How does Jow Forums listen to music...

How does Jow Forums listen to music? Do you purchase or pirate all your music or do you stream them from a monthly service - if so which service do you use?

I was thinking about signing up for google music but I have some serious reservations ethically about google and their support for international jewry. But then the rest seem to be the same. So what do you Jow Forums anons use?

Attached: Siri1-1-1024x817.png (1024x817, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

git.teknik.io/SMLoadrDev/SMLoadr
youtu.be/ID
hooktube.com/[link]
chiru.no:8081/highres.flac
breitbart.com/tech/2018/05/22/spotify-announces-partnership-with-far-left-groups-including-splc-to-police-platform/
github.com/rembo10/headphones#readme
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i pirate or buy my music digitally
streaming is for fags

FLACs from private trackers and buy the CDs for things that aren't in private trackers so i can rip them to FLAC, usually new releases.

PMP + 128gb microSD card because phones a shit.

Purchase CDs and rip flac's for my Floyd albums, NewPipe streaming for everything else.

I buy vinyl records and record them onto reel tape and compact cassette.
Some music I buy online if it is not avaible in analogue form.

or you know... you can pirate 320kbps songs for free...
> Price: $0.0
> 100% free forever
> unlimited family plan for $0
> bonuses: no internet connection required

I convert YouTube music videos into mp3s, I am not an audiophile and I don't care enough about music to even buy them.

Mp3 downloads boiiiii

This, bit I am lazy so I just press download button in newpipe.

But that requires autism. I just want to listen to some music. Not be some kind of gay enlightened audio hipster.

I wish groove was still around it has the nicest looking app

Download then upload to GPM free

The bitrate is misleading, since 256kbps in once codec can infinitely exceed that of 320cbr MP3, since MP3 is completely garbage

HDD full of vinyl rips, flacs, wavs and other high res goodness like digital only 24/192 editions.
First I pirate then if I like the band I buy a CDs of my fav albums. This way I can try new stuff and support artist who deserve it in my opinion instead of supporting apple, google or amazon, etc

if you're not using flac set your comp on fire

Spotify. I might try new Youtube Music since I loved google play music, but switching to iOS I absolutely got sick of the shit app and just how little Google cares for the entire service.

Eh... where does one find such booty these days?

I download it for free

Get you someone that squats

Kek

I still use Winamp

Download music, streaming services are shit

Does it still whip the llama's ass?

24/96 vinyl rips in FLAC, or actual vinyl, of course.

spotify

because im not a pleb that downloads music, has to store, and can't make playlists that sync across devices. checkmate retards

This chart needs to list the codec used. GPM is shitty inefficient MP3 and I think Amazon is as well. Spotify and iTunes are OGG and AAC which are both more preferred.

Anyways I stream via Spotify to check out new stuff, for auto-created playlists, etc, then download stuff on Redacted or buy on Bandcamp for long term usage, mobile offline usage (battery life savings, mainly), and to support artists. I use Foobar with Facets (fuck columns UI convoluted bullshit themes) for playback on my computer.

>nostalgicchucklemagazine.gif

>OGG
>better quality than MP3

Attached: please stop.jpg (512x384, 49K)

>> bonuses: no internet connection required
Unless you're away from the device it's stored on. I think that's one thing that people don't seem to get - it's really convenient to have the same library available anywhere you are. Though this is why I've also setup Plex on top of

Basically this. I also buy albums of/from artists that I particularly like. Kind of wish more artists had a way for me to buy from them directly. I don't go to many shows.

cracked spotify

I just use bandcamp.

Bandcamp has been around for like a decade bro.
Really hope you don't mean buying CDs which is completely pointless in 2018. Bandcamp and other sites let artists offer higher than CD quality.

nyaa

Attached: 1503838288540.jpg (464x464, 53K)

>pay for offline music
>beats dj online radio
ultimate state of neggryness

deezer is totally free in some countries with a huge library. I rarely come across a song I can't find.

I've used apple, Google play, and Spotify. Apple had good custom playlists but the radio was terrible and it never synced well. It was awfully buggy with downloads too, for some reason I could only download a playlist at a time, if I tried a second, the first playlist would spontaneously delete songs.

Google was ok, the radio was decent, but support was spotty, so it went away.

Spotify is decent, it syncs well and the radio is pretty good. It doesn't file manage that well on Android, so I periodically have to wipe the data and re-login. Otherwise it's pretty decent.

Pirate.
Pithos on PC - it's a Pandora client with unlimited skips and no ads, regardless of whether you have a premium subscription

vinyl rips are always crap compared to proper digital.
you would need a completely steril room, perfectly dampened, and of course a no mechanical sound producing turntable.
good luck with that.
oh I forgot, every other inch another needle, because, you know, mechanical wear.
I hope this meme dies already.

it's the same hot garbage when people try to sell you tube amps because they sound "warmer".
FUCKING HELL, if the one who mastered the song wanted there to be harmonic distortions, they would have put it in.
Luckily high end tubes have almost no distortion, otherwise they would've been replaced by solid state amps years ago.

i listen to DI.FM streaming to get ideas then download the tracks I like (for offline) using youtube-dl. I pay for DI.FM premium (£7 a month) but ad-version is a bit annoying

eh, need a vpn to torrent so might as well stream it. also my phone doesn;t have much space on it

>make account on deezer
>fill a playlist
>get git.teknik.io/SMLoadrDev/SMLoadr
>download all music in either .flac or mp3 at 320kbps

I use Play Music mostly because it's just what comes with my phone. Has yet to fail me music wise, has all my music. Plus, unlike Spotify (though I'm not sure about Apple Music or Tidal), you can easily integrate streamed songs with offline songs if Play Music doesn't have it.
Also, it just kinda flows in the Google ecosystem well.
By the way, that list is outdated or incorrect. Play Music has a family plan up to 6 for $15.

I have apple music

buy online and pirate
mpd
general computer speakers

Spotify for app integration. Mopidy is nice, as well as deejay for what's basically a spotify-integrated serato

Is there a link to a cracked spotify ever since dogfood got shut down?

Attached: 1488294905491.jpg (960x768, 48K)

Sometimes buy physical/digital albums.
Usually just download videos from Nico and convert them to opus.

Newpipe or stuff I downloaded for free

Unironically paying Spotify with a shared account, it's so convient and somewhat ethical.
Also the music suggestion algorithm is quite good, there are some good discover weekly I get with stuff i actually like

Give it back, Tyrone.

I use YouTube's auto generated "topic" channels. I only pirate when it's more convenient (i.e. movies, TV, some games)

I've always have downloaded all the music I love, it's true honor to the Creator that you went to shady websites and downloaded the music risking your pcs safety.

deezloader-reborn with the patch from reddit to fix it + cmus

>But that requires autism.
Yes, pirating is a little-known skill which requires decades of experience. Who are you kidding?
>Not be some kind of gay enlightened audio hipster.
And I thought I should've taken you seriously.

idiotic post

Quite a lot of the pricing is incorrect. This image is shit.

Apple Music because sometimes Taytay releases her music on it first
Also because Apple's first party integration is great, considering pretty much all my shit is Apple.

Pirate everything, store locally, play via normal humane music player and not some streaming kike shit.

It has two plugins that I use regularly....I've never bothered looking to see what else is out there. I'm sure other music players have plugins that you can download. I have been using it for close to 20 years, so I know all of the keyboard shortcuts.

24/192 is pointless retard

Piracy all the way.

fpbp

jamendo
freemusicarchive

mpv --ytdl-format=worstaudio youtu.be/ID

physical copies + concerts, I pirate everything else

soma.fm

>youtube-dl -f bestaudio [youtube url]
That's most often 128kbps Opus, which is enough for me. If I'm interested in a whole album (which rarely happens), I just buy the CD.

Spotify/vinyl

If I'm home at my PC I'll just listen to stuff on youtube as well mainly

mpv hooktube.com/[link] --no-video
or
mpv chiru.no:8081/highres.flac
or just torrent the album that I like

Im riding my sisters spotify premium family plan

hehe its free
>streaming
not if you tick the download switch

>implying every artist/band has a bandcamp
>implying you can't buy CDs from artists
>offer higher than CD quality
Go on.

I unironically prefer Tidal. I tested pretty much every streaming service, but I kinda stuck with Tidal.
Deezer - good music selection, kinda expensive, decent quality
Spotify - the best music selection, decent price, kinda quality (but I hate using it because I try to avoid supporting the most successful conpany. I hate monopolies)
Google play music - piss poor music selection, decent price, kinda bad quality
Napster- poor music selection, decent quality, decent price (accessed through VPN)
Apple and Amazon - never used them, had no reason to.
I should also mention that I live in Eastern Europe and I pay localized rates for Tidal (which are about $2.5/month for the standard quality plan and $5/monts for the hq plan)

I just stream it off YouTube (least popular answer)
no reason to download or pirate, it's unneeded space in memory

Mid 20's
I'm probably younger than other Jow Forumsentoo users here

>no reason to download or pirate
If you're half deaf and enjoy 128 kbps MP3s at best, then sure.

My nigga

Ok dude
Whatever

>it's unneeded space in memory
how do people like this post here

>Do you purchase or pirate all your music
Pirate, buy both physical and digital, stream

I'm all over this shit

This is the obviously patrician choice.
Modded Spotify to check out new (to me) stuff, and listen to their new release and suggestion playlists.
RED to download FLAC which are transcoded to opus for storage on PMP/phone, and run a libresonic server to stream the FLAC anywhere and everywhere.

>Ok dude
>Whatever
I expected as much.

1 buy album/CD
2 make flacs
3 make mp3s from teh flacs
4 stick 'em in my PMP
5 sell the discs back to stores or friends
6 repeat from the beginning

Attached: auri.png (1424x739, 172K)

I laugh at you fag paying 9.99$ for Spotify, I only pay 20 Shekels a month.

MP3 is a garbage codec, however past v0 bitrates, it's transparent, so it doesn't particularly matter.

youtube.com

Why not cut out the middleman and get your CDs from a library?

Before streaming services, piracy was the only solution that made sense to me. Now that I pay $5 per month (shared family plan) for all the music I could ever want, it makes no sense going back to P2P, other than for the occasional import or old record that never made it to digital.

That too. Though the stores i use have/require mint condition discs. Kinda like a guarantee.

Attached: cap_[HorribleSubs]_Kino_no_Tabi_(2017)_-_08_[480p]_00_03_31_01.jpg (853x480, 66K)

When looking for music, I look for it in this order:
1. Can I get lossless by free download?
2. Can I get lossless by purchasing from a site with higher-than-CD quality?
3. Can I get it on CD?
4. Can I get it in a pre-made lossy format for free? (I DON'T pay for lossy any more).
5. If all else fails, I'll rip it from a site like YouTube, SoundCloud etc myself.

I buy physical CDs and rip them, I have more than 400.

1. I go to YouTube
2. Search for something like "instrumental downtempo"
3. Listen to 1 or 2-hour-long playlist while working
4. If I like a track, I find it's name in the description
5. Search the name on YouTube and download the track
6. Do this over and over
7. Now I have a playlist on my phone that I can cast on my car's stereo

I don't care about quality, YouTube videos sound good enough

Deezer is better. Also Spotify is working with the Jewish lobby of the ADL that is funded by Evangelicals Christians as well as other Jews to go after music that they don't like. I don't support Spotify.

breitbart.com/tech/2018/05/22/spotify-announces-partnership-with-far-left-groups-including-splc-to-police-platform/

Anyone using headphones here?

github.com/rembo10/headphones#readme

Headphones is an automated music downloader for NZB and Torrent, written in Python. It supports SABnzbd, NZBget, Transmission, µTorrent, Deluge and Blackhole.

Attached: headphoneslogo.png (128x128, 9K)

utorrent + rss autodl helps to grow my collection

Attached: collection.png (140x37, 792)

Why Uttorent? qbittorent or deluge is better.

nope

Did not know about this. Thanks. I will be using it much more now.

I ditched spotify 6 months ago and I have started downloading everything I listen to and want to listen to but I also buy physical copies of albums that I really like and rip them. I also bought decent headphones for listening and I have never enjoyed listening to music this much in my entire life. Also foobar is a huge plus because I can customize it as much as I want and it's such a nice program overall. Nothing wrong with streaming though.

Apple Music sucks. No Web Client.
Spotify is kiong.

It's so limited man. I cant even find good downlaods for the stuff I find on Spotify.

If there was a PMP for spotifty I would buy it.

he's right you know

OPUS is god tier