Why is it so hard to look at people in their eyes

why is it so hard to look at people in their eyes

Attached: 1538864794241.jpg (850x1328, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_contact
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Autism

Because it's a stupid social conditioning thing created by modern society,

Locking eyes is supposed to be uncomfortable, it's a primitive sign of aggression.

what a meme

too busy looking at her tits

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_contact

"Among primates, eye contact is seen as especially aggressive, and staring at them in a zoo can induce agitated behavior. Chimpanzees use eye contact to signal aggression in hostile encounters.[24] Eye tracking research shows that chimps are more likely to look at the mouth, while bonobos are more likely to look at the eyes; eye contact is lower among socially deprived primates.[29] A 2007 incident at Rotterdam Zoo is believed to be connected to eye contact: Bokito the gorilla escaped from his exhibit and injured a woman who had visited him several times and apparently often held prolonged eye contact. Visitors were later given special glasses that averted their apparent gaze when looking at the gorilla.[30]"

Smiling is also seen as aggressive to chimps but that ain't the case with us now is it? Or is it just human conditioning too?

Shut up retarded incel

I’ve always wondered why people hated when I stared directly at them. I do it often to so that’s not a surprise there

Attached: 88DF524E-BC60-46E7-9E12-8F09CEDF6A10.jpg (1500x1900, 548K)

nooo
you're probably right hopefully
what about with guys though
interesting looks like you are right

Attached: 1538193852019.png (433x881, 129K)

prolonged eye contact makes people think that you're thinking about them

>6617763

Smiling is an cultural thing conditioned to be socially friendly,

In certain parts of the world people don't smile,

In Russia people had to be taught how to smile.

I’m getting real conflicting viewpoints from both sides right now I don’t know if I should keep staring or stop

Attached: 375D5519-1085-44AB-972E-8890D43B66F1.jpg (454x402, 43K)

if you want people to know you're thinking of them then stare at them but otherwise don't because it's kind of weird

Yeah and in certain parts of the world eye contact is considered rude. I'm saying that we aren't chimps or dumb apes and research from them isn't applicable to us. Vast majority of people on this planet don't consider eye contact "aggressive" in any way. Same with smiling.

Feel free to keep staring, just look away if they give you a weird look I guess. I like to peoplewatch so I just don't care what people think desu.

If you believe in the widely accepted theory of evolution it makes sense, because it states we are primates.

If you don't oh well, either way, I'm done debating with you about human nature,

eye contact is aggressive because it's aggressive in chimps
but smiling isn't aggressive despite being aggressive in chimps
but that's just social conditioning
I seriously didn't even cite a source but you don't have a counterargument other than "but muh ebolusion"
We're a different species. That's like saying that orangutans and bonobos will have the same reactions to everything. It's irrelevant.

its cause ur gay and autistic

>In Russia people had to be taught how to smile.
we are bad at learning

oh

Attached: 1538862361233.jpg (750x701, 118K)

Also stop feteshising boy abuse.

It's kinda true, actually.
Maintaining eye contact for longer than ~3 seconds apparently makes even normies uncomfortable.
I guess I'm not autistic after all, cya retards

it's just that it being uncomfortable doesn't mean it's a sign of aggression is all

t. autist beta basedmale tranny

Attached: 0cat1.jpg (200x180, 9K)

HAHAHAHAHA just be a german we fucking stare everything down sometimes I realise that I look at somebody for over 10 minutes in the train foreigners always think we are unfriendly because of that but we are just curious aaaaand yes maybe we hate you too :*

shut the fuck up retarded incel

i always look at everyone directly at the eye even strangers who are just passing by
i guess now i know why everyone gives me a weird look

Like this?

Attached: 1538411947219.jpg (350x351, 23K)