retail.

That’s funny. People here talk trash Apple all the time for their price policies but they don’t bat an eye on spending 7K bucks on a power hungry machine with 40 cores weaker than an Intel Atom or AMD Geode.

apt is comfy please elaborate

That chink girl(boy) is a dude right?

It's a bargain m8

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-30_21-17-06.png (1019x864, 166K)

The iMac pro has the advantage of being faster than a raspberry pi.

Attached: D5EAEE5B-1217-4250-B2F5-CD10BFA59BBD.jpg (1668x2144, 1.03M)

The state of Jow Forums.

So its the same price as but with a shitty GPU and 4 times less SSD space.

If you remove the optionals like the Final Cut and Logic Pro and the VESA mount the iMac Pro is way cheaper.

Inb4 the price of muh freedoms

>Open source hardware
>Open source software
>Open source firmware
>No IME, BIOS or UEFI shitely coded
>no software
>housefire
>no vydia
>no wangblows

Attached: 1527703145793.jpg (802x842, 87K)

You forgot:
>POWER w/ 4 way hyperthreading, 22 core
>5KH/s Monero CPU only benchmarks
>190 Watt TDP
>Dual socket

This is is H O T S T U F F

Attached: 1526030323300.png (394x520, 156K)

Truthfully this is a fair price for the non enterprise system. People regularly pay out the ass for laptops and even the iMac, this isn't so bad.

i need this

>Freedom
>Costs ten times more than non-free stuff

It's more like the price of having a niche CPU architecture.

Would buy if I had enough money.

i really hope they will offer a model with a more decent price tag. 5k is pretty bold for a machine with a limited audience, when you can become the next superstar among the oss community with a 2k machine.

Lite chassis with a 8 core CPU is under $2k. You just need to have your own RAM and storage already, or you can save like $300 or so by going 4 core and add some RAM (not from Raptor through since you don't need ECC).

well then, i'll have a closer look at it!

>comfy

Attached: 1527234133636.jpg (680x543, 39K)

Fucking Normie

> IBM
> Non-retarded
The good old days are long gone.

>Open source hardware
what in the fuck does that even mean?

Off the shelf
Anyone can buy

Learn to electrical fucking newbie

why would you only put 2 usb ports on the front, why not like 10

Isn't Open Hardware supposed to mean that the full specifications and circuit diagrams, etc. are freely available for anybody to implement as they will?

This too

Keyboard
Mouse

What the fuck else do you honestly need?

you know, like a usb stick, external hard drives, phones, cameras ...

Dude
You're on Jow Forums
We both know you don't get shit done and don't have a life outside of computers
Quit pretending otherwise

I don't. But I feel like all of you guys are my friends and this is the only place in the internet where I feel good

Who the fuck plugs keyboard and mouse to front ports?

>Why can't IBM make laptops and desktops?
Get this through your dense fucking heads already you autists.
Every single evil or anti-consumer practice in this industry was pioneered, researched and developed at IBM.

Attached: 1527194183995.jpg (710x649, 104K)

We need more architectures in the PC market.
Windows on ARM is a good start but I want to see POWER and maybe even MIPS on desktops again.

Attached: 9h1zvuzpyoi01.jpg (1080x1032, 196K)

IBM is a fucking shit dying company losing billions every year that makes nothing good at all and power is an utter meme platform that nobody uses