Have they EVER produced anything that wasn't hot garbage?

Have they EVER produced anything that wasn't hot garbage?

Attached: 2000px-Apple_logo_black.svg.png (2000x2000, 37K)

Attached: idontlikedoingit.jpg (500x486, 75K)

Apple II. Arguably iPod classic(if you rockbox it). The rest is garbage.

depends on what you define as 'hot garbage'
they pretty much just take existing tech, strip it of advanced functionality, pretty it up for dumbasses and sell it like it's never been done before

You could literally go back in time and erase all traces of Apple's existence and the technological industry as a whole would remain the same if not benefit wildly from that.
Why hasn't this scumbag scam company been forcibly dissolved by the government yet?

Actually what they do is take what's already been done and make it user friendly, without confusing error codes and unnecessary trash so that the average user can actually use it to benefit their life in a positive way.

Jow Forums users aren't normal people though. We spend all day on our computers discussing this shit while other people are going out having actual fun and using the devices to improve their social lives.

I guess creating files in file manager(or even having a file manager) and using established shortcuts is not user friendly for Apple.

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying what they do is necessarily "bad" or pointless
though i don't like how they imply the things they do are technically advanced or haven't been done before, that kind of bullshit just pisses me off

The earpods (wired) are not that bad desu

Attached: 120641758_30.jpg (6720x4480, 971K)

>Apple II

Wasn't its failure rate comparable to the Spectrum?

Only if you let it overheat.

that's not something most people have a need to do. nobody creates blank files. nobody except Jow Forumsentoomen.

Normal people don't care about creating files and establishing shortcuts. They care about taking a selfie with stacey at starbucks, after paying easily with their phone.

You're just autistic. It's okay, so am I, but you have to see it from their perspective.

The Apple II was an overheating dumpster fire and the iPod was literally just a locked down MP3 player. Nothing special.
Try again.

Applications are for creating files. File managers are for managing existing files.

As much as I feel negatively about apple for the most part I've been fine with the free gen 3 apple tv I got a year ago (only apple product I have). Mostly just used for youtube. I mean it has downsides like I can't add any new apps to it there's a preset of apps and no store to get more. But hey, it was free right?

I said iPod classic, not iPod. Classic is still one of the highest capacity players.

if you look at apple stuff expecting something unique, powerful, or otherwise exceptional technically, you've simply missed the point
they make tech for people who don't give a shit about tech

>brother says Mac is better because it doesn't get viruses
>sister agrees
>"its so much better for productivity and it all connects together seemlessly why would you not get a Mac?"
Is it true?

I smell a Beats by Dre owner.

Attached: 1527257539891.png (429x245, 38K)

>Classic is still one of the highest capacity players.
Wrong, it's trash. Do your research iToddler.

Apple TV is trash. You can't even add new apps, toddler.

People who don't give a shit about tech shouldn't be using tech, just like how people who don't give a shit about space travel shouldn't be hurdling through the atmosphere.

>brother says Mac is better because it doesn't get viruses
only because Mac has such a small market share that most developers totally overlook it because it's not even worth it.
too small of a target.
>its so much better for productivity
yes, but only because of the way it handles apps. there's a reason closing =/= quitting.

Gentoo KDE and Android with KDE Connect do it better

yeah all the dongles make connecting things super easy!

Yes, their iPad lineup is pretty great but they also pretty much "invented" the modern tablet.

>Wrong
Sd cards of comparable size came out only last year, and there weren't other pmps with hard drives.

Wrong, Microsoft invented the tablet in 1999 and then again with the Surface which technically came before the iPad. Look it up, toddler.

You're wrong.

>You're wrong.
Prove it.
>inb4 some jury rigged abomination
Something mass produced please.

>Microsoft invented the tablet in 1999

Attached: gridpad-right.jpg (804x365, 58K)

Don't need to prove it, it's facts. You're btfo

OpenCL is an okay API.

You could have just said that you can't prove it, jeez.

LLVM

You will change your mind after using Apple products. They don't invent anything but they take an existing bit of hardware/software and perfect it.

Take the trackpad for example, my 2015 rMBP trackpad is incredible and completely blew me away after using it for a few weeks, even trackpads on high end windows laptops feel like cheap imitations.

It's the same thing with MacOS, once you develop your own workflow many things are much more efficient to do and don't have comparable Windows equivalents. I find myself pressing space in Windows Explorer to quickly look at files, I open the settings app in Windows and wonder how they fucked it up so substantially, essentially the difference is:

Windows:
Something needs to be changed > Open settings > Realise the setting is missing or not even there > Open the old control panel > Change it

Mac
Something needs to be changed > Open System Preferences > Find the option you want easily and change it

MacOS is absolutely filled with these small niceties and interactions that make it a pleasure to use, I would absolutely love it if MS got their shit together and added the level of polish I'd expect from MacOS but I don't think they're capable of it.

God I love KDE connect

Pre-touchbar macbooks were god tier laptops, only shills will disagree.

Hey I didn't say it was perfect I pointed out that exact issue. Again "it was fucking free"

They were still overheating garbage. Earlier ones literally had their GPUs melting off.

not on my machine :^)

I guess it's alright if you never use it.

My brother has some old ass iPad and it's honestly pretty damn good.

Too bad tablets as a whole are a meme.

You can't even add new apps, toddler.

yes you can that changed a while ago it has the app store now

Webkit.

>reddit spacing
Sure windows sucks but that doesn’t make macs good, arch with i3 is a million times better than high Sierra

Singlehandedly destroyed the internet.

I can't argue with the king of the trolls

Hey here. Yeah the newer ones can do that mine's the older one sadly. But really isn't the biggest deal, infact I think there's a way to sort of hack it through the trailer app having it redirect to a plex server i think? I tried this once just to play around and experiment and it worked but then I reverted back because I really didn't need it it was just for funsies.

This
Jow Forums is a bunch of butthurt basement babies who are salty because they don't have lives

I'm a fan of OS X. Could just be that I used it for long enough to get adjusted to it, but now my Windows machine is mildly irritating to use.

I'm a big fan of the Bonjour protocol in particular, which makes connecting similar devices on a network more or less seamless. Alfred + Alfred Remote app + Powerpack is god-tier.

Fuck paying the hardware tax though; I hackintosh'd my shit years ago.

I own a hackintosh desktop, an iPhone, and a Thinkpad with eOS. Each one does exactly what I need it to

Unfortunately I use Mac only software as a big part of my workflow, Linux is not an option.
I do a lot of freelance web design/dev and Sketch is shit hot, Adobe have been playing catchup with XD for years and it still doesn't hold a candle to Sketch.

Also if you actually used High Sierra for a while you'd change your mind 100%, you don't need Apple hardware to run MacOS because I dual boot Windows/Mac at home.

No.

Pretty much everything they make is great.
Find me a better UNIX workstation. You can't.
We use them all over they university and the staff love them. Many have been using OS X since they converted from Solaris desktops to laptops, but still wanted their familiar UNIX toolsets.

>Mac
>Something needs to be changed > Open System Preferences > Oops, that setting is too advanced for your tiny rat brain so we don't allow you to modify it at all, have fun googling for hours trying to find the right terminal commands to change it

Fixed for reality. My fagbook "pro" can even be docked to my monitor with the lid closed without the entire piece of shit going into sleep mode.
Macos is a fucking dumpsterfire.

Why even bother replying to me if you haven't even used the software in the first place?
Let's compare something fairly advanced then, shall we? Say I want to change my DNS settings:

Mac:
System Preferences > Network > Advanced > DNS

Windows:
Open Settings > Realise it’s in control panel instead > Control Panel > Network and Sharing > Change Adapter Settings > Right Click Ethernet > Properties > Select IPv4 > Properties

I'm an IT Engineer and it's my job to manage all of the tech for a small business, it's the small things that are needlessly stupidly finicky that waste my time and frustrate me even if they're not difficult to do, why are you arguing against software that is easy to use? Are you just after (You)'s?

I find it weird that you cannot use a macbook in clamshell mode without plugging in power but it's not a dealbreaker at all, I use mine docked at work all the time.

No, their religion forbids fans.

Don't take the bait user. These basement dwelling failures will say the most retarded things just because Apple products don't fit their NEET lifestyle

>basement dwelling failures
>Apple products

Ugh...
user I think you're drunk
The basement dwellers are linux fanboys, I never leave the house
Mac fags are wannabe tech guys that try really hard to impress strangers and know little to nothing about technology

Reading comprehension

Attached: autistdog.jpg (326x250, 45K)

Name 1 (one) company that hasn't created mostly hot garbage in the last 5 years.

This does not satisfy my autism
I'm going back to linux

they killed flash and that's about it

kek

Attached: 1521055977335.png (1280x878, 72K)

It was a fork of KHTML. Really I blame Trolltech/Nokia for not LGPLv2ing Qt in the 90s. That's the only reason Gtk and GNOME exist.

My nigga

Oh shit! someone pasted basedboy wojak and logo of something that I like in one picture (ThinkPads are not a basedthings you niglet btw), what will I do now? holy fuck...

No.

>Have they EVER produced anything that wasn't hot garbage?
clang

The iPod classic, the iPhone 4 when it came out was incredible especially when compared to what Android was churning out at the time, and iOS 4 was probably one of the best iOS ever made. Snow leopard OS was great. After that it's been downhill. MacOS had been awful (Yosemite on is barely usable garbage), and their phones lost the edge once the GS3 came out.

On another note though, all you're going to get is an anti-apple circlejerk so.... Hope that's what you wanted.

almost everything from the PPC era was kino, but I get your impression considering you're an underage faggot that thinks of apple as the "iphone folks"

No.

no

you're a faggot

The general problem is they like stuff to run silent, so inevitably it will get hot a stock fan settings.

No.

I spend a lot of time on my laptop and high resolution screen was a very welcome thing and Apple pushed it's adoption.

>IT
>Engineer
Pick one.

What the fuck? Do you know how to read?

Apple was behind the rise of digital music distribution services and mp3 players same way beats by dre pretty much advanced headphone market both low and high end. Apple was behind mass acceptance of screens with higher resolution, ditching of CD drive for a faster flash storage and a switch from a shitty plastic to metals in a body construction. But a guess Jow Forums autists that swear by their 1366 x 768 t430 in the year of 2018 won't understand.

No
I'm a programmer
My major wasn't English

all their mobile devices are pretty good. I'd never use their products for computing though

6502, 68k, and PowerPC machines
iPods

How were their cameras? I've never looked into them.

No.

file menus would be cursor based instead of at the top of windows and be nested instead of having a standardized order of File > Edit > View > (program specific) > Window > Help

Capacitive touchscreens would not have caught on, everything would still be resistive

scroll dial navigation for long nested menus wouldn’t exist

so you’re saying that apple is doing the same thing but ten times better?