New mini build

I had to take the shroud and fan off a gtx950 to get it to fit in a single slot mini itx build

Attached: IMG_20180531_002558.jpg (1024x768, 156K)

I made a custom fan mount from some black plastic I got off the case of an old Verizon modem and drilled and dremeled it to match the existing holes in the heatsink

Attached: IMG_20180531_002640.jpg (1024x768, 254K)

then I attached a smaller low profile fan to the mount with epoxy. I can't use the existing GPU connection for the fan cus it's different so I just connected it to the molex connector from the PSU. I think it will be alright, it will just be running constantly.

pic of the new fan

Attached: IMG_20180531_002712.jpg (1024x1365, 379K)

When you say epoxy, I hear glue gun. No need to hide it user, we all use them.

this is what I used. it should hold up under the heat I'm guessing.

Attached: IMG_20180531_003850.jpg (1024x1365, 322K)

the only thing I worry about is the heatsink is about a mm from the PSU now because it's such a tight fit. Also I only have 8mm of clearance between the 6 pin connection and the inside of the case cover so a regular 6 pin connector coming from the PSU ain't gonna work

I did find this custom 6 pin cable on ebay though, it's pretty badass and less then 3mm of clearance needed. It's freaking $20 though for a cable. I'm wondering if it will be easier to just try and make one myself from an old 6 pinner.

Attached: s-l400.jpg (400x300, 29K)

this was another major issue with the GPU. since the card is made for 2 slots the back plate ain't gonna fit on this case with only a single slot space available.

Attached: IMG_20180531_004943.jpg (1024x1365, 374K)

so I made this bootleg cover using the placeholder slot cover that came with the case. it's really ugly but I can't find a single slot cover to match this card and I figure no one will see it anyway. if anyone knows where to find a real one lmk

Attached: IMG_20180531_005243.jpg (1024x1365, 383K)

This was a fun little project and I didn't have anyone to show it to so I figured I'd post it here

Do you wear a blue and white striped apron when you do that stuff?

thanks for showing us, user. does it run well? how are temps? better or worse?

I have been wanting to build in that exact case, but watercool the card instead because of how limited the space around is. By putting a 2x60mm radiator on the exhaust.

Hot glue and epoxy are very different things, user. Look into it.

diy is that way
this isnt a board about technology

how u attached your heatsink to a card

1. Well I guess that you know that your warranty is already voided
2. Epoxy dont block in the heat transfer?

bump

I will find out soon. I went ahead and ordered that 6 pin cable from ebay and am just waiting on it to get here. That's the last thing I need.

The heatsink was already there. I just added the fan mount so I could still use a fan after taking the shroud off.

Well the card is already a few years old from a previous build. So not sure if the warranty still covers it. I only put a drop of epoxy on the fan mount itself where the fan touches the mount.