Head units are technology. What do you run in your car, Jow Forums?

Head units are technology. What do you run in your car, Jow Forums?

Attached: indashnet.jpg (600x417, 223K)

Attached: DT-IKOwVQAUgDDl.jpg (688x468, 32K)

This.

gay

I hate it when cheaper volvo and porsche modells copy their own more expensive modells.

ftfy

Attached: Untitled.jpg (688x468, 38K)

sat nav, bluetooth, aux, usb input, etc.

being a 2014 model there's no android and the screen is probably resistive but whatever, this car is a pump and dump to get rid of in 2 years anyway

Attached: gays.jpg (1000x750, 113K)

This little shitter plugged into stock stereo's aux input.
12$ of perfection.

Attached: kinivo-bt450-1.jpg (1024x562, 56K)

Nothing fancy. 2009 Pontiac. At least the stock radio has a headphone jack.

Recommend some sweet ass head units /go/

Attached: IMG_20171121_114207.jpg (4096x3072, 1.91M)

What is it

looks like a bluetooth adapter

This player I got from China. Fits my car well.
Not a fan of touchscreen controls.

Attached: RCN210.jpg (1138x853, 251K)

I don't care about having a fucking telly in my car so i just got a Pioneer FH-X840DAB.

Attached: firefox_2018-06-01_23-54-41.png (881x554, 616K)

Sync powered by Microsoft

Attached: Microsoft-Sync-Lebanon-Ford-Photo.png (500x350, 247K)

>do you run in your car, Jow Forums?

>running
>in a car
wtf, faggot

That may be a FM tramsitter.

Can you turn off the gaudy blue shit at least?
Also, stock unit is best unit

Pretty sure you can change the colour to whatever you want

Why are they so big?

Attached: viewimage.jpg (800x533, 59K)

A chink one that has everything + dTV. Runs on top of Windows CE like every pre Android unit, so resistive touchscreen, sadly.

>Not Sync powered by QNX

>dab

XD

yes
no, these are utter shit
Bluetooth to aux, powered by 12V
Simple as fucking:
>Ignition is on>bluetooth turns on>pairs with a phone>music starts playing
>Play/Pause, next,prev buttons on dash.
>Ignition is off>bluetooth turns off>music pauses

Jealous?

Attached: 654050270_tp.jpg (400x300, 20K)

>kienzle

my nigga

>logic controls
>but no auto reverse

Attached: 1527726275178.jpg (336x442, 107K)

I have it changed to red and dimmed it so it's barely noticeable while driving.

Cheapest. I've got one from car near walmart, it was unlocked, so I've borrowed it.

I'm honestly surprised there are no Tesla drivers here, seeing as g is now a consumerism board

;o is it a miata?

Thought about switching out the unit and soundsystem in my Tacoma but ended up selling it to my company who then gave it back to me as a company car. Not investing anything in it now.

Nah Mazda3 GT. Might trade for a Miata though

Attached: i hate dot matrix units so i got this.jpg (411x271, 16K)

and how many of them have sucking Musk's cock as a hobby

I bet there's at least a couple people in Jow Forums who are waiting for their model 3.

I don't own a car, I live in a city and I can just walk/bike everywhere. When I lived in the suburbs I had a 2002 Pontiac that I fitted with this thing. Drove a $1000 beater with bluetooth audio/calling, aux in, and a USB charging port lol

aint that the fucking truth

Attached: MVH-X560BT_large.jpg (800x400, 43K)

Fuck man that probably sounds very tinny. I love tech like this but usually junk like this has horrible speakers.

I actually want a Tesla myself, I'm just at a point in my life right now other things are a priority.

Back in 2004 I got a 2000 Ford Ranger. Replaced the stock unit with a Pioneer DEH-4700MP. Replaced the stock speakers with Pioneer 6.x8's in doors and 5x7's behind the seats. Got the Sirius Sat Tuner add on a little later. Tuner was mounted under the seat. Head unit controlled everything. Looked clean as hell. Now I drive a 2005 Corolla. Stock sound system all around. Sounds ok, but fuck I only drive like 8 miles to work round trip so I don't get to listen to the music that much anyway. (back in 2004 I lived like 30 miles away from my job so it was different)

Basically my setup

Attached: 99HCR1.jpg (640x480, 75K)

Did manufacturers move to integrated infotainment systems over double din slots because niggers kept stealing car stereos?

No they want you to go to the dealer when it breaks

And charge you out the arse for a SD card with GPS maps on it?

It doesn't have speakers you mong. it's a bluetooth device with analog output via jack.

You stick that little peepee into car's pussy. Phone stays in pocket.

Attached: vc7.jpg (645x729, 26K)

Your steering wheel is on the wrong side.

Aux>everything else

I don't want one because electric cars are for faggots.

Honda's stock 6CD Changer for the '03 Accord. Still haven't seen a nicer looking, simple, and responsive UI.

Attached: 88616835.jpg (1024x768, 158K)

Only dabbers gets signals here. No FM exists.

I use USB abc

I have an old car and thought about putting in a nice touchscreen with lots of features... then I remembered that I barely drive my car aside from work and adding something like that would just make a car thief more likely to want to steal my old ass car just because of it.

Why would you think having a touchscreen in a car would be nice in any way shape or form?

That would still require your car stereo to have an aux in port. Newer cars already have bluetooth and older cars don't even have an aux port.

So you my friend fall into a very very niche market.

nearly everybody swapped there headunit for one with aux, so no, not really

Why does the button pannel look like a TV remote?

>Newer cars already have bluetooth and older cars don't even have an aux port.
Nice shit you pulled out of your ass...

Most post 2000 cars have aux. Sometimes they don't have jack sockets/ports but 2$ adapter to pinout like picrel fixes the problem. It worked in my case. There's no aux button but pressing "cd changer" button for 3 seconds enters aux mode.

Attached: 20150127203106_38404.jpg (750x562, 71K)

Why do most aftermarket units look like they were lifted straight from 2003? Everything is graphite-texture LED X-shape bullshit with tiny buttons. Half of them come with obnoxiously large "extra bass" buttons too. All I want is an aux jack in my '06. Is my fate to look like a Hot Topic teenager?

Dude you're a fucking idiot. Maybe you've had nice cars, but there is a period of time between 2001 and about 2007-8 where huge amounts of cars were sold with CD players only, with no auxiliary line at all, and no tape deck for an adapter. You could usually still get those as options but they're rare to find. I know Mazda offered all kinds of crazy shit on their head units around 2006, you could get the 6 with a Minidisc player and Aux if you wanted, but again options, and not very common ones.

X-BASS written on silver plastic get's every pussy wet, bro

Especially 90s cars had that hidden aux. Let's just settle with that your and idiot

>hidden aux
You mean the CD changer inputs usually only present on the premium option head units?
yeah, you're still and moran

My cheapo single din head unit

Attached: 2018-06-01 19.29.43.jpg (3120x4160, 1.36M)

pic related

Attached: lel.png (617x173, 95K)

idgaf bruv, just listen to the music

Check the forums brainlet. Most of the factory headunits have aux pinout and hidden function.
>You mean the CD changer
No. I mean my shitbox that came without cd changer but optionally could, has this button that did nothing. And you enter the aux mode by holding it. It werks different in every headunit. There is no standard for hiding fucking hidden options you screeching retard.

Search "aux adapter" on ebay and see how many prestigious luxury premium vehicles like Clio, Focus or Golf can be upgraded to aux for 3$. Or 0$ if you know how to solder.

auto reverse a shit

>There is no standard for hiding fucking hidden options you screeching retard.
what the fuck are you on, nobody's said shit about that and why are you so mad

dude if you know how to work a soldering iron you can put an aux output on any head unit in existence, it doesn't mean it's a particularly logical way of rigging up a car audio system for most people.

aux input

agreed. Auto reverse heads become misaligned so damn easily.

I run a Sony aftermarket stereo that I bought from a meth addict for 10$ (I'm pretty sure it was stolen, some of the side pins were bent up) wired to 4 speakers and a sub in a shitty box and a 350 watt amp. these are both sitting behind the bench seat in a 91 ford ranger.

...lately all i've been listening to are the grateful dead, public radio, or gorgoroth

This is not a board for most people. Go be sheep somwhere else.

You're thinking of home decks with flippy heads. Car decks use four track heads, just like auto reverse walkmen, so they never move out of place or get out of alignment.

Using the mylink head unit in my silverado. Works fine for listening to music from a usb

Attached: 27d6c093917b67d9305f547d95f71958.jpg (648x316, 35K)

>a usb
gtfo

I have one of those android units. They're fucking trash. Slow as fuck.

Not going down this route again
The head unit that came with my car was an aftermarket one and the guy who installed it should be locked up, it was a mess in there.
For some reason, he split the 1 ground the car provides (and the only one it needs) 12 times. Some of them went to places deep in the car, some went to nothing, some plugged into things that it shouldnt.
It was an age old pioneer system, like 2007. After 3 days of taking it all apart and making the car work again, I installed my new one, but I have no constant power to it so I have to start it from factory settings everytime the car starts (basically turning off the in-store demo and turning on bluetooth). One day Ill get that fixed, but not today

Literally all of the chassis is grounded, what the fuck are you doing?

It appears my superiority has caused some controversy

What am I doing? I didnt install it mate, thats what I just said. I said the guy before me did it, and I had to fix his mess
read it again

I really misread a part.

The sync3™ system that came in my 2018 Ford© Fusion™

It just werks. They thankfully updated it from the last few years so that the screen auto-dims or turns to a black background when it detects very little light or the headlights are on.

no problem mate
it was absolute hell in there. I dont even like to think about it
There were wires going from the headunit to around where the engine is, not even plugged into anything.
The crazy part is that it wasnt just a sloppy job. What he accomplished clearly took a lot of effort. He knew what he was doing, but what he was doing was just wrong.

>GM
nah senpai

have this exact same unit.
Kind of like the idea of a proper screen with android auto or whatever but my car honestly doesn't deserve it considering it originally had a tape player.

>itt : matic onionboys

normal people see cars as transport, not as a hobby.
We're only elitist about electronics and software here.
if you care.

The only "head unit" in my car wears a 36C.

well duh, every car owner gets his dick wet, no need to brag about it

I had one of these units, you can control the color. Also stock units in a 20+ yo car aren't that good

>needs to pay for a TV license on a car LCD console

Jvc kw-r900bt
3x preouts, by w/Pandora support
Alpine mrx-f65 pushing 100w RMS to
4x Alpine spr-68
Alpine mrx-m110 pushing 1200w rms to
2x 12" Alpine type Rs (rw12d2) in a sealed box. 0.85ft^3 chambers

Pretty damn good for the money. Bought all this except the subwoofers in 2015.

I'm wondering how an aftermarket head unit will work with all the new cars integrating climate controlled, navigation, and everything else into the stock head unit

Cassette player, i don't use CIA nigger technology.

Fusion?

That jvc looks pretty close to stock in my 08 mercury, esp once you match the color to the rest of the lights.
Duck all the touchscreen shit in a car and six gorillion buttons on the steering wheel

I want to replace my headunit in my car, but I've got the horrid Sync Sony system, but the amount of accessories you have to use to keep Sync (which controls your chimes and car system alarms btw) and retain steering wheel controls AND adding amps is a huge pain in the ass, so I'm just going to keep the stock radio and build around it

Attached: maxresdefault-1.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Like this unit, but no HD radio so no go

Pic related is the one to have now
>has legit 45Wx4 RMS CEA rated amp
>BT and NFC for quick pairing
>3 sets of 5V preouts
>adjustable RGB
>HD radio
It's just sucks that it doesn't have the JVC screen

Attached: Sony_CD_Stereo_Receiver_WX-XB100BT_GS920BH_Additional_Angle-Large_0.jpg (2000x1349, 203K)

Focus

Oh, pre 12'?