”smart” fridge gets infected by malware

>”smart” fridge gets infected by malware
This is the future we chose.

Attached: 2D7BD775-B9BC-441A-B90C-6A68FA72B1D3.jpg (1058x934, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/internetofshit
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>smart fridges being mandatory

Attached: 1525759828322.jpg (283x314, 26K)

No, YOU chose this future. I didn't.

>send me .004 bitcoin or I will spoil all your food

>malware
Will it steal my food?

This is what happens when electronics becomes cheap as peanuts and R&D runs out of ideas.

Attached: eggtelemetry.jpg (690x734, 65K)

>not knowing how to secure your hardware within your home network

Running Android. No wonder it gets malware.

I'm actually going out of my way to avoid smart-everythings unless there's a very good reason to get something smart... of which there were, so far, none.

It’ll become increasingly difficult to find non IoT offerings in stores and manufacturers will cease production of spate parts for older models.

Of course when LibreFridge 5 is released it wont matter

>Smart toilet connected to cloud
>The Gorvernment now know how many time a day you jerkoff

Only dumb people don't like smart things, because they feel intimidated by them

it blows my mind that petroleum companies have all this cash, and they can't think of anything better to do than put gas station TV at the pump

this will have to end eventually when we're out of oil

Attached: ctyp_gaspumps.jpg (800x599, 84K)

Only dumb people like smart things, because they want someone else to do the thinking for them.

Dumbest post ever. Not based at all.
This is Jow Forums, not Jow Forums.

But why smart fridge. I thought fridges were supposed to be a food storage and to keep food cold. Why would you ever need these fancy excessive features on a fridge?

A frigde is a fridge, a closed loop cooling system and an insulated box, you will still be able to rip the smarts out and place a 2$ chinese thermostat

Blame marketing drones trying to get people to buy new shit when a 30 year old fridge works just fine

>smart fridge has 'order food quickly' button
>kid pushes it a bunch of times
>repo van arrives the next day
Don't call it a grave.

Because people are idiots. If you have a water cooler built into your fridge and you never use it, congratulations, you've wasted what could have been a perfectly good shelf in the door of the fridge.

>water cooler built into your fridge
>not using ice cubes aka superior cooling method or putting some water bottles into it
How degenerated can technology become?

>using a fridge instead of slaughtering one of your sheep when ever you need fresh meat

How degenerated can technology become?

Yeah but I don't need a fridge that will automatically detect and order food for me. Especially not when I don't eat the same stuff. If the milk is past expiration date, that doesn't mean I will want to buy new one? For me this is not useful and I don't need it as a feature. I would prefer to buy appliances made from robust materials that won't have to be replaced after the warranty has expired. And the other smart stuff? Well, I don't need them either. I live in an apartment, I have notihing to automate... The light switch is literally 5 steps away from me, why would I want to buy smart bulbs, switches or turn them by voice? Not to mention that my dad's company was making these "smart switches" in the 90s - they either had a sensor to detect motion and turn on/off, or could be turned on/off by clapping. The company bankrupted.

>implying they dont already know

>but why a smartphone? I thought phones were supposed to call or text people. Why would you ever need these fancy excessive apps on a phone?

Yeah right fuck progress, only dumbasses like that

I'm happy with how things are going

Attached: Normal_bn2_promo.jpg (2169x1370, 1.14M)

So user what does your smart fridge do that a normal fridge does not?

Nothing, it's about what you can do WITH it. Read what IoT is actually about instead of drooling on your chinkpad and making stupid statements.

>connecting a $400 juicer to the internet to squeeze proprietary juice packets is PROGRESS
The absolute state of millenials

Attached: l04he.jpg (399x385, 27K)

i dont have any iot devices and things like the fridge isnt even digital

I built an IoT weather station. Gathers sensor data from a few probes and then periodically uploads this data to a database (temp, moisture, barometric pressure, mm of rain). I can then display this data using dashboards and such.

jokes on you i have no food

>Not having a hardened and secure router.
You already are part of the problem

This is honestly obnoxious, those fucking menus try upsell you and show you ads when all I want is gas. Fuck unskippable dialogs.

3D TV! 4k! Curved! 8k! IoT! Maker movement!

(am I missing any?)

Good job, you fell for some bottom-of-the-barrel corporate marketing memes.

If someone is selling a computer today, it is either a throwaway machine supported for 2-3 years, or open source. Why would I bundle the former with a fucking appliance that will last me decades?

twitter.com/internetofshit

>my fridge has updated its privacy policy

>ONE law changes about data privacy
>get hundreds of emails from my smartfridge, smarttoaster, smartoven, smartswampcooler, smartpantry, smartTV, smartradio, smartPC, smartphone, smartwell, smartyard, smartmower, smartfan, every single smartbulb in the house, smarttoilet, smartcouch, smartwindows, and smartdoors
>"We've updated our terms of service!"

> LibreFridge 5
Oh god, imagine Leah Rowe showing up out of the blue to service your fridge...