PC wakes up from hibernation on its own

I have disabled "allow wake timers" in power options, I gave disabled windows update wake up in group policy, and I have disabled "wake the computer" in task scheduler

but it still happens, see pic related
>source: unknown

Attached: 1509343168597.jpg (502x409, 62K)

>Windows 10
It's not your PC anymore, it does what MS wants.

Attached: no-power.gif (480x200, 982K)

t. meme response from Jow Forums autist

It's right on spot though. W10 reverts of outright ignores some settings.

nah, running LTSB.

>Windows 10
wait till it gets out of beta. it's too buggy now.
you can use 7 or 8.1 until then.

Disable Wake-on-lan in your BIOS and NIC settings

Did his already. I'm not OP but I have the same problem.

Do you let your devices have the ability wake? Remove it and see it if still happens.

>he thinks ltsb is safe
I hope you're memeing right now.

fuck I found out what was

>device manager
>keyboard and mouse: properties > power tab > disable wake

once every full moon my laptop boots up while screen facing down during the night time, i don't know why. probably sensors or someshit.

This. My laptop is running Win 10. Would wake from sleep for no reason and stay on, wasn't even due to installing updates. This was with a "clean" install and nothing else on it but a few web browsers. Eventually after a year of updates it simply stopped doing this.

>replacing Microsoft botnet with KGB botnet

horoshaya rabota Ivan

Why use Windows 10?

Attached: 1496737361393.jpg (638x5176, 968K)

Enjoy your Intel ME remote control hardware backdoor? :-)

Same issue here
What's your network adapter?
Do you use lan/ethernet?

Intel ME remote control hardware backdoor

All modern processors come with Intel ME you stupid dumbass
Even if you have installed Linux

see

My motherboard has a shitty network card
I had to pull out the ethernet cable every time i shut down my pc
I switched to debian

you couldn't disable WOL in bios?

How exactly does windows "break" if you block telemetry at the router? What actually happens? Genuienly curious, I couldnt find much information on this. Don't have a win machine so I can't try it out.

nothing, it's fake shit. plus, almost all of it can be disabled in LTSB group policy

not if its librebooted

How about AMD ? :) Although the latest AMD has AMD PSP backdoor, it got added only recently and if you go a couple of generations older - you have a nice powerful AMD laptop/desktop without the hardware backdoors

there are some librebooted laptops with disabled ME, but in hardware sense ME is still there waiting to be activated. The only way to get an X86 CPU without a remote hardware control backdoor, would be either to go to old ass Intel Pentium 4, or relatively modern AMD 15h or early 16h architecture, just not late 16h and not Ryzen. And yes, there are some coreboot and even libreboot hardwares on these no-backdoor AMDs

Initially it could behave like you've indeed blocked it, and after you relax it directs its telemetry data to some alternative IP address or through some proxies. The only way to solve this problem would be white lists of your favorite websites, and even that is not perfect because these whitelisted websites could be working at the backdoored machines which could act as a proxy for your telemetry

Granted, but that is hardly windows "breaking"? That is just more of it willfully ignoring your settings, right? Yet, still more people insist on it breaking, i wanna know why? Is that just to make the problem more public?

maybe because windows is using the same IP addresses both for telemetry and updates, so when you block telemetry you also block the updates in the same time

Backup and then Delete:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator

windows 7 does the same thing.

My computer immediately wakes up from Sleep the moment I put it to sleep. This is on a brand new install too.

W10 does whatever the fuck it wants. Turn shit off and it'll just turn it back on. Remove shit and it'll put it back. Tell it not to update or wake or anything and it'll do it anyway.

some motherboards used to have a "feature" that would wake the computer in the middle of the night to look for updates or some shit.

Intel Smart Connect technology

this

did you reboot your router?

Attached: FBI_Pepe.png (796x934, 276K)