Why did transparent electronics fall out of style?

Why did transparent electronics fall out of style?

Attached: ThinkPadMuseum_7.jpg (936x527, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/5/31/17412658/xiaomi-transparent-mi8-explorer-edition-internal-phone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because no one cares how technology works anymore

I remember being a kid in early 90s. Those fake gamepads with transparent plastic were a magnet for pussy.

1. see 2. aluminum is a better heat distributor
3. transparent plastic is less durable than aluminum, so unless you're using a cheapshit chinkbook, its the clear choice.

Transparent = plastic
Shitty heat dissipation + plastic = lawsuit

or rather, the opaque choice

Attached: carlos2.jpg (500x367, 20K)

i'm gonna fucking murder you, carlos

Attached: 8ED5BA74FE_preview.png (640x640, 461K)

Seeing the internals scares normalfags

Attached: image.jpg (336x442, 108K)

black case meme

It was a cheap late 90s fad.

based carlos poster

>transparent plastic is less durable than aluminum
categorically untrue

What's a computer lmao

Because there's no transparents metals you twatt.

>categorically unture
denotationally false

Aluminum says hello.

Aluminium compounds for 500, Alex.

It's spelt "ALUMINUM", m8.

>denotationally false
exponentially maybe

Not even nigger ameritard dictionaries spell it "aluminum".

Learning something about materials first!
Aluminum has some nice properties but this bitch bends, gets dirty and dissipates heat reasonably well, which implies hot spots or burn areas.
Plastics in general may be more durable for the long run depending on the way you use it. But there is a wide variety to chose and analisis may get over complicated for a /g thread.
A good point is that plastic cases are easier to design in a way to be replaceable, mainly because it tends to be more versatile and also you do not try to use it as a heat dissipator.

Material strength doesn't matter for this application. Just make it thicker until it's the same strength.

But polycarbonate is much more suitable for laptops, than aluminium. It doesn't bend (it returns to its original state), and it is just cheaper.

Stainless steel laptops when.

Too heavy.

By that same logic we should just use thousands of meters of feathers or cloth for everything instead of metal.
Idiot.

Plastic is useless for RF shielding.

yeah why
I always liked them

It's rare but it exists. Gotta have an eye for it.

Because that shit looked ugly as fuck

imagine how much dust average normie has in their laptop.
now imagine seeing all that dust all the time.
also recently I found some old 00's see-through plastic electronics. some of them have weird brown thing in places that were touched a lot. I guess this kind of plastic collects oils.

No one ever cared except autists.

Attached: 1495020929261.jpg (393x391, 47K)

Attached: heh.png (900x900, 201K)

>GameBoy Color
>N64
>GameBoy Advance
>eMacs at school
I fucking loved the colored transparent/translucent of technology back then. I would but a PC case like that if I could, unfortunately it's either 100% transparent glass or tempered glass.

Only time I seen transparent casing was for prototypes.

I love this, where can one get a transparent thinkpad?

..carlos

Attached: eyyy.jpg (266x211, 16K)

I'll let you know when the EMP goes off, because this hasn't affected anyone else in 30 years

bu they are having a coming back user

Attached: Xiaomi-Mi-8-Explorer-Edition1-1024x640.jpg (1024x640, 135K)

LMAO

>Xiaomi’s transparent Mi 8 Explorer Edition might not show the real internals

>theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/5/31/17412658/xiaomi-transparent-mi8-explorer-edition-internal-phone

It was never in style.

how many of those components are
1) UV/visible spectrum stable(not as much as you think)
2) Dust build up like user said earlier
3) Clear plastics and materials usually transmit heat pretty directly/instead of dissipating it along the entire surface(materials almost don't matter)
4) Clear Glass or PLASTIC is the only choice for this design feature, clear aluminum/metals are and will continue to be too expensive for said design choice. Plastic and Glass are NOT good body housing choices for most electronics.
5) Now the system designers need to make the internals LOOK GOOD TOO, how much do you bet that the system will run as well as you would normally expect???

>Update May 31st, 10:05am: Updated post to include and reflect Xiaomi’s statement to The Verge that that Mi 8 Explorer Edition does showcase the actual parts on the back of the phone, contradicting the company’s earlier description of the device.

Carlos!!