Theft

I stole a desktop PC from my university library. I was planning on raiding it for parts, but I'm wondering if I can use it on campus as is without getting caught.

I'm assuming that I should replace the network interface controller, but are any other parts vulnerable to tracking after a clean wipe?

Attached: avatars-000280149171-fijfh3-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 36K)

Return it, Jamal.

Yeah, it's called a serial number on every fucking hardware component.

>he can afford uni
>steals computers

Mods gimme this niggers ip so I can report the theft to his school

You can't see the serial numbers of hardware on a network. I'm worried about the NIC because I don't know if I can reliably spoof the MAC address. Not sure about drives.

Best bet is probably just nab the ram, cpu, and gpu, and ditch the rest. Just wondering if the entire thing could be used.

How the fuck did you steal a desktop PC?

give it back tyrese

You can see the MAC Address, which is basically a HW Serial.

It's a small form factor dell precision. The gpu is nice though, good for CAD and modelling.

Tax dollars.

Attached: 1524771244477.png (631x418, 14K)

Yeah but if the NIC is swapped out, isn't the MAC address different? Or do other parts also have traceable MAC addresses.

How did you do it pal? Haven't discovered CCTVs in your country yet?

You can just change your Mac address afaik

wow so tough

Room with no cameras and a big backpack.

Is it that easy? I know hardware has stuff like serial numbers baked in, can a MAC address be changed permanently?

Give it back Tyrone

Hey dumb nigger. Plug it in and you'll be fine

Attached: 1525820483419.jpg (384x384, 65K)

>stealing
Are you black?

Give it back Tyrone

Attached: op.jpg (556x261, 89K)

whats up with these moralfags

Give it back Jamal

Dunno

Are you the retard that stole the shitty Pentium 4 system?

>if I can use it on campus as is
How do you plan to use a desktop PC on campus?

Dorms

You probably should have figured out these details before the heist. good luck op

change mac and format

They don't care. They're not even going to notice it's gone and they probably don't know what the MAC address on the system was if they wanted to look for it in the first place.