The great debate

the great debate

Attached: 14836265986910.jpg (1366x768, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

packages.debian.org/sid/firefox
pastebin.com/UAMbedfH
github.com/koalaman/shellcheck)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>blocks your path

Attached: gen2.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Just installed manjaro today to try it. Does it also use pacman? I've only used GUI things

Parabola is better.

i had to put that into my cringe compilation

posted from my arch laptop

Attached: snapd.png (1148x1043, 1.01M)

sure gentoo always wins the award for most meme distro and most useless distro singlehandedly. arch which is somewhat good can't stand a chance next to this JOKE.

debian sid > all of those

Yes

just hopped from memejaro to arch

enjoy your outdated packages

Attached: 1526978797828.jpg (2048x1145, 289K)

pic related
minimalist fag will hate it
productive chad just use it

Attached: best2.png (400x333, 52K)

>spits in your eye

Attached: file.png (2000x2000, 98K)

go away landuke

>the virgin spit

daily reminder (((any))) fork ins't a real distro

Attached: saycheese.jpg (350x350, 35K)

sid gets packages just as quickly, if not more so, than any of those

What do they differ in? Just the repos?

>firefox 52
what was that again?

one comes (((minimal))) install and the other with 2k+ packages you won't use 90% of it

*** SCROT *** yep this ones going my /home/shrek/Pictures/cringe

don't use a meme distro, use debian sid if you want a rolling release, debian stable otherwise

you sir, are a faggot

Cent and Fedora are real.

Yeah I guessed that, but you can just uninstall or install whatever you want. I meant the system itself, is it exactly the same?

both generic memes, nothing more, nothing less

if you can't install arch(a few command lines) im sorry but the (((faggot))) is (You)

Attached: cringescrot.jpg (800x800, 106K)

>doesn't know how to install newer version

>arch
pacman -S firefox
>debian
add testing/unstable aources, do a bunch of other shit and still only get version 53

im literally LMAOING @ UR LYFE RN

jokes on you
I just switched from memejaro to arch today

are you (((virgin)))?

>installing firefox
what other deprecated software you install?

>>firefox 52
>packages.debian.org/sid/firefox
>60.0.1-5
I don't know what you're talking about either.

no I'm not giving you my virginity rajesh (its already gone sorry buddy)

I have arch on my laptop but when it came the time to install gnu linux on my desktop, I went with antergos. it's pretty nice and didn't have as much hassle as arch. the installer still fails hf the time, though. I've been recommending manjaro to friends who want to get away from the botnet for a while and it works quite well for them.

I usually like having a lightweight WM on my laptop like i3 and then a full fledged DE like kde or xfce for the desktop, comfiest setup. Manjaro is amazing, never tried antergos tho, how are you finding it?

op here; this is where I am
have Arch already on my laptop but I'm building a new computer and am trying to decide if I want to put Arch or Antergos/Manjaro on it

just install debian

I'd rather not

>if you can't handle it insult it
Absolute brainlet.

How long until I can install Arch GNU ?

Attached: w sub l.jpg (750x597, 47K)

you're supposed to put your wangblows INSIDE your linux, user
not the other way around

Linux is a kernel. You put modules in it.

use antergos but take a quick look at their github to fix the installer, it has some problems with broken mirrors. just delete a file and edit another and you're good to go
I think it's amazing. I really like kde and lightdm is way better than sddm imo. just untick anything that has to do with installing package in the installation. like I said earlier, the installer fails half the time but when it does, it's a darn stable system. plus, you can turn it into pure arch if you want to

how about i put my finsocks inside the wangdicks inside weenix

Antergos is Arch with an installer.
Manjaro is Arch Stable.
Arch isn't too bad, yes it occasionally breaks but the devs are quick to fix everything. It feels like a normal distro once you get everything setup. I use it as my daily driver with KDE.

>being this much of a brainlet
Gentoo is unironically a good distro

>Antergos
enjoy being labeled as "cant install arch"
>Arch
enjoy your broken packages
>Manjaro
enjoy more broken packages above arch's broken packages
Although, Arch already fixed it by that time but we cant release it on Manjaro yet because it's "unstable"

Arch - For most experienced people
Manjaro - For people who want something that juss werks
Antergos - For niggers

Wrong.

Guys, please r8 my improvised Arch install
pastebin.com/UAMbedfH (too long to post it inside code brackets here)

Attached: makepkg-not-war.jpg (768x1024, 111K)

I just installed Antergos today with XFCE. It's fantastic, I'm just a bit too lazy to install Arch the regular way at this point in time.

>sour grapes

forgot to enable wifi after reboot

Needs error handling and more interactivenes. I'd create a function like this

function exit_error(){
case "$1" in
0)
echo 'x failed'
;;
1)
echo 'y failed'
;;
2)
echo 'z failed'
esac
exit
}
ping 1.1.1.1 -c1 -w5 >/dev/null || exit_error 0
Kind of thing, and you could create functions for specific blocks like creating and mounting filesystems then have the exit_error called for the single function instead of individual commands. There's a couple other minor things I'd change but I think shellcheck (github.com/koalaman/shellcheck) would provide more info

Forgot ;; after the 2nd option but you get the idea. Also I prefer this over set -e since it's more robust and you don't neccessarily exit if you can find workarounds for a failed command.

it's not a script, but merely a "guide", so I don't need error handling

There's already a million guides on how to install arch. Also shit like this sed -E -i 's~^#?\s*GRUB_ENABLE_CRYPTODISK=.*~GRUB_ENABLE_CRYPTODISK=y~' /etc/defaults/grub isn't easier to type (since it's a guide apparently), than telling the user to vim the /etc/defaults/grub vile and modify said line. Now stop damage controlling, your script is trash.

it wasn't meant as a guide, hence the quotation marks... I was asking you to r8 my improvised arch install, nothing more, nothing less... and that's why I included sed, to let you know what was exactly changed.
you're just a typical fgt on Jow Forums, who's talking shit and interpreting everything in deeply nested layers of sarcasm and trolling...

No you're just a dipshit that can't even manage bash scripting so you call it a guide to avoid getting buttblasted.

ok, if you say so, didn't know I had to be taught by a retard like you who read this as an automated script or a guide

I'm not a sadist so I'm not gonna bully you. Seriously though just look at my first post and accept the advice I've given you. Bash is the easiest language you could ever learn.

I know bash and have already written lots of scripts with various levels of complexity. if it was meant as a bash script, I had used a proper shebang at the top

Then I unironically believe it's the worst guide I've seen to install arch. Do you actually expect people to copy-paste this:
sed -E -i 's~^HOOKS=.*~HOOKS=(base udev autodetect keyboard keymap consolefont modconf block encrypt lvm2 filesystems fsck)~' /etc/mkinitcpio.conf
When you could've easily made it a script by adding a few more things? Also they're gonna have to type it out as well since it's a fucking tty. Or maybe they could ssh into it or do it via a VM. I'm really just trying to understand what you're thinking but I can't stoop to that level of retardation.

I'm done talking to you...
I already said it was neither a script, not a guide, just MY recent install with precise config descriptions, instead of just writing a comment "I edited bla bla here and there".
Read my comments before you're replying to nonsense. But as I've also already said, you're a typical Jow Forumstard who's sitting on a high horse and is interpreting everything in deeply nested layers of trolling.

So you're just a narccisstic ego whore looking for attention? Glad we were able to clear that up.

just install mint
>let these autismo-fa(g)os have their regular knee igor spergouts

He's using gentoo now on his atom CPU notetaking book

i've only used ubuntu and kali. what would i like as a daily driver? what would a learn a lot from setting up? two answers please.

revenge os
anarchy linux

ARTIX

I enjoy Antergos, we should all be making fun of people who use Windows really. Anyone that thinks I'm a faggot is projecting his own insecurities.

antergos is pretty fucking nice and I'll never install arch manually again because I actually have shit to do.

Lolwut? CentOS is not a Form but a 1:1 Red Hat clone.

Have you ever tried Gentoo? I think it's way better than Arch. Emerge shits on Pacman any time and OpenRC is better than systemd.

up until recently, I've always used arch. but i've had this problem of my files getting corrupted everytime I set up a new machine. it could very well be my hard drives, but my files don't get corrupted when I install antergos or an Ubuntu derivative on my machine.

now I'm just waiting for KDE neon or elementart os to update to 18.04

/thread

this niBBa knows what's up

left: arch for people without autism
right: arch's ubuntu

Last time i tried to install Antergos the installer crashed and the install failed. Come to think of it i haven't successfully installed Antergos even once. Manjaro works every time

>Emerge shits on Pacman any time
In what regard?

>Antergos tries to provide an installer for Arch
>Ends up as the worst installer out of any GNU/Linux distro
It's like pottery

Gentoo is used by lots of commercial shit while arch is literally a "proud hobbbyist distro, muh bleeding edge"

It's more customizable (make.conf, USE flags) and has better, more sane, options.