Gigabit over WiFi

I've got Comcast gigabit.

How can I get better download speeds over AC Wi-Fi? Ignore the "802.11n", it's actually AC.

Also ignore Intel HD Graphics, I'm waiting on GPU replacement.

Router is Asus AC-68U

Attached: download.png (1327x997, 223K)

install gentoo

You're connected to 2.4 ghz, hence the wireless N. Connect/broadcast at 5 ghz for AC.

use ethernet lol

Chqnge to 5GHz but a piece of paper between your rig and your router will make your connection to slowdown.

>2.4ghz
>integrated graphics
>pubg
im in awe at the state of this man

I am connected to 5 Ghz network. Read my OP. For some reason, Task Manager shows 802.11n, even though it's actually 802.11ac.

You need to open all your ports in the router to world.

Are you using SSD or HDD? You will max out the write speed of your HDD with a gigabit connection
also you're a giant homo

this.

>wifi
No user, just no. Use powerline ethernet, or regular ol' ethernet if possible.

SSD

Like DMZ?

>
Is it necessary to state that everyone would use Ethernet if they could?

If you cant use ethernet, you just havent tried hard enough

Absolutely. WiFi is mostly for console or mobile plebians.
Even if you dont have your router in the same room as your PC, you should consider PowerLine adapters

Sit next to a router in a faraday cage or use a cable.

He's obviously connected to AC because he's downloading at 300 mbps, something not possible with N.

An ethernet cable is literally the best option. Just get however many metres you need and spend a day installing it instead of suffering with wi-fi for years.

But do you _really_ know if you’re connected via AC? Have you actually used any utilities to check? Also, do you have any N devices on your network? If you do your router will stay in N mode, whether or not a particular device is AC-capable.

Valve's download servers are wank.

> you should consider PowerLine adapters
Or MoCA

We're not /v/'s tech support board, get the fuck out.

scan the area to see if anyone else is using 5ghz close to you
if not then start by changing the channels to see which one has the better reception
the best solution is to buy a router that supports openwrt so that you can crank up the power output to 11..

Get some wifi scanning application for your phone and then change the channel according to what it says, also try to get a line of sight from your router to the receiver on the PC, and try to align the antennas the same way. Also connect your phone and other gadgets to the 2.4GHz network instead of the 5GHz one.

>blocking out IPv4 and IPv6 address
you do know what NAT is right?
and switch to 5ghz, then you get AC

buy a 2k18 wifi usb adapter

I don't know anything about your router, but will give you general advice on how to "squeeze" performance out of AC.

Enable short GI (guard interval). Change channel width to 80mhz (warning, this will likely overlap other 5ghz shits around you, but oh well). Make sure you only allow 802.11n minimum (make sure it's not allowing 802.11a). If you have all 802.11ac - fuck it - don't allow 802.11n.