My clip+'s internal flash memory just went ghost. Booted into recovery and its returning 4Mb storage...

My clip+'s internal flash memory just went ghost. Booted into recovery and its returning 4Mb storage... Looking at this circuit board itd be a major bitch identifying and replacing the flash. Bummer, this is one of my most favorite devices I've owned, they don't make it anymore, and rockbox has some features I don't think I want to go without. Anyone got any guides for fixing this thing or recommendations for a decently priced/sized/rockbox compatible mp3 player that's still being made?

Attached: th[1].VkETy0utybTO4nrxMWLL4wHaGx&pid=Api.jpg (474x433, 21K)

no more mp3tards on Jow Forums?

Just buy a used one. These cuties are getting old and they're harder to find. It'll cost you ~$50 for this model. They have newer models. Mine is still chugging. If that happened to me, I wouldn't bother replacing the memory

god im really considering it, but i also kind of want to know how well the benjie t6/agptek rocker port is performing because maybe it wouldnt be a bad time to get something a little newer

I still have mine: it's a first edition with rockbox, almost 10 years old by now I think. Fucking great device.

It performs great for being a pretty new port but still lacking compared to the Clip+.
For starters bluetooth doesn't work which is a feature of this device (i don't care about bluetooth at all but it's a thing) and battery life is only "okay" with around eight hours of continuous FLAC playback. I still like it a lot though, pic related my rockboxed T6.

Attached: a.jpg (440x500, 123K)

i also have a sansa clip. best portable music player for FLAC. didnt realize they are so expensive now they used to be like 15 on ebay now people want anywhere from 50 to 200

Bought it for $20 two years ago. One of my best things I've ever purchased in my life.

screens, where we are going we dont need screens

> 5.6mhz DSD
> Big analogue knob
> 3 buttons and switch
> $50

PERFECTION

Attached: z2.jpg (3264x2448, 1.18M)

You just have to cycle through entire albums like that? Seems tedious

>want to listen to that one song
>next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next

>used to be like $15
the good times

Which model you have?

Still have pic related for the nostalgia.

On one hand I really like having a dedicated slimline music device but on the other hand I don't want to end up being that old fucker who is still trying to buy a radio or vhs player in 2018.

I also have an iPhone 8 which I love. Will probably get the XI in september but for the meantime my nano 4g is a nice nostalgia trip while my lightning earphones are broken (out of warranty)

Attached: iu[1].jpg (750x1000, 47K)

>most favorite

back to school retard

I love my rockboxed clip zip. I'd say get another, but there are newer options now.

Is it permanently on shuffle?
>accepts 256GB microSD
>supports wav, flac, iso
pretty good
cue too?

This thread is making me realize that I should have bought a few hundred of them when they were cheap.
All of my family would have bought one including myself, and all of Jow Forums would be paying a premium right now.

vhs players have been replaced by superior alternatives. Music players have been tagged on to smartphones, but they're worse now.

Just had a conversation with someone about music players and phones.
Either you stream everything, have a only few hundred songs, or have a SD card.
Well nothing has a SD card anymore, so what do you do if you are going camping or somewhere you cant bust out your laptop?

Nothing, no music for you.

Just download streamed music and store in locally on your phone. You can do this with both spotify and apple music.

You can store far far more than a few hundred songs.

Most people don't notice the extra sound quality above a 320kbps MP3 and don't want to carry an extra device around just for small increases in audio fidelity.

I was hoping I'd run into someone that had it. Can you test if it has working replaygain and car adapter mode features for me? Or do you know if they will ever be developed for this port? Probably my favorite two features about rockbox.

Same as pictured but it says sandisk instead of sansa

Mine died too. Ended up getting a new one, but I don't think this one will last very long so I'm considering getting a T6.

*new one = used one

I'm in the same boat, if I buy another refurbished this will be my third clip+ and while I'm not opposed to that in any way, I'm starting to wonder if these devices are on their way out altogether... I could see one lasting for another 3-4 years but I want something long term that wont just stop turning on one day on me again I suppose. If I had someone with a rockbox'd t6 I would love to ask them some questions about available settings, replaygain, car adapter mode, random directory switching and playlist limits mainly.

>replaygain
works fine, no issues.
>car adapter mode
it half-works, playback stops successfully when the power is cut off but doesn't seem to resume when power is turned back on.

>half-works, playback stops successfully when the power is cut off but doesn't seem to resume when power is turned back on.

Thanks! That kinda sucks but getting out of the car is the part I'm most worried about anyway, are they still working on this port? Is there random directory switching (short then long press skip on clip+), and can you check the largest playlist limit in the settings for me?

>largest playlist limit
Available to choose between 1000 to 32k, 10k by default
>random directory switching
Elaborate, short then long press skip doesn't do anything but maybe i need to activate something in options. I'm curious because it seems like an useful feature i didn't knew about.

Playback settings. Auto change directory. Set it to random. Then go into plug-ins and find random folder advanced configuration to make a folder list. Go into playing then click skip then long click skip real quick like. It should skip to a random folder

Neat, didn't know about that and yeah it works.

Nothing perssonnel, kid

Well damn, did you own a clip+ ever, if so what do you think of it in comparison? Bluetooth means nothing to me but this player looks nice, any qualms? Have you messed with themes and font at all?

>did you own a clip+ ever
Yeah, it was before the rockbox 3.14 update which doubled the clip+ battery life though. The T6 has been so far like a bigger clip+ with worse battery life and of course without the signature clip, same solid feel in hand too, supports up to 256GB microSD cards and it's easy to disassemble if you need to replace the battery or something in the future.
>any qualms?
Battery life feels pretty mediocre for a 600mAh battery, volume steps in this Rockbox build are pretty small at 0.1 (you need to press ten times to go from let's say -40 to -41dB) and the back is made of a glass-like material and it's a fingerprint magnet.
>Have you messed with themes and font at all?
Yeah, using a custom theme with the Sazanami Mincho font for my weeaboo song titles and the custom background i made here , there are a couple of themes in the rockbox site for the T6 too.

I wound up getting the agptek rocker v2 due to it being the same hardware, having next day shipping and meeting all my required features, thanks a ton user

it's easy to disassemble-ish, you need to carefully pry the glass up to get at the guts, but no screws or micro cables. Wouldn't be difficult to 3d print a new case for.

With the amount of space those meme DSD are taking, cycling through them won't be taking that long...

I've had trouble with agptek players not playing tracks in order.

I think this is the first agptek player with Rockbox support, a rockboxed device is entirely different to its stock counterpart.