GDPR is commie heavy-handed nanny state intromission that will stifle the Internet and erode free speech, competition...

GDPR is commie heavy-handed nanny state intromission that will stifle the Internet and erode free speech, competition, innovation and user choice.

Prove me wrong.

Attached: Pai.jpg (1013x760, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.varonis.com/gdpr-requirements-list-in-plain-english/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm not going to waste energy on you as clearly you're brain dead.

Tankies pls leave.

Not OP. What the hell is going on over there, exactly?

EU is single-handedly saving the internet and pre-emptively bursting the ad bubble.

Shills are crawling out of their holes and crying in hopes that they can reverse the decision or gut the law.

>laws
>solving problems
>saving anything
You sound confused, user.

0.02 cents have been deposited

THIS SAME SHIT EVERY FUCKING DAY???

REPORT AND SAGE.

Attached: 772.jpg (800x587, 42K)

Your free helicopter ride voucher has been posted to you.

Niggers aren't people.

A whole nother 0.02 cents
Keep going pajeet we need you!

So I gather that a law or set of laws is being introduced that you like and OP doesn't. What does the law actually do?

Summer Jow Forums is absolutely disgusting.

So is your shilling, Rajeesh

>being introduced
It has been in effect for two years.
The grace period for complying ended last Friday.

Seriously, though, how the fuck did you miss it? Every single web service sent out mails to their users asking for consent.

This.

I'm all for a wild west style of governance where there are few laws and much justice, but that would just mean that we hunt down the advertisers and shoot them in the face, then we'd burn the server farms of the ad companies to the ground. That's the alternative.

I live in a cave, watch programming videos, and spend all my time making an audio data-flow-graph library for use in games

Time for you to read up on the GDPR, then.

So, again, what does the law actually DO?

blog.varonis.com/gdpr-requirements-list-in-plain-english/

I mean it's the EU, so I don't really care enough to read up on it myself, since I never intend to live in Europe or be part of an advertising campaign there

But what does it do

>be part of an advertising campaign there
It's enough to be part of an advertising company in America that processes data of people on European soil.

this

Allow you to ask anyone who has any data on you to show you that data, tell you how they are using that data, allow you to correct the data and force them to delete it if you want them to (unless it's absolutely necessary for their contract with you to work, e.g. deleting your user account when you still want to be using a cloud service).

The fines are up to 4% of global yearly revenue. Facebook is very likely to get buttfucked, especially after openly giving the EU the middle finger by combining Whatsapp's and Facebook's databases on the day the GDPR became mandatory.

But what does it actually do

I know this is the answer you want so here it is: nothing, because it is only a piece of text.

OP you cant say that something is bad without example and just bitch about it OKAY?!
Anyway GDPR just forces some transparency and has been in effect for i think 2 years,just now they start fining people that don't abide by it.So god know what kind of stupid wet dreams you have they are not happening OKIE-DOKIE

>hear Italy wants to leave EU
>let me search more detailed analysis
>first result economic times or something
>GDPR pops up
>half of the shit cant be turned off and you agree to give them fingerprint data ect.
>uBlock Origin pick element
>create
>I'm not giving you shit let alone my consent
>The article is an opinion piece by (((Seth))) not actual analysis
>leave
This is why we cant have nice things.

You are proven a retard. Happy now?

>companies have to ask me permission to use my data
>intrusive malware-ridden search analytics are now opt-in?!
>GOOD HEAVENS! We have to do something! think of the innocent multi-billion dollar corporations! They need to eat too!

Attached: 1527355781573.png (590x590, 345K)

Still doesn't apply to me, friend. I'm an engineer who isn't interested in advertising at all; period; end of story.

And how the fuck did you get the idea that I would give a fuck about whether it affects you?
I was answering your question. Now fuck off.

You aren't even baiting, as I'm sure that one or two guys actually learned something from my posts.