It's time for your calculus exam that determines whether you graduate with a CS/SE/IT degree or not

>It's time for your calculus exam that determines whether you graduate with a CS/SE/IT degree or not.
>8th time's the charm.

Attached: math exam SampleWritten.png (698x1576, 88K)

>you should be able to solve this

W..w.. what is this?

W.. what am I looking at desu?

>tfw knew all that stuff years ago but I've been in the industry for 5 years and just don't give a shit about it anymore

basic shit. If this makes you scared, don't bother. discrete maths is where it's at though

>in the industry
>doesn't regularly use math
Enjoy being replaced by Pajeet.

This is 1st year uni stuff.

>calculus
>hard

Jow Forums is for 18+ only

Simple linear algebra you dumbass

How do you guys deal with being a brainlet? Do you see hope at the end of the abyss which is mathematics?

Attached: 1527804532324.jpg (240x193, 49K)

Took all these classes last semester and this semester, I don't remember most of what's on this test ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is as basic as you can get for any CS math class. Anything more basic than this is remedial math.

That said, I wouldn't be able to do it after 5+ years without some review.

This is bait, right? No one on Jow Forums can't do this, right?

Why do you say that? These are pretty basic problems...

I had this shit on my first year of computer engineering dept, can't remember a single bit of it.

Attached: 1522277718191.png (505x505, 351K)

This is way more advanced than what I needed to take for my degree, only had to do 251 instead of.... that.

Crying then realizing the economy is going to crash soon anyway and specialized jobs requiring advanced mathematics will be mostly gone.

Rather code monkey jobs an 8th grader could do with be gone.

This
you'll memorize calculus formulas then never use them again
Its pretty much exists as a brainlet filter

>citation needed

In my calc 2 class we never used vector calc or linalg

>Compute the number of CUBIC YARDS of crushed rock necessary to make a roadbed one MILE long
>2018
>Using non-SI units in STEM
As I expected from Amerimutts

Attached: d27.png (645x729, 75K)

So did you use differential forms or geometric algebra/calculus

Attached: 41NMNUIniOL._SX387_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (389x499, 18K)

>import Math
Get fucked

There's literally nothing wrong with Freedom Units. Abandon your 3rd world units and enter into civilization.

Attached: SI -vs- USA.png (785x681, 86K)

Got 4 As in maths courses 5 years ago, now I've forgotten everything.

Is this a retarded meme

wow thats very easy.in hungary we have much harder math tests.

took calc 1 & 2 at community college. Open book, open notes, generous grading. fite me fags

If you don't have an oral exam, then your degree isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Attached: math exam memo-common-questions.png (850x1100, 92K)

this is for university? we saw all this in high school here (except the differential equations but that question is really basic anyway)

If you had a good teacher, you'd understand how to derive them. I'm in 4th year and I still remember all of it.

gimme book fucker

That integral looks easy as fuck
Just make it a partial fraction then substitution

POTATO

You're bragging about easy mode? Seriously?

Damn man, where is this from? I saw all these topics, but in different classes or exams. Having it all thrown onto my face at once feels like those nightmares where you're back in college mid-term and realize you completely forgot to go to a class for months.

If you actually went to class you could've resolved all this shit easily, because you probably did the exact same shit in class but with different values

>you'll memorize calculus formulas then never use them again
Doubt it my man.

I can definitely say the same for statistics or anything stochastic, maybe even geometry when you get to manifolds etc.

But Calculus and Algebra stick. The general techniques are simple to understand, they're almost algorithmic. Modes of continuity and basic counterexamples, differentiation and integrals, limits, functionals, approximations and convergence of sequences/series of functions, some basic stuff about metrics, matrices and systems of equations/eigenvectors etc. for algebra, basic stuff about groups and their decompositions, etc.

And since you keep using them all the time for other classes, they become second nature. You might forget some fringe theorem or lemma, but the basics stick.

Thats first semester of undergrad cs. Burgers...

>implying Jow Forums can pass calculus the first time

Attached: CS calculus.png (568x161, 9K)

Brainlets all of them. Math only requires some discipline to pass, well cs level math maybe not physics/math math. If you play games and shitpost on 4chin all day no wonder its hard

No, it is not.

Ouiggeur le Kill Yourself

I don't know what kind of bush league uni you went to, but I did all of that minus vector calculus in my first year.

>Kilofoot
RUSSIAN SPY FOUND

My favorite part about taking any math class is putting in all my effort and at best getting a B- (typically around a C-) while people who put in absolutely no effort get better grades than me.

Thats basic uni level math for fucks sake, when do you think they teach you basics? 5th year? You should have seen whaf my mate at physics department got stuck with first semester

How's the autism?

I did most of this in first year physics

This is really highschool level material desu, possibly excepting the vector calculus.

hows the lack of a brain?

This is really easy shit. Integral calculus, a.k.a. Calc II. I took Calc II freshman year of my physics degree. "vector calculus" a.k.a. university calculus or just calculus. They teach non-vector calculus in high school lol

It's 7th-8th grade (中二) material

Attached: sci education reform.png (1216x970, 119K)

It's been a while but I think I could solve about 80% without looking anything up.

That said I have no idea what the mean value theorem is.

Also, fuck people that name things after themselves.

Other than Gauss and Fourier. These are OK dudes.

No one names results after themselves, that's considered very bad form.

Yeah, their buddies name things after them

You know what I mean

the insecurities are really flourishing in this thread

Attached: BetterThanSuffering.png (1036x823, 672K)

Banach did (kinda)

/sci/ confirmed for high schoolers
This is literally first year calculus and linear algebra, it's very basic stuff, it's been 10 years since I took these courses and I can easily do this.

You lost me on #4

Attached: dogface.jpg (700x611, 49K)

This reminds me of a fucked up exam I had to take, if the Prof didn't like the way you've been explaining, he'd fail you immediately. Needed 3 tries for that one and it set me back a semester. Fucker.

>not realizing CS is a field of mathematics
>not realizing that any CS degree worth it's salt can be completed without ever touching a computer
>not realizing that CS != programming, it's just that computer scientists make for good programmers
>being too dumb for integral calc

so many yikes sweaties in this thread

Attached: cs haha.png (1152x648, 28K)

>pretending to be superior
>doesn't even know which board he's on

Attached: 1473904892658.jpg (1106x1012, 362K)

Attached: 1512928282987.png (997x630, 225K)

Tangent line is y-f(x0) = f'(x0)(x-x0)
The root is 0-f(x0)=f'(x0)(x-x0) => xt = -f(x0)/f'(x0) + x0
subtangent = xt-x0 = -f(x0)/f'(x0)

-x/3

>just got an A in community college calc 1
>only half understand the first 6
heh

For example with number 1 there would be no value to satisfy the mean value theorem because the function is not continuous on the interval [0,2], but I'm not sure how to show this.

I could wing all of those except the convergence analysis of the Maclaurin series. This is basic stuff.

This must be a joke.

There's no point if you aren't learning anything.

Like sure, I couldn't do this without a piece of paper so I don't lose track of my work, but this is elementary shit nigger. I would take me tops 30 minutes to do this. Is that why Jow Forums is full of brainlets nowadays that think they know shit about how the world works when they don't know shit and get highly opinionated about their ignorance?

lmao

The calc 1 /discrete maths is the brainlet filter honestly. If you struggling with that shit they're doing you a favor and telling your to fuck off and do something else.

>this note

Attached: ss (2018-06-01 at 22.47.11).png (619x51, 8K)

It's real and has been cited hundreds of times

Attached: 1494465313926.png (1331x398, 89K)

No, there would be no value to satisfy the mean value theorem because the derivative = -2/(x-1)^2 never equals (3 - -1)/(2 - 0) = 2 due to the derivative being always negative and this doesn't contradict the MVT since function is not continuous on the interval [0,2]

I don't understand why this paper is a thing. They could have asked a high school math teacher for help and get a numerical integration algorithm working in 5 minutes.

this perfectly describes me

Attached: 1513067679808.png (836x1136, 297K)

Math for Liberal Arts Majors is literally discrete math so everyone can do it.

Attached: cucks.png (490x684, 409K)

>ur dumb because you cant do math

Attached: 1516117602379.png (645x614, 83K)

>t. brainlet COPE

Economic disaster actually makes us much more valuable, since every single project involving more than one building will demand a bitchton of contingencies to ensure not a single ounce of manpower, a single gallon of gas, or a single second of machining time is wasted. Risk management is 100% advanced mathematics.

the hungarians are insane when it comes to maths
t. went to hungary to train with their international mathematics olympiad squad

The jobs won't come back Cletus. Enjoy automation.

sorry for the late post, we focused mainly on techniques of integration, we just barely went over series at the end. I don't know what you mean by geometric algebra/calc, we only stayed in R^2

>He fell for the automation meme

Attached: 179.jpg (400x292, 58K)

Why would it take someone 8 tries to do basic calc?

Yes.

>HUUURRRRRRRGGGGLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
>PFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTF
>I THANK I R SMORTER DAN EVRYON BECUZ I KNO MAF!

Attached: 1524816697923.jpg (851x714, 80K)

Holy shit is this for real?

AHAHA I'm a fucking first year Physics student and I do this in my sleep, you're struggling with this in third year?

Compsci students really are brainlets. I can probably program just as well as any of you as well.

Attached: laughinganimegirls.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

I'm doing this in A/S further maths, this is barely uni stuff

>8th time
>literally a first year calc exam
come on user, this is easy shit if you stop jacking off in the back of the room and pay attention

>Calculus

Plz, Jow Forums is still trying to pass their college algebra exam

Attached: easy college algebra.png (1064x1181, 474K)

>only had to do 251

251 what?

Its probably the math level. It was most likely pre-cal or some mid-higher college algebra/trig.

At least that was all I needed for my degree.

This isn't bad, you're just trying to scare people who don't know the terminology because they haven't taken algebra.

>modern exams practically tell you the answer

Attached: 1344795186709.jpg (1187x794, 99K)

huh, I literally had an analysis 1 exam today, weird to see this.

>All these math geniuses that did this when they were 12
Why can't anyone on Jow Forums actually program then?

Here in my state uni program for computer engineering in Florida, the following problems are learned in the following classes: Calc I, Calc II, Calc III, and Linear Systems of Algebra. This wouldn't all be on a single test but rather spread out over a number of semesters