EU Member States agree on monitoring & filtering of internet uploads

edri.org/eu-member-states-agree-on-monitoring-filtering-of-internet-uploads/
archive.is/qoaPu
>On 25 May, the European Council agreed to a negotiating position on the draft copyright directive. This will allow the presidency of the Council to start negotiations with the European Parliament on mass monitoring and filtering of internet uploads and a chaotic new “ancillary copyright” measure that will make it harder to link to and quote news sources.

>Despite a large number of demands from a wide range of different stakeholders (including EDRi and Copyright for Creativity) to keep working on the text in order to create some semblance of balance, the Council decided to finalise its position with a flawed text. This position, as well as the mandate to the Council to negotiate, was voted against by Germany, Finland, the Netherlands, Slovenia, Belgium and Hungary. [Update on 30 May]

>Now it is the turn of the European Parliament to adopt its negotiating position. The Legal Affairs committee of the European Parliament (JURI) is voting on 20 and 21 June to agree on their standpoint. There is still time to act to prevent the most dangerous parts of the proposal. In the table below and here, you can find the mapping prepared by the MEP Julia Reda on where political parties in the EP stand regarding both the snippet tax and the censorship machine proposals. Due to the relative size of the groups and the splits in some of them, the balance is in favour of these measures, so there is a realistic danger that these policies can become law.

Attached: trash.jpg (757x568, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

edri.org/secret-documents-reveal-bnd-attacked-tor-and-advises-not-to-use-it/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

so much for that gdprshill meme that the eu is against corporations.

And they were doing so well with GDPR

cant wait to leave this doomed political union.

Attached: farage.jpg (580x386, 41K)

Maybe this will teach people to do what they should have been doing ever since Snowden in 2013: Using Tor hidden services.

Oh no I just made another 7zip file, guess they better add that hash to the banned list!

Such a shitty country. Seriously, I would hold their citizens innocent in my house if they decided to get violent against their rulers. I don't house animals.

>t. tla exit node operator

links actually can be filtered on an isp level

edri.org/secret-documents-reveal-bnd-attacked-tor-and-advises-not-to-use-it/

Sorry
Appelbaum is gone
Tor has been infiltrated
it's compromised

If EU agrees on this while having GDPR then... WTF? EU itself will violate GDPR?

What OP wants you to belive
>EU Member States agree on monitoring & filtering
What is actually happening
>Agreed to negotiate

some European countries have constitution incompatible with internet monitoring, one of them is Germany.

>THE NSA CONTROLS ALL THE NODES!!!!!
This has always been known

ah yes, witty comments on freedom from the country with cctv cameras in every corner and known for putting people in prison for tweets

The Dutch constitution also forbids censorship before publication.
But the Dutch constitution is enforced by the senate, whos sole purpose is to check the constitution, and not by (European) judges.

UK already has this in full force, leaving won't change a damned thing.

>And they were doing so well with GDPR

>When Eurotard subhumans think that a government ever has their best interests in mind

Goddamn no wonder you smoothbrains live in third world countries

My country voted against it but it will still be enforced. What the fuck is this Jewery.

>Goobermant is ebul
Thanks yakeelander, now go get that Pepsi endorsed drugs!

I've reported you to the EU and your local government for hate speech

Enjoy going to the clink for 20 years

Where I can find who vote against it?

Attached: 1515891349656.jpg (590x731, 34K)

>mass monitoring and filtering of internet uploads
>uploads
Torrent fags on suicide watch.

Must suck to live in a totalitarian shithole, can't even get any free gibs on the interwebz

>the eu is a country

Attached: 1512287655455.png (936x772, 28K)

Don't forget that the the Dutch Constitution is malleable af

It might as well be, it's essentially the Fourth Reich.

It actually isn't. First you need a law to change the constitution (for which you need a majority in both houses and it needs to be signed by the King). Then reelections. And then you need a 2/3th majority in parliament and a 2/3th majority in the senate. Many constitutional proposals stand here. And in theory politicians always run the risk of getting in trouble over trying to change the constitution.

In practise the media just doesn't pay attention to constitutional changes and people don't even know they play a role during the elections.

*strand here

> single currency
> single market
> sovereign government
> soon their own army
> not a country
Do you not understand how federal systems work?

> 2/3th
> two thirth

Why does the EU have its own national anthem?

> single currency
Please get your facts right

>act like they have the high ground and ban companies from tracking people on the internet
>vote to bring forth laws that enable them to track everything you do

LOL

Attached: 1469656490556.png (166x166, 14K)

I did. That’s why I listed market and currency separately.

fuck you. i did not chose them. I have no choice in what these retards do. But if i got the choice to put them in a gas chamber and press the button i will be sure to smash it

Yes, we already heard that one months ago. Now go back to stuffing yourself with burgers.

Attached: eL7_BFQW3XfTroeyzv9KqX8CaaWStPn-xjKF44qqHxY.jpg (640x427, 46K)

Some countries still have their own currency in place

Governments create and protect monopolies. It's the goberment.

It's almost as if the EU was a conglomerate of different governments which are a conglomerate of representatives of different people.

not a conglomerate of governments, but of corporations
GDPR is there to kill small businesses who can't deal with the changes financially

>tfw you realize GDPR wasn't to hurt Google and Facebook, but to make them all powerful
Thank you based EU! Much love from sunny California!

Attached: 1631031a.jpg (620x388, 69K)