pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread

Attached: Dell_L100.jpg (1600x740, 141K)

UwU

Attached: 1527867413408.jpg (3774x2268, 2.14M)

What's the point of flat ortholinear boards? When you're typing on a flat board, your hands are going to be angled inward, so a staggered layout makes sense because your fingers will follow the stagger as they curl in or out. Your hands aren't in-line with your wrist.

Ortholinear makes sense if your hands ARE in-line with your wrist (e.g., split boards, and this is the reason numpads are ortholinear). Othrolinear flat boards are just so incredibly un-ergonomic. Why would you go out of your way to make it *worse*?

> a staggered layout makes sense
For one hand only. For the other it's staggered the wrong way. An ortholinear is a happy middle, plus it's more compact (this is my travelling keyboard, hence the onions size), and satisfies ocd. Some people reportedly hate them but I find it very comfortable.

>For the other it's staggered the wrong way
No it's not. I mean, I guess you could say that if you use the ancient, out-dated "touch typing" standard that says you should, for example, type C with your left middle finger. In reality, you should be typing it with your left index finger. Curve to the left, just as your right hand curves to the right.

just ordered navy memes, what pcb should I put them into for maximum comfy home alone lewd clicking?

Attached: box_navyJPG_1600x[1].jpg (1600x1067, 40K)

I put a set of navies in a dz60, my first diy 60% build. They were good, but I'm kind of a lazy typist, so I swapped most of them out for jades.

anyone tried yd60ble?
how is it?

Attached: 4_2e65560a-30db-4449-bf82-9d15e26d7126.jpg (1920x1080, 217K)

what do you mean, they were to heavy?
I like heavy switches

were they to heavy?*
sorry for engrish

Yeah. They weren't so heavy that I couldn't use them or I got tired. But, unless I'm typing at full speed, I tend to type pretty relaxed, so often times I'd strike a key, but not hard enough to get past the click bar. If you type really heavy all the time, the navies are great, and I still use them on keys like enter, space, backspace, and caps lock (escape).

That just feels weird. Maybe it's because I'm not used to it, but when I built my Preonic typing on it was natural really quickly.

Also how do you type B and Y?

Isn't that basically just a tada68 with bluetooth? Sounds promising desu

B and Y are ambidextrous. B especially so, but Y I tend to type with my right hand.

Meh. There's also the fact that the staggering isn't even symmetric. I could understand a staggered layout optimized for both hands, but as it is it sounds like you're just making the best of a shitty legacy layout.

Of course I'm not saying ortholinear is perfect or that everyone should use it. Maybe that's the case for split, but I can definitely see why people would stay away from nonsplit ortho. Personally, though, I like it a lot.

Is it bad that the only two switches I like are gateron reds and buckling springs, and that I actually prefer the former?
There's just something about a crisp, smooth switch that resonates with me and my fingers

What do you guys think of this color scheme?

Attached: whatarethose.jpg (5504x3096, 3.38M)

Essentially, this is how I type most of the time on a standard qwerty layout. I do have a bad habit of typing P with my ring finger tho. Learning colemak (which I'm doing atm) has actually helped me type more accurately. I never really "memorized" qwerty as a kid. I had the muscle memory, but no conscious memory of where each key is, and that lead to a lot of messy typing. But, learning colemak has forced me to memorize the layout to avoid staring at a picture of the layout all the time. Some of that's actually transferred back over to qwerty.

Anyway, I definitely agree that the standard staggered layout is far from perfect. The left hand stagger is still pretty fucked up. I still think it makes more sense ergonomically than non-split ortholinear. The optimal keyboard is of course probably something split.

It's just bizarre to me that the "correct" way to type on a standard layout requires finger gymnastics where you type C with your middle finger.

>ABS
other than that, it's not bad. The white legends are a bit bright for my tastes.

fuck, forgot the picture

Attached: qwerty.png (385x192, 20K)

What do you all think about gmk miami nights? It it worth the price?

Considering it's ABS, hell no.

>tfw typing on cherry mx switches

Attached: fadesfd.jpg (640x480, 70K)

Are there any alternatives I can get that are better? I was wary about abs too but I always hear good things about gmk sets so I thought these would be okay. Profile doesn’t really matter to me too so any suggestions would be good.

Worth mentioning also that I use Workman, and that was basically optimized for an ortholinear layout. But yeah, to each their own. This is definitely a point of preference, unlike say the fact that qwerty is bad or split (even if in one piece, like the microsoft ergo keyboard) is good.

Just get tai-hao miami. the only premium ABS miami set that's worth it is the original one SP did 5 years ago

A heads up for anyone interested in there will be BOX compatible springs available all over the place soon(if they're not already) so don't freak out, you'll be able to put any weight in any switch assuming it's heavy enough to return.

Attached: 8c9a86aa67489cf38bc4e043fdd3da51.jpg (2017x1181, 1011K)

> I always hear good things about gmk sets so I thought these would be okay
From fucking where? The only people praising them are those that only care about the colours because they have 20 keyboards in a display case so the actual quality doesn't matter.

Sure, $100 ABS from GMK isn't the same as $2 ABS on a $5 chink rubberdome. But it's still ABS, you can't change that.

Attached: 1500127700326.jpg (4208x3120, 1.52M)

>premium ABS

Attached: DSC_1415.jpg (4928x3264, 3.78M)

Huh? Are the springs in box switches anything special? I though they were just normal springs.

They're a different length, you can't use normal springs.

What weight are the navy springs? I tried a royal with the navy spring and they instantly felt 10x better. There’s some serious spring pinging though, but I think some lube might fix it.

hmm it should say it on the novelkeys site, the weight of the switch is the weight of the spring.

Have you tried swapping a royal contact leaf into a box navy? It's my understanding that most of the tactility in royals comes from the modified leaf, so it might make for a pretty ridiculous switch.

GMK sets are hilariously overpriced. GMK thinks that since they own the original tooling that Cherry used for keycaps, they have the ability to charge outlandish prices for shitty ABS sets.
If you're looking for colorful ABS keycaps, just go with tai hao, otherwise if you're in the market for something higher quality go for Signature Plastics. Never buy a GMK set.

>they have the ability to charge outlandish prices for shitty ABS sets.
To be fair, they do, and idiots (reddit) buy them.

it's 60%. there's yd68ble for tada68 with bluetooth. i already ordered one but won't come at least until at the end of this month.

>ABS
Actually they are pbt. PBT doubleshot for the black with white legends and pbt dyesub for the blue keys.

Well the korean scammer has box springs, but where else would they become available?

Navy uses the same spring as the other heavy box switches (black, burnt orange, pale blue, etc) if I'm not mistaken.

I heard novelkeys will have them soon but mk.com just got some in too

Attached: mk.png (1279x257, 54K)

Those ones are just the scammer springs m8. Would be nice if novelkeys started to offer the hako true/clear springs.

yeah but they're sold by mk.com which means they have them in stock

My objection is to giving sprit money m8. I'm in no rush for springs so I suppose I'll just wait until novelkeys gets some in.

Oh wow really? They were noticeably stiffer when I swapped them. And the navy with the royal spring feels like a medium weight between royal and jade which was surprisingly nice if you don’t like how heavy the navys are.

Not I haven’t but I should try that. Might cause the tactile bump to compete with the thick click which is interesting

Oh okay. Yeah I have no problem with scammers as long as I don't get scammed which seeing as it's mk.com it won't happen.
ANyway! I wanted to do a switch that was a lighter navy but heavier than jade(because of the return issues) but it turns out they're very close in weight so that's not really possible. When I do my click bar build I may skip thick clicks and go for pale blue instead.
I imagine navy is fatiguing

not that guy but dsa royal navy looks really nice. Are those reliable/good caps to get?

Just compare the linear part of the force graphs between navy and the other heavy box switches. I don't have any jades on me so maybe it is the case that the royal springs are slightly heavier than jade ones.

Try royal springs in the navys! I feel like that’s what you would be looking for. It’s definitely lighter than regular navys but heavier than jades and without the return problems

The other side of the navy stem is just smooth, so it's not like you're going to do anything by putting the royal contact leaf into it aside from more pressure on the stem.

That's a Signature Plastics set. I've gotten a DSA set from them before and the build quality was great. The DSA profile in particular took a while to get used to versus cherry which is what I used up to that point.

GMK is good. I'd rather have thick ABS that gets smooth over time than shitty thin PBT with misaligned legends.

But for the same price you can get good, thick, doubleshot PBT keycaps.

But, you're just baiting.

>good
Show me a good PBT doubleshot set without fucked legends and anything close to GMK's level of compatibility. I dare you.

Attached: S8yIcKw_d.jpg (1920x1272, 168K)

literally just signature plastics, m8

SP doesn't do double shot PBT m8

Attached: new h.jpg (1800x1200, 628K)

how does it feels like owning a gun?
does it have to be constantly maintained, like daily?
what part/feature you have to be cautious or put more efforts while maintaining?
coming from a guy that lives in a country that banned gun ownership.

Attached: IMG_3914.jpg (3264x2448, 1.93M)

Your gun only needs to be constantly maintained if you're firing it constantly.

best tkl?

The original TKL
Model F77

OTD Koala

kmac

Attached: keychatter_2015-03-27_11-46-50.jpg (2000x1125, 1.35M)

hmmm,,, a normal one please...

What?

those are normal TKLs
Get a model M TKL then

Attached: Industrial SSK.jpg (1600x900, 335K)

thats abnormal, and expensive.

>wants the best
>doesn't want it to be expensive
Pick only one.

do you know what abnormal means? That is what the nomral TKL layout looks like, and no 150-170 bucks isn't expensive for a keyboard

ducky one with pbt caps is 89 dollars and youre telling me to buy these retarded korean dinosaurs? suck my dick.

its not normal. if a person saw that in my house, they might call me gay.

>model M
>gay
sure thing buddy

Ducky keyboards are cheap chinese junk that break all the time. If you cheap then get a Leopold, anything else is just crap

so, hipster?

>model M
>hipster
okay pal. if you wanna know what a real keyboard hipster looks like go to geekwhack

Attached: IMG_0021.jpg (4032x3024, 2.48M)

OwO

Attached: crop-socuteimelt.jpg (3629x2419, 2.15M)

>Pro Berry
Aren't those just blacks with lower travel distance?
What's even the point then?

lower travel distance, don't know ask the redditor

I ordered the last black usb c kbd75 in stock and can't wait to get it. I have some hotswap sockets to make it hotswappable once I get the kit and pair it up with some dsa royal navy caps. Did I do good for a first mech?

that's a pretty big first step for getting into mechanical keyboards. You did pretty goo
>usb-c
never mind

What's wrong with usb-c?

it's a whole lot less reliable then micro-sub, and micro-sub is garbage

Nothing, he's just retarded.

>shitty "my first mechanical keyboard" dies
>get excited because I finally have an excuse to buy a new one
>spend every day doing autistic amounts of research and browsing
>order test keycaps and everything
>just about to pull the trigger on a new purchase
>old mechanical keyboard starts working again out of nowhere

Attached: 1502423571859.jpg (568x562, 49K)

Just buy a new one anyway

mechanical keyboards are a meme
I'm happy with my 26 year old membrane keyboard. the only new mechanical keyboard I'd consider buying today is a F77

Attached: 20170408_144618.jpg (4128x2322, 1.9M)

Is that the model m space saver? It’s a beauty

it's pretty close to endgame. The only thing I'd change about it to make it capacitive

Yeah but I'm also saving up for this cutie

I'll get the mechanical keyboard soon though, after I get my earspeakers first though

Attached: 1501337125969.png (1024x768, 1.1M)

those are kinda fugly and that cable looks cheap and chinky as fuck, but to each his own I guess.

>$1500
>plastic construction
why?

>those are kinda fugly and that cable looks cheap and chinky as fuck, but to each his own I guess.

>$1500
>plastic construction

oh you two have no idea, while the brutalist asthetic is definetly not for everyone, the fucking sound these cans can output is beyond incredible. I legit almost cried when I demoed those a few weeks ago and I have headphones that cost twice that, although unlike those headphones, the STAX SR-L700 spends every last penny on its sound and not it's apperence. Just head over to /hpg/ and ask them about STAX

Build quality is suprisngly good btw, the plastic feels very solid and it could easily survive a fall onto concrete

Attached: 1513064958915.jpg (4304x2860, 2.24M)

I want to build the most silent GH-60 thats possible. What switches do you recommend ?
Any other tips for building a silent keyboard ?

I don't blame you. There are plebs here that gawk at spending $1500 on a beamspring keyboard. I got to try one and let me tell you nothing compares to typing on one. Everything from the keycaps to the case is made to enhance the typing experience

sorry for the dumb question, but is it better to get a stepped or non stepped caps lock?

Oh nevermind, looks like my keyboard is still borked, just discovered that shift space is copy pasting as if I was holding down

Yesterday it was g + h + space + up + down arrow keys not working, the day before that the keyboard was spamming random inputs, I have no idea what's wrong with it

Attached: 1520721482302.png (779x900, 907K)

depends on your keyboard, some don't support a stepped caps lock

yeah, the keyboard i'm looking at (kbd75) supports stepped caps lock so i was wondering if i might as well get it with that but i wasn't too sure yet

stepped is always better

Sounds like a short. Probably pretty easy to fix if you care to do it. I'd probably get a new board anyway.

Doesn't really matter. I've tried both, and they don't feel particularly different.