A programmer's must-have

a programmer's must-have

Attached: modifinil-entrepreneur.jpg (700x350, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2690227/
gwern.net/Modafinil
twitter.com/AnonBabble

brainlets must have*

why?
Never heard of them

Attached: 1496840246910.jpg (250x235, 8K)

>a twitchy fapnoodle's must-have
ftfy

I work 2 hours max at my 8 hour job, so i can even do side projects and work remotely

Those made me feel weird, weed works way better for me.

I'm in a strict no-drug country now, survive on caffeine and chewing gum

> I'm so terrible at what I do that I need chemical enhancement to match the output of the hundreds of thousands of people on the planet who don't.

Sad.

>According to documentation distributed by Teva Pharmaceuticals, one-third of participants in clinical trials reported experiencing headaches; 11% reported nausea; other negative side-effects such as nervousness, diarrhea, insomnia, anxiety, dizziness, and gastrointestinal problems were reported by fewer than 10% of participants.[22]
>Rare occurrences have been reported of more serious adverse effects, including severe skin rashes and other symptoms that are probably allergy-related. From the date of initial marketing, December 1998, to January 30, 2007, the US Food and Drug Administration received six cases of severe cutaneous adverse reactions associated with modafinil, including erythema multiforme (EM), Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS), toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN), and DRESS syndrome, involving adult and pediatric patients. The FDA issued a relevant alert. In the same alert, the FDA also noted that angioedema and multi-organ hypersensitivity reactions have also been reported in postmarketing experiences.[23] In 2007, the FDA ordered Cephalon to modify the Provigil leaflet in bold-face print of several serious and potentially fatal conditions attributed to modafinil use, including TEN, DRESS syndrome, and SJS.
>The long term safety and effectiveness of modafinil have not been determined.[24]
>Modafinil may have an adverse effect on hormonal contraceptives for up to a month after discontinuation.[25]
I'll stick to caffeine.

Yeah, it's almost like fucking with your metabolism is a bad idea.

burger junkie

>thoughts of poor people:
>its a pill so it have to be bad
>caffeine is alright, but drugs are evil
>haha you must be a junki for thinking this

modafinil and armodafinil not something magical but it help u stay focused and awake after 10-15 hours of mental work, and makes you twice as productive

>caffeine is alright
Said you.

as i said doesn't work on me, weed (sativa strains) work way better on me. brains are different

Yea, this shit is super useful especially paired with caffeine for just getting loads of work done. I'm a Physics student so I mainly use it to revise for that, but it's helpful for programming too.

>11% reported nausea; other negative side-effects such as nervousness, diarrhea, insomnia, anxiety, dizziness, and gastrointestinal problems were reported by fewer than 10% of participants.[22]
If you're in the unlucky 11% just don't take it. The rest of us are fine.
>Rare occurrences have been reported of more serious adverse effects, including severe skin rashes and other symptoms that are probably allergy-related.
These cases are so rare that they're really not cause for concern. It's like never doing any drug ever because they might be cut with something dangerous, or because you might be allergic to it without knowing.
>The long term safety and effectiveness of modafinil have not been determined.[24]
This is fair, but only a real concern for those who are taking it every day, as some people are prescribed to do. Moderation will nullify any potential long term problems with a drug.
>>Modafinil may have an adverse effect on hormonal contraceptives for up to a month after discontinuation.
are you a women on the pill? If not you're good.

it's a small step down from speed. it will destroy your appetite and sleep, and if you take it regularly you will soon look like a holocaust victim.

>Needing external chemical stimulation at all
Only for the weak of mind.

Attached: chink_eating_rice.jpg (577x789, 271K)

Imagine being such a junkie that you fight this hard to defend your habit.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x498, 613K)

>gives reasoned counter arguments to points about potential drug dangers
>'you're a junkie'

I have been owned.

Why is Jow Forums so full of anti-degeneracy Jow Forumscucks, wtf is wrong with you all

We are actually anti-brainlet.
We still archive double of what you can do with Sodofinil.

>Why is Jow Forums so full of anti-degeneracy Jow Forumscucks
>Jow Forums
>anti-degeneracy
Most of Jow Forumstards are white trash that are addicted to at least one type of drug (alcohol, crystal, crack). I don't know where do you get that idea f a m.

then you're just insecure about your intelligence and seem to have a problem with other people enhancing their productivity for...no reason. Regardless of intelligence, the drug will make you work better. I don't /need/ modafinil to get my shit done, but it certainty makes it easier, so why the fuck would I make my life harder just so I can gloat over those that do? Well, obvious I'd do that to make up for my own insecurity in intelligence.

i'm on HRT so i can't take modafinil

because it make sense...
Degeneracy is degenerate

>Regardless of intelligence, the drug will make you work better.
that's where you wrong kid
It plateaus at a still-brainlet level. I'm slightly worried about barely-non-brainlets taking this shit and actually getting dumber and fucking my shit up and dumbasses thinking they are productive and fucking my shit up.

degeneracy is good because it's fun and without fun there's literally no reason to live.

top kek, you might as well kill yourself right now and save yourself the painful suffering that awaits you.

Attached: chad_virgin_laughing_whores.png (600x536, 253K)

fairs then

w-what

the drug doesn't effect intelligence, it effects concentration and short term memory. What the fuck are you on about.

t. Mutt

>without fun there's literally no reason to live
Isn't that what losers usually say? Now I see why you're a drug abuser.

>What the fuck are you on about.
That you will still do dumb shit and ruining my day, but more effectively so.
>inb4 good

Is it? I wouldn't know, I'm top of my class in theoretical Physics at a lead uni. I can do whatever the fuck I like and as long as I'm still getting my grades, which I am, I'm as much of a 'winner' as can be reasonable expected of someone my aeg.

so your argument against the drug helping people concentrate is that dumb people exist

that's not the drug's fault dude.

>its heroin mixed with meth
no its not ,you barely feel it
when u just started using it, yeah dont take it afternoon, but after a few week u can sleep like charm, also eating isnt a problem, true you care less about ur hunger but only because you are more focused on what you r doing

More like Baseddafinil.

Attached: soyjak switch.png (458x456, 79K)

>implying having a degree excludes you from being a loser
Just like those 30+ year old 'winners' with a diploma still working for minimum wage at Starbucks, right?

>offending the scared temple
real progammers don't need drugs.

>Buying a tablet
2010 called...

If the physicists are ending up at starbucks, everyone else is beyond fucked.

> posting in bait threads without saging
That's the real degeneracy here. If you faggots want to argue with trolls go right ahead, but try to keep it off the front page, kay?

Try meth to stay productive for 24 hours.

How to get on this in burgerstan?

Indeed they are, robots will make all of us obsolete. But at least you will still have drugs.

Are you really having trouble keeping competitive without drugs? Lol

I’ve been around the block a few times when it comes to stimulants... It turns out the best stimulant is a good nights sleep, a healthy diet and excercise. You’ll grow up one day.

you're not making a compelling argument not to take loads of drugs here

>10-15 hours of mental work
You know how I know you're full of shit?

how does this compare to caffeine, LSD microdosing, adderall, etc ?

>tfw used so much addy this quarter made my tolerance really high and the feeling of being on it isn’t the same

You will never experience the high u felt of your first addy :(

>The drug doesn’t effect intelligence
>effect
Clearly it does if you can’t even use English properly.

Holocaust didn't happen, user.
Modafinil is therefore safe.

I-I'm dyslexic user..

Seems like a lot of your ego is tied to your grades. Enjoy the ride after graduation.

#sorrynotsorry

it's more effective than caffeine but more side effects
it's kinda similar to lsd microdosing
it's a less extreme version of adderall

I mean what else is there to tie it to

tell me plox

Attached: modafinil.gif (800x371, 87K)

I have narcolepsy so this is mandatory for me, and also the best decision I've ever made.

>improving yourself is considered degenerate
i used to think taking Adderall or doing steroids were considered cheating, but it really isnt desu

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2690227/

Attached: 1526348411402.jpg (1200x1163, 115K)

just going to put this out there: been using it for a while and has had moderately good effects. I already exercise and eat well and I'm a decent programmer without it. What it allows me to do is correct accidental mishaps in sleeping patterns and maintain a 9pm-5am sleep schedule and work on my own thing before my day job. I also find that I can use it about twice a week sustainable to work very hard (ie 10-12 hours of deep focus) when combined with caffeine. That being said, mixing with caffeine has a potentiating effect and will make the two much more powerful, so it might not be for you.

I don't really see any long term downsides with moda, it's pretty cheap, is not addictive (for me at least), and is sustainable.

The difficulty with modafinil is that it is very hard to get in Canada and is only getting harder as the popularity increases. ie OP, don't post about it, you don't want the normies finding out and jumping into a glass wall or and getting on the news

What originally got me into it: gwern.net/Modafinil

Also melatonine is pretty great.

I find the whole 'it's cheating' attitude is mostly an American thing, consequence of their whole 'hard work for the sake of hard work' culture. Damn I pity you fucks.

bought like a strip in college
took it a couple of times made me feel like such a pseud i mean the only thing they are good at is not letting you fall asleep but you still can.
you can get more productivity out of yourself through will power and feel more wholesome and not like you're on a pill

Caffeine is alright? Kek no, it's just as bad.
Anyone who drinks anything but water or juice when working to help concentration (or takes drugs for it) is a pleb who is behind help, enjoy being a dumbass.

this shit just seems to give me all the anxiety of adderall but with none of the positive effects. waste of time.

yeah the thing is atleast adderall steroids or coke are kinda hard drugs and not pussy shit like modafinil
it's kind of like cigs vs vaping

I prefer sleeping.

You can have both

At least moda is sustainable

Isn't it possible that someone is as smart as you regularly, but by using modafinil can go beyond that?

>Isn't it possible that someone is as smart as you regularly, but by using modafinil can go beyond that?
No, there's not magic ticket, I'm not saying it won't work temporary, but in the end (after using it a while) you're just as "good" with it as you are right now and without it you're even worse.
At that point there is no going back, only years of not doing this shit again to regain the base state.

>ITT: people who watched Limitless too much
Sorry kids, life is not a Hollywood movie.

t. ex nootropics user.

a programmer's must-have

Attached: microdosing.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

>implying drugs make you smarter
these drugs only give you the impression that you're doing more

>correct accidental mishaps in sleeping patterns*
What do you mean? Do you skip sleeping? Or do you take it in the morning to ensure you get tired at night?
You shouldn't skip sleep too often.

I want to add to this, recreational drugs can help with creativity and motivation. I still wouldn't recommend them though if you actually make your daily bread with your brain.
This

c-condoms?

not just mixing few schizophrenia meds with meth

Attached: vAJJcs7B7wc.jpg (500x647, 95K)

Wouldn't intermittent breaks counteract this? Surely you can build a tolerance, but in my experience, you can get back to a baseline pretty readily. I've never heard of very long term permanent effects when using drugs in a reasonable manner and not binging. Do you have any sources on these claims? It sounds more like a DARE campaign than anything I've seen in research. In particular the effects of modafinil are pretty mild.

No I don't skip sleep, but if I go to bed a few hours too late that can have cascading effects and break my schedule for a few weeks. I just use it ensure a steady schedule. On average I'll still have 8.5ish hrs per day and I don't think it's worth it to skimp on sleep.

>programmer's
More like artist's combo. At least it's not that harmful even if you consider flashbacks.

>moda
>like adderall, but does nothing
>good for brainlets, twitchy asptarded millennials, “imposter syndrome” faggots, and other variety of faggots
If you need this to program it’s already too late

>10-15 hours of mental work
Lol are you an engineer from the 1960s working for nasa?