When will wireless power become a thing? I'm tired of keyboards and mice having cables...

When will wireless power become a thing? I'm tired of keyboards and mice having cables, but I don't want to deal with batteryshit.

Attached: th?id=OIP.l1Ayh_gt-ZNdO8lgk4bCrQHaHH&pid=Api.jpg (474x455, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

logitechg.com/en-gb/product/powerplay-wireless-charging
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nikki tesla could do it at any distance
problem is, power companies couldn't monitor who used how much power so we just kinda pretended we can't since then

Too bad he got jewed to starvation by the happy merchant Thomas Edison

No he couldn't, while tesla was on his wireless power goose chase marconi used the same concepts to come up with the actually useful invention of fucking wireless communication.

Tesla did some important shit but his mental state had clearly began to degrade. The guy was in love with pigeons, regularily electrocuted himself, and claimed to made a motor that runs on cosmic rays.

at the beginning of the 2000s there were mice that were pseudo wireless, they drew their power out of the mousepad. the mousepad was then connected to the computer. infinite "battery", so to speak. most of these things were also usable as drawing tablets and had pens with with them in the box.

>The guy was in love with pigeons
>I know because I've been there and have seen him

Just put your computer to Sleep or Hibernate.
You can turn it on with your a click from your wireless mouse

it already is
just not for consumer grade electronics

Attached: photo19.jpg (600x656, 32K)

right now logitechg.com/en-gb/product/powerplay-wireless-charging

Yeah, with wireless electricity, you would literally fry any electronics not in a farday cage.

>the guy invented a practical method of transmitting power wirelessly without resorting to modern tricks like tracking the device
>I know because I've been there and have seen it

What was he like?

>claimed to made a motor that runs on cosmic rays.

Isn't that essentially what solar powered generators can do?

Tall

Cosmic rays are really fast moving particles that come from space in all different directions. They get shot out from supernovas and shit. Not to be confused with solar rays which are just light.

Marconi used 19 of teslas patents. Later on in 1943 the patents were upheld by the supreme court. So Tesla did it first .

Tesla is the reason you have power in your home right now.
He's the reason you have any of the technology you're surrounded by.
If it wasn't for alternating current that he pioneered we would live in a very different world.

One of his biggest projects, the one that broke him was to provide free wireless power to anyone on the planet using the Magnetosphere of the Earth.
He claimed the sun charged the Earths magnetosphere (which he was talking about before anyone knew it existed). His idea was to tap into that charge and direct it, meaning we would have an unlimited wireless power source, provided by the sun.

Sadly when his plan of providing free power got out, his financier JP Morgan was unhappy and pulled funding.Tesla spent years trying to get more backers before he eventually had to give it up.

It turns out that rich businessmen are not interested in giving the public free power. Why would they be when they can continue to squeeze us with fossil fuels.

He built a hydro electric power plant at Niagara falls, was friends with a lot of celebs of the day. Hosted big parties for them. Built an earthquake machine, built a 'death ray' that could shoot down planes, he wanted to end wars and he built lots of other awesome gear.

All that and the thing that gets mentioned here is a throwaway line about how he loved to feed pigeons in the park when he was a very old man and that he loved a white one in particular.

He changed the world and made it a hell of a lot better. If he had been allowed to continue we would have free wireless power and who knows what else.

Attached: 1306355-tesla.jpg (474x640, 47K)

Edison was based and actually changed the world. Tesla was a mentally ill commie who let himself get cucked.

>TFW we aren't living in the Dimension W timeline where they find infinite wireless power

The battery life of wireless mice is like 6 months nowadays

Its too bad that the Wardenclyffe Tower wasn't abe to be finished properly. As I recall, the early experiments about sending wireless power and wireless communications actually worked, but thanks to the wealthy fucking him over, never got to proceed to the next stage.

Westinghouse took the small amount of research that he actually wrote down/showed to them and basically used it to launch their business, while 90% of what he was working on died with him, sadly. SSome of it was because he was just kind of aspie and others were because Edison's goons were always trying to steal his shit and fuck him up.

Tesla was the Electric Jesus.

Its a longshot anyone here will remember but since we're discussing it....

Anyone hear about the DOE (or military?) electrical/power research station that supposedly exists/existed in subterranean Alaska (some say it is the cause of the Alaskan Bermuda Triangle where lots of planes go down and electrical things go haywire)?

Every so often I can remember that there was discussion about it and while most is typical conspiracy theory stuff, I do remember there was the report of someone who claimed to work there talking to his kid would always scoff at the energy bill and say "Fuck years ago we had basically endless power safely and they're still screwing people over and keeping it under wraps". There was report of people from that installation involved in some sort of TV news story "bump" (ie Thing happened, film at 10) that was reported in Anchorage and they managed to track down a producer (confirmed to work there etc) at the time who said there were multiple times they went to run varying stories when gov't officials came in and said "No you don't, give us all your shit related to X). This was confirmed to happen to multiple TV news productions as I recall and often had to do with Elmendorf AF base (including supposed UFO activity) but there's at least one incident about this DOE energy research facilit further to the north by far.

you're in luck linus just did a video on it

HAARP?