Ryzen 7 2700x

Was my Ryzen a dud? Using the stock cooler which came with it (that massive thing with latches and RGB) I'm getting around 55 degrees Celsius at max fan speed while idling and in the 80s while gaming, according to Ryzen Master.

Attached: spaceheater.jpg (748x752, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nzxt.com/products/s340-elite-matte-white
silverstonetek.com/product.php?area=en&pid=726
ekfluidgaming.com/ek-kit-a240g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Forgot to mention this is without overclocking as well.

The stock cooler is mediocre.

You think that's the problem rather than the processor itself? I've seen tests using the stock cooler with far lesser temps.

check voltages maybe your mobo automatically set it to something retarded

How's your case cooling?

Mediocre I think. There's only the back fan and one on top of the case. It's the NZXT whatever elite.

the purple elite? all of the elites are being made with watercool in mind user
if you go with air on them you will get shit results

This. Out of the box my mobo was giving my 2700x 1.5. Or maybe its your case. My stock cooler even with those voltages hung around 44 idle and 70 under load

You know that you also need good airflow inside of case? Most tests are done on open bench.

It was this one: nzxt.com/products/s340-elite-matte-white

Shit. Is installing liquid cooling difficult?

Not if you get an all in one liquid cooler

Attached: the-19-steps-of-writing-a-paper-1-2993-1360262882-12_big.jpg (355x236, 33K)

watercooling everything will be difficult
watercooling the cpu is easy enough for it

but i suggest you spend the money on a better case like this one
silverstonetek.com/product.php?area=en&pid=726

That's fine. Ryzen has a +20C offset.

Ambient temperature?
Do a test outside of the case
Also, try different monitoring software.

This. Get some of those NF-A12x25s.

no the first ryzen had this problem and mainly in some motherboards

Reapply thermal paste, you could've fucked it up somehow.

this
I doubt they fixed the problem

Are you using Speccy or coretemp to measure it?
Speccy measures tjunction why is upped by 10 celsius (or even doubled in AGESA 1.0.0.2c) to fool cpu fan into working harder.

Ryzen master and coretemp measure Tdie which is accurate. 2700x's do run hot though, and an idle in the high 40's or even 50 is not unheard of.

Attached: D2IPjnW[1].png (1511x913, 323K)

>he fell for the AMD shills
Top kek my friend.

don't watercool it's a meme.

get a cryorig h7, scythe kotetsu or scythe mugen 5 rev b. theyr'e all under $50. just make sure you get an am4 bracket with the h7 and kotetsu. the mugen 5 comes with one out of the box.

unless you're in the sahara im guessing your case has dogshit airflow or you fucked up the thermal paste

Did you set your windows powerplan to the ryzen one?

I think this ambient temp room probably already 25c or some issues with mainboard/sensor etc.

>Buys AMD
>Complains about high temps

lmao

@66159118
"(you)"

the cpu produces heat, a chunk of metal absorbs it, and a fan dissipates it

there's literally nothing in this system that could be a "dud". if the temps you listed are abnormal then you did something wrong

It is not a meme, it has an application where air fails. SFF for example, when possible, benefits greatly from LC. You can also do ambient or sub ambient cooling with a loop. You can also remove most component heat from the case with it. You can run it inaudibly as well. And it can be had at much more reasonable prices these days with substantial strides in compatibility.

ekfluidgaming.com/ek-kit-a240g

Attached: 1507856152774.jpg (600x600, 59K)

That's wrong. A poorly binned IHS could have bad solder joints, the paste on the cooler could've been fucked due to mispackaging, a component/software could be overvolting it or a sensor could be out of whack (AMD is known for this in their temp sensors specifically, using an ungodly offset)

Attached: 1507429500965.jpg (507x480, 33K)

everything you wrote is objectively wrong and it's not even decent bait. consider suicide

Attached: thisisbait.png (625x626, 66K)

remount cooler
if issue persists, RMA. Either the chip is fucked or the solder.

Sub-ambient = condensation. “Inaudible” not while running the pump... quiet, maybe. Inaudible, no. Meanwhile, with cheap air cooling, I have zero maintenance actual inaudible computing until I get heavy load.

This. Something might be wrong with thermal grease, so replace it.

everything he wrote is objectively right

bro i get the same temps as you with dark rock 4 cant even get it to idle in 30's goes to about 38 then jumps ten degrees for no reason. Doesn't go above 77 with prime95 and gaming about 55- 65 depending on game i think bf1 it gets higher.

> laughing at others while using cpu drenched in jew cum

Ok kid

2000 series X chips have a really aggressive turbo, you're probably hitting 3.9 or 4GHz on all cores with the stock cooler without touching anything. You can upgrade your cooler if you want, but it'll probably just run with a higher clock at similar temps.

Why is literally every person in this thread spewing misinformed crap
2nd gen ryzen X chips only have a 10c offset, and you can clearly see what the real/offset temp is in hwinfo64.

Forgot to mention, there's also a low/high speed switch on the stock cooler. Set it to high and set a fan curve in your bios and you're good.