A friendly reminder to never buy Lenovo products

A friendly reminder to never buy Lenovo products

>spill water over my laptop like a retard
>still on warranty, call up customer support and send it back to them
>promised repairs in 10 business days
>almost a month has passed and it's still on "hold"
>customer reps are backpedaling their statements about service time
fucking appaling, you'd expect a service center to keep parts from models LESS THAN A YEAR OLD at fucking hand

Attached: aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGFwdG9wbWFnLmNvbS9pbWFnZXMvdXBsb2Fkcy81MjAwL2cvbGVub3ZvLXlvZ2EtNzIwLTAwNS5qcGc.jpg (775x500, 223K)

why would you but a lenovo in the first place

> not a thinkpad
> thinks he's important

Seems like you don’t have a thinkpad.

>buy gayming lenovo pc
>constant 105°C cpu temp when gayming

They charged me over $600 for faulty sata motherboard connection on my p51s that was less than 6 months old.

you fucking spilled water over it you absolute weapon
don't think you have the right to moan

What thinkpad?

Second the Lenovo stuff. One of the rents purchased a Lenovo and ended up with a disk problem. Was still under warranty so sent it in, took three months to get it back and the problem was still there. They didn't even open up the laptop for pete's sake.

Ffs, even Razer has better customer support, was told it'd take 3 days to fix a usb issue on a Blade Stealth and I'd have it back in a week, was exactly that.

>lelnovo
Dude, you should've gotten a Dell.

>buy thin or average sized gaming laptop
>be surprised when it runs hot
whoa

only good laptop brand (thinkpad)
it wasnt a thinkpad

See this. Lenovo support is shit tier. I had one of the highest end models you can buy still under warranty but they still wouldnt fix it.

dude just buy a Dell

Attached: file.png (665x525, 31K)

fix it yourself you fucking idiot

Nice goal post moving trick faggot. I should not have to solder one of these back to the motherboard.

Attached: 640x640.jpg (640x640, 45K)

>t. wintoddler

>hurr durr how to fix dew compoooter

I'd like to run linux on this but fuck trying to navigate the shitshow known as Optimus

Thanks NVIDIA for making it intentionally hard

Have a dell
No headache for months so far

Do you have a point you're trying to make or just think acting retarded makes you right about anything?

I also have had bad customer support from Lenovo. I ended up doing the repairs myself. Out of curiosity what is the best laptop vendor in terms of customer support?

Probably dell I guess

None of them, they are all equally as hit and miss. You will find a thread full of people whinging about any vendor.

>being this butthurt

Attached: yep-this-ones-going-in-my-cringe-compilation.jpg (680x499, 46K)

>uses edgy maymay to try fit in

Attached: cringe.jpg (1080x793, 98K)

disk problem? just clone there drive to an ssd and be done with it

>>spill water over my laptop like a retard
stopped reading there

I've have the same Lenovo thinkpad for over a decade and when something goes wrong with it I fix it myself because warranties are a scam.
I am self-employed and I do all my work on this thinkpad.
git gud OP.

>I should not have to solder one of these back to the motherboard
Perhaps you shouldn't HAVE to, but you should at least know how.

That is where the thread should have ended.

>spill water
>warranty

Warranty isn't insurance you retard.

Spilling water is your own fault, not a manufacturing flaw, so it's not covered by warranty.
Only exception would be if you bought a Thinkpad which is designed to take a glass of water over the keyboard.

Issue is the mobo fried, which is easily $250+ anywhere.
I opneded it, cleaned it up and made it look like it just died on me and it seemed to fly since they're "ordering parts"

This desu. Lenovo service is terrible.

>i killed my laptop because i'm a fucking retard and expect someone else to fix my fuckup for free
kys

>Spill water on laptop
>Still covered by warranty
I thought warranty was only for faulty products, not user damage. Consider yourself lucky the Lenove does this

>A friendly reminder to never buy Lenovo products
Already knew that.
From a security standpoint we killed Thinkpads for Acer 10 years ago at my old work, since Thinkpads were constantly bluescreening McAffe (not my software choice, janitorial gotta do what we're told)
After several months of investigation by McAfee and eventually the AFP, Lenovo's drivers were found to be malware (iirc it was actually the HDD vibration/head parking driver)
Ditched all IBM/Lenovo products on the spot.

University of Adelaide was the place (haven't worked there in over a year now though)

Still love my T470s, had an x220 earlier, hated how the fragile plastic parts kept breaking

kys

Attached: 1526279756688.jpg (400x400, 25K)

Dudley.

/thread

nice try motherfucker, everybody here knows that Thinkpads are the best bang for buck, that you never buy consumer Lenovo shit or new overpriced crap from them or anyone.

Go back to ʇippǝɹ you fucking cunt

The Apple Macbook Pro doesn't have this problem.

Have a Motorola Moto X Play, back from when Google owned Motorola.
After the 7.0 update, the Lenovo logo shows up on boot and it's so fucking gay.

You're right.
Their service is worse.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a cheap and relatively durable laptop for an IRL oldfag? My 60-year old dad's finally managed to brick his 15 year old desktop and he wants me to buy him a laptop. He won't use it for anything except web browsing and watching TV, but he'll probably want to keep it for a fair while.

Do you not get a minimum 1 year warranty on all electronics in burgerland?

You bought some garbage consumer-tier product and got garbage consumer-tier service.
What were you expecting?

These practices are endemic to the entire industry.

If you want ACTUALLY good warranty service, you buy the professional product lines. ThinkPads. HP Elitebooks. Dell Latitude and Precisions.
All of these product lines provide next-business-day no questions asked service. You usually won't have to ship anything to a warehouse. They'll send out a guy to fix it IN FRONT OF YOU.

Back in 2012 I bought a ThinkPad W530 and every time I had a problem, I went directly to IBM Electronic Customer Care and filed a ticket. They would send me a new keyboard to install myself, or if they deemed it "too complicated" they'd send a repair guy to tear down the entire laptop and replace the motherboard right in front of me.

And if it wasn't clear, I never talked to a customer service representative even ONCE. Five years. I must have cost Lenovo over $3000 in warranty repair.

Alienware , top model . 106 C ond the SSD while gaing , GPU at 90 C ... raise the issue with support . Sent a guy to redo the thermal pasting ..... a brand new expensive gaming laptop .... and they had to gut it open less than 2 months after purchase .

>University of Adelaide

Hello, fellow Adelaidian

>buy lenovo laptop off amazon
>have six month warranty from amazon
>have one year warranty from Amex because muh platinum card
>go ahead and buy a 3-year warranty from this third party seller
>laptop shits itself within months because I let the battery die overnight while seeding torrents instead of plugging it in
>amazon replaces it
>that laptop shits itself a couple of years later, still covered by third party
>fixed it free
>sent it back in this sweet box full of foam
>stop playing games on my laptop when I build a new, faster desktop
life is pretty good

>needing tripple warranty for a single device

Why is lavonta so fucking bad.

Hello Moto

I only needed the really long lasting one, but I got the shorter meh warranties free for buying off amazon and paying with amex
shame amex has such shit market penetration though, you still have to keep a visa or mastercard for those few savages that won't take the best card

>buy gaming lenovo
>never had any problems
feels good man