/ag/ & /am/: audio general & audiophile memes

Even video is allowed Edition

Attached: relax bro.jpg (1600x1200, 226K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cC8aqfAWupg
amazon.com/Philips-SHP9500S-Precision-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B00ENMK1DW
audiogon.com/listings/lis8j3f9-sonus-faber-guarneri-homage-monitors
youtu.be/Ja9BJn0lMxI
mega.nz/#!LUUiUCoI!Dg6mP8E9fbTaF4rEzB4pWqLcpmokJ_0irep7pQl9DZo
worldofmcintosh.com/index.html
avrant.com/listener-advice-rob-w-on-movie-poster-absorption-panels/
spoonflower.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why are certain binding posts so sexay

Attached: PfnJ7jefHjXA.jpg (1000x750, 39K)

Attached: Dynaudio_Evidence_Master-0008.jpg (1280x853, 385K)

Attached: l.jpg (640x480, 93K)

postan qt qAcoustics

Attached: bookshelf-speakers-2-1-top-image-4815-2-1024x512.jpg (1024x512, 47K)

>browsing eBay for vintage turntables
>favela monkey has the gall to ask for $500 buy it now, let alone $269 starting bid for an sl-1200 with a Brazilian flag and New York sticker on it

Is the onkyo A9150 a good upgrade from the teac ai301da?

I want to like Q Acoustics but I feel like their bookshelf speakers wouldn't have any bass. If they can barely go down to 60~ they would need a sub which I don't want.

Is the 3020i any good too?

bump

Attached: 1507575399618.jpg (800x600, 174K)

Garbage.

It's all negatives:
>Spend a bunch on speakers
>Don't have great sound because of the poor room acoustics
>Have a huge stack of expensive McInmeme gear visible so it looks like a manchild living room
>tiny tv

So...
>expensive
>doesn't sound nearly as good as it should
>despite efforts still looks like a manchild living room
>would have a more immersive viewing experience using a mobile phone

Also:
>tubes
>eames chair

Attached: 1521222560895.jpg (390x421, 80K)

Deep bass in an LCR is only really worthwhile to give you crossover options to a subwoofer in my opinion. Where the bass sounds good and even in your room almost always requires having the bass driver in a different position than where your bookshelves are. So when your bookshelves are playing the deep bass, it is basically always a compromise because where you have to put your bookshelves is basically fixed for the directional sound yet for the bass it is not an ideal placement. Full range speakers are a compromise, just get some sats and a subwoofer.

I feel like people think you NEED to run your subwoofer hot, and you don't. Blend them with the mains and it should be seamless. Set the levels with an SPL meter rather than by ear.

>tv dwarfed by all the audio shit
>meme fake candles

youtube.com/watch?v=cC8aqfAWupg

Why aren't there stereo displays with an integrated oscilloscope anymore? This looks awesome.

>dress shoes and baggy jeans

Attached: DJ21ODgX0AEp2IT.jpg (693x1024, 79K)

>wearing shoes indoors

Disgusting

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 219K)

yeah why do people do that?

>come back after a few months
>nice gear with gaudy decor

Hmmmmmmm

I was looking for some headphones and came across Philips SHP9500 in many recommendations. It seems, however, that these are no longer sold.
Could somebody recommend an alternative in similar price range and similar quality?

It's literally on Amazon amazon.com/Philips-SHP9500S-Precision-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B00ENMK1DW but I prefer Beyerdynamic.

Oh, I was on amazon.co.uk and it wasn't listed there. I'll check the Beyerdynamic, meanwhile is there any significant difference between the Phillips S-version and no-S version?

>dipole is back
>still doesn't own STAX

Well amazon.com is a no go. I'm going to pay twice the price on import cost and delivery.
I'd prefer some Europe-available alternatives.

>tfw wanted to own Sonus Faber Guarneri Homage when I was a teenager, it was my dream speaker. Now when I finally can afford a pair they have been replaced by a model that doesn't compel me at all. I even thought the finish looked cheap IRL.

Attached: Sonus-faber-Guarneri-Tradition-hangdoboz_big.jpg (2000x1333, 1.52M)

Eh, can you swing close to 200? DT880s are like 180-200 in the states shipped, not sure about bongland. I prefer the closed back of the DT770 which is similar in price but has the isolation since I only use headphones when travelling. I mean next step up is the Sennheiser HD600 which is almost 300.

If you are trying to get imaging by going with open back it just won't happen, get a pair of speakers.

shp9500 and shp9500S are the same

Attached: shitguide.png (1330x1898, 64K)

buy used? audiogon.com/listings/lis8j3f9-sonus-faber-guarneri-homage-monitors

Not sure what they are worth, very expensive.

They costed about double new back in the day. I will not spend that kind of money on a speaker that old, and it would probably need to be renovated quite soon.

Can someone tell me where those clock dials from OPs pic are from? They look familiar, from a childhood memory of some sort. . .

I wonder what it feels like to be this rich?

Attached: Driver-2.jpg (2657x3543, 479K)

bored out of your mind

They are 165€ for 32 Ohm and 195€ for 250 Ohm. I'm not an audiophile, should I swing extra?

Why the fuck is shit so expensive in europe? Fucking hell man. That's like another 20% extra plus you are probably getting buttfucked in income taxes too so it is even more. Is that with VAT at least?

250-ohm, unfortunately :/ . 32-ohm is for portable devices but that's dumb since they are semi-open anyways, and the price you pay for being easier to drive is that the sound quality isn't as good. The 250-ohm is a good happy medium, pretty easy to drive with a standard amp and you can still use it with a portable device in a pinch.

You might be happy with just a pair of Grado SR 60e's.

So no different than being poor except you have better toys?

Attached: IMG_2555.jpg (4032x3024, 2.14M)

is this an arc reactor ?

The 600 Ohm is cheaper (179€) than 250 Ohm (195€). Should I go for them or is there a catch?
Will check Grados.

I'm fairly wealthy but I'm mostly lonely and suffer from the same stuff other robots do, only with money. So I can play with some more expensive toys and audio gear and drive a nicer car but otherwise it's pretty much life as usual.

The biggest thing money really affords is security. My anxiety is less now that I have a bit of cash stored away. I worry about things like getting old and hurt and having no one to help me if I have to go to the doctor or something. I had to get an endoscopy where they put me out and I lied and said I had someone to take me home (I had no one, Uber was the plan), and when they found out I didn't it was a big deal but they eventually just made sure I got an Uber and wasn't driving. Technically I wasn't legal to release. Most everyone has family or someone to help them but I have no one. With some money if I get into medical problems now I can hire a nurse or something. Still not ideal but better than when I couldn't.

Sorry for the ramble.

Post your system pls

No, it's the magnets on a Raidho bass-driver.
I wish that I had the chance to try the D-1.1
Tried the XT1 at my dealer, but that speaker was just way too small to give me any kind of positive response.

Attached: P1110409_nett.jpg (1600x1200, 226K)

Thoughts? I'm considering them. Haven't auditioned but if these don't impress I'm at a bit of a loss what to get instead.

Attached: IMG_2609.jpg (500x600, 47K)

600 you will not be able to drive with a portable at all. I mean it will make noise but sound like shit as you turn it up more. The reason the 250 is priced highest is because it is the most versatile. If you only use the headphones at a desk plugged into an amp, then the 600 is fine.

I've been meaning to audition Harbeths also. Just never found a dealer.

I'll post when I get home if the thread is still alive.

Spendor, vintage Rogers, restored and reproduction ls3/5a and subwoofer stands.

Are you just a fan of warm British speakers in general or have a fascination with harbeth? Cool cottage industry company but very archiac practices.

Would love to try a pair!
Saw this factory-tour quite a while ago and got quite impressed:
youtu.be/Ja9BJn0lMxI

Attached: M40.1 - AYRE2.jpg (1280x720, 276K)

Ah, alright then. So DT880 Edition (v2015) 250 Ohm should be fine as-is, right? Plug into PC and just werks.

As promised. Shit photo and sorry for the mess, usually I keep that top pretty clean but was re-organizing some things. Meridian DSP5200SEs.

Attached: 2018-05-31 19.11.02.jpg (4032x3024, 1.88M)

>Hd600 and not ad900x/ad1000x
Wew

audiotechnicas are overpriced

> pick one

PreSonus Eris E3.5 - 3.5"
M-Audio AV32
Mackie CR3 CR Series 3"
Edifier R1280T

>inb4 buy headphones
already got the meme ones, i need good nice speakers

I wish I could experience this for a day or a month. I had the thought pop in my mind the other day about where I could live if I wanted to move out and live in an apartment so I can have an entire room for entertainment. Looking at local rent prices, you have to pay $1000+ a month just to have an apartment that doesn't look like it's in a third world country. Friend of mine pays $700 for his apartment with his girlfriend and his complex is ghetto as fuck and the lock on his door barely works. Given I've got my own vintage hi-fi which of course cost a pretty penny, that sort of area is not an option.

After you have a decent pair of headphones, that journey should be done. You are on the right path. That said, you need to raise your budget for any reasonable suggestions for speakers.

I hate if when i'm cooking or eating food or liquid fall on my feet, it's disgusting. Also i have ceramic tiles floor. So i wear shoes indoor

shipping is like $80 from amazon, i'm in central america , so this is my limit for this year, but thanks senpai

You will. Work hard and smart, really put effort into it no matter what you are doing. People will notice, opportunities will open. Think about how you spend your time and calculate what your time is worth. Remember time when you are younger is worth more than when you are older because of opportunity costs, so spend youth wisely. Learn, work, invest, save. Also before I made any money and well into making it I lived with my dad for a really long time. People generally recommend getting out of the house early and that is probably good advice for a social life, but if you can stand it live at home as long as you can but save up. Take that $12k after tax money each year and save it instead of putting it into rent if you can. Savings is so important. Some money in stocks is a good idea too: the average person will not know when and what stocks to buy, but you don't have to because you can buy index funds, and you don't want to put it in at the wrong time therefore you put it in in groups over a period of time - years and years (some years will be good others will be bad but you are young and will do well over a long time).

Slideshow of how to treat bass response in rooms.

rpgacoustic.com/documents/2016/09/low-frequency-control-in-rooms.pdf/

This is great, thanks.

I'm currently living as a NEET. Haven't even scheduled my Network+ exam yet because I've been lazy. Is it best that I get that exam done, start looking for a job that can get me money and start funneling some into a savings account and gather interest on it (if I can)? For apartments, I've read some had saved up to three times the monthly rent, and the price of the security deposit before they moved out and into their apartment of choice.

Hello friends I have a retard question I'm hoping someone could help me with. Is there a way I can set up my Klipsch speakers to my TV and also to my PC through the optical port? I found some optical splitters on Amazon but do they fuck up the audio quality? Since they go through a splitter I assumed there would be some loss of quality. Currently I have them hooked up to my TV through bluetooth but it doesn't sound as good as through the optical

Attached: PIA19048.jpg (2300x1700, 355K)

Stop being lazy. Go get your certs. You have to get motivated and it is a cycle of laziness that is hard to break. But once you break the lazy cycle it is easier to keep going. Schedule your exam tomorrow AM and break the lazy cycle.

Savings is paying jack shit now because interest rates are low, but getting in the habit of saving is critical. You can open an IRA or something to start putting some savings into, then put some other money in index funds. Do some research and make a plan.

I'm going to bed, but, schedule that network test tomorrow morning!

Something else to consider.

mega.nz/#!LUUiUCoI!Dg6mP8E9fbTaF4rEzB4pWqLcpmokJ_0irep7pQl9DZo

Attached: Sound absorption of materials.png (1691x1202, 363K)

sorry u feel like that bro - hope you feel better
sounds like you could use a good woman

Attached: future-.jpg (500x666, 31K)

You will need a receiver of some sort

Legit disappointed in this picture. I was hoping for Mcintosh amps at least

you know you can pay the opposite sex to just hang out with you and keep you company, they're called 'call girls'.

I believe money can buy happiness, but paying people to be with you is no replacement for hanging out with a friend

>replacement
that's exactly what it is.
i refute your double dubs

I have the Klipsch R-15PM. It has everything built into it so there is no need for any sort of mediator

It isn't a replacement.

just use a cable that does it my dude.
RCA to 3.5mm

really cool setup man

It's a shitty replacement. :)

Is this user in this thread?
How did you make these panels? I wanted to do the same but could never find where to get them printed.

Attached: 1527653061847[1].jpg (1936x2582, 1006K)

why would he waste money on Mcintosh amps?

$$ should be spent on room acoustics and higher end speakers which noticeably impact the sound, not cables/dacs/amplifiers which affect the sound to such a negligible point that even trained musicians can't tell a difference in an abx test.

Why would he buy McIntosh amplifiers for active speakers? Meridan is also a high-end brand.

Can you guys recommend a good solid state amp under 500 usd?
I've powered my baby (pic related) with a 4-ish watt EL84 SE so far, and while the sound is amazing, sometimes I find myself wanting more juice. I thought about going for a EL84 push pull but we're talking 10 watt at most.
The speaker sensitivity is about 93 db.
I was thinking Marantz PM6006.

Attached: photo_2018-05-29_17-14-36.jpg (960x1280, 248K)

A 10 watt tube amp would be fine. But probably a lot cheaper to get an SS amp. You could buy an SS amp for quality of life features a tube amp isn't likely to have, such as HDMI pass through, but if your AVR territory the SQ won't be as good.

I'm not sure what's available in your market, but some second hand brands to consider would be Cambridge, Rega, Exposure, Denon and Yamaha. Yamaha a-s700 would be in your budget. It really depends.

probably because the yuropoors have dirt floors

>shoes inside the house
>especialy on a carpet
>especialy on a fluffy carpet like that
Fucking americans

>A 10 watt tube amp would be fine
Do you think so? Actually I don't need any AVR bullshit, just a line in, speaker out and a pot.
I can probably build the EL84 PP for 250-ish €, maybe even less. Would you go for tubes?

nice reflection retard

Attached: 1527738589160.jpg (1600x1200, 388K)

Thanks!

ITT: Poorfags getting mad over a showroom.
worldofmcintosh.com/index.html

meridian eh? cool shit!
ive posted my system a few times but here it is again. im actually selling my speakers now if anyones in the gta/toronto area and wants to take a listen if you're seriously interested in buying let me know

Attached: Oviak0M.jpg (2048x1536, 923K)

McIntosh is cool but I really prefer the digital loudspeaker approach. Those speakers, including the surrounds, are all active. I have outlets at each speaker position. They are connected with a cat5 cable rather than speaker cable. The crossovers are also digital, and then beyond the crossover are individual amplifiers for the drivers. The signal stays in the digital domain as long as possible.

Thank you! Your setup is very cool also. What are you planning on getting after you sell your current speakers?

You might want to try Audiogon, I know a lot of people sell hi-fi stuff there. I have never tried myself but I browse it from time to time just looking at what people are selling.

Not that user, but check this out
avrant.com/listener-advice-rob-w-on-movie-poster-absorption-panels/

I know that vendor spoonflower.com/ won't print movie posters anymore because of copyright, but, I don't think you're looking to do that.

What do you want to replace them with?

>blue lcd

2010 pls

why don't audiophiles solder they cables for true connection?
they buy separate power posts, golden cables, bullshit rooms and power supplies for millions
and simply clamp cables on cold.

Attached: 1515141089412.jpg (640x426, 37K)

It's quite inconvenient. There are some audiophiles that uses some kind of "contact enhancer", like silverpaste.

What? Wearing shoes inside is exclusively an american thing

Because most of them don't know shit about electronics, electricity, or hilariously, even music.

American here. I think shoes inside is disgusting, especially when people have carpet. I think there is a mix of feelings about that here. People with tile floors seem to be more liberal about it, but, I think even that is disgusting.

My dad has a bad back and he wears shoes inside but he has a pair of shoes that are only for inside and he never walks outside with those.

didnt know that there can be so big differences in the sound of amplifiers. my shitty speakers have never sounded as good as they do from this amp.

Attached: P5280001.jpg (2018x582, 365K)

The room does something appreciable and is hard to build right. The other factors are easy to get right and commonplace.
>solder
Some do. It would stop them from tweaking their cables, so they might not even want to.

satan is samefagging

What?

Attached: Screenshot_20180601_132144.png (338x91, 6K)

hello, cellist here.
Can anybody explains me the idea of all this? I am not trolling, real question. will this hear as in the theatre of the world?

Attached: L-oeuvre-de-Mozart-Coffret-170-CD.jpg (400x400, 23K)