Which is the best copper cooler for sokcet 775?

Which is the best copper cooler for sokcet 775?

Attached: B_mini typhoon.jpg-2.jpg (500x500, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nist.gov/srd/nsrds/NSRDS-NBS-8.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They still make proper copper coolers? I thought everything was nickel-plated, aluminum-finned garbage by now.

> I thought everything was nickel-plated, aluminum-finned garbage by now

Why did I think of the new Harley-Davidson, when I read this...

Attached: harley-davidson-arlen-ness-fat-boy-soft-tail-custom-2009.jpg (640x359, 61K)

They were making solid copper coolers for socket 1366.

zalmam coolers are 99% copper.

make one yourself

How much difference does it make to use copper instead of aluminium on the fins?
Isn't copper a fair bit more expensive?

Get a new PC you stupid fuck.

Whats the benefit of copper? Wouldnt noctua use it if it was actually worth it

The difference is negligible, 1 or 2 degrees Celsius, maximum.

Zalman CNPS9500AT

It's a lot more than that...
Better thermals.
>Wouldnt noctua use it if it was actually worth it
Costs too much now.
Thermalright's last all-copper cooler (only a single stack 120mm tower) was just under $200...
Copper is limited to heatpipes and decent WC rads now.

wtf why isn't noctua using gold

I want to see a solid gold cooler now.

wtf why isn't noctua using diamond?

Well, considering aluminium is better at dispersing heat, I don't really see why anyone would fucking favour copper fins over aluminium "garbage".
Keep copper for plates and pipes.

BUY A ZALMAN FAGGOT

Copper is better than gold tho. And silver is better than both
This, diamond is a great heat conductor

make something
ones from that period suck

If I can recall correctly, zalman should still work and anything with a socket 1150/1151 included. I think the ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro Rev. 2, you can find it on newegg! you're welcome

Attached: 35-186-134_R01.jpg (1280x960, 48K)

socket 775?
are we back in 2007?

Wait coppers really that expensive? Shit i thought it was super abundant

>not even nickel plated to resist corrosion
Trash

Just buy a new system with the money.

All copper cooling for LGA 775 in 2018? Gee whiz.

Attached: swift-gigi-bfa.jpg (1536x1152, 259K)

>wants copper air cooler when corsair h60 is $50
pleb

are you fucking retarded? copper has only slightly lower thermal dissipation than silver, which has almost twice the dissipation of aluminum.

Guys ..I think I've found it..

Attached: scythe_mugen_2_copper_akiba.jpg (550x472, 81K)

"It was too big to be called a cooler. Massive, thick, heavy, and far too rough. Indeed, it was a heap of raw copper."

$99.99

And it’s barely better than aluminum cooler which is only 59.99

Copper gives better cooling for a given volume but aluminum has a better cooling to weight ratio so you put less stress on your motherboard.

>Blocks your path and your first two PCIE

Attached: img_9470.jpg (700x553, 50K)

yer copper is really expensive I threw out a zalman cooler ages ago kinda regret it probably would perform better than my 212evo even thou it had smaller surface area etc.

d15s would like a word

that doesn't make any sense copper weighs 3x that of aluminum.

Copper conducts at 400 W/(m K)
Aluminum conducts at 200 W/(m K)

doesn't that mean a 400g aluminium cooler would cool the same as a 600g copper one of the same size? we have reached max size of coolers already cases cant fit any larger so getting a very dense copper cooler that fits the max size of the case would still be optimal and only 50% heavier

you might need some brackets to mount a cooler this large thou some extra support or some thing but isn't the only way they will improve air coolers now is switching back to copper?

like air coolers exist that are literally the max size right? like no space to go higher due to PSU no space to go lower because of GPU and no space to go wider because RAM why hasn't some one made some copper monster that comes with some special brackets with adhesive to stick onto case or support from underneath fairly sure they have also hit the optimal fin gaps for airflow point as well.

I would happly buy some stupid massive copper heatsync that's the max dimentions possible that costs alot and weighs alot if I knew nothing would ever outdate it and it had future support for new brackets chipsets etc.

>only 50% heavier

kek, I can't imagine the glare on that bike during a Texas summer.

T. dr650 owner.

Attached: anons_car.jpg (1728x1296, 421K)

shit taste

>They still make proper copper coolers?
Yeah, they're heavy though.

Attached: TDNKjr5LlYby1QCn[1].jpg (805x636, 128K)

Didn't know there was a copper c7. Mine was aluminium.
I still have a functioning zalman 9500 on my old 1156 nehelam build. It needs a fan replacement but that thing is a tank.

Only reason the fan is hitting the VRMs is because it's facing the wrong direction. Everyone's usually got airflow exiting from the back of the computer.

ryzen 2600x and 2700x come with copper coolers stock...

>sokcet 775?
Time to upgrade, gramps.

wait I'm retarded Copper coolers can be half the size of aluminum ones and cool the same but they will be 50% heavier than the double the size aluminum one.

still imo it looks like coolers have reached maximum size imo copper might come back. especially for micro PC builds etc.

I mean to say a copper cooler half the size of a aluminum one cools the same however it weighs 50% more to do the same cooling.

copper doesn't weigh 3x the amount to do the same cooling only 50% more to do the same cooling.

>they're heavy though.

Which is why big coolers are aluminium rather than copper.
Copper only makes sense in compact builds.

a 10cm 100g aluminium cooler cools the same as a 5cm 150g copper cooler.

for small PC copper is obviously the way to go. and imo could also be best for larger PC if infact coolers have reached max size which they might have. thou I expect they could made the fins tighter together and might just make them look big to sell atm.

Copper is heavy.
Copper is more expensive.

The weight isn't important for low profile or small coolers, but with aluminium(aluminum) you can keep increasing the size to increase cooling capacity while an enormous copper heatsink will start bending your motherboard.

>a copper cooler half the size of a aluminum one cools the same

It doesn't.

Double the thermal conductivity doesn't mean double the cooling performance.

this argument doesn't make sense thou a copper cooler that's 150g cools the same as a aluminum one that's 100g. that's not that much heavier. only reason they are using aluminium is that its cheaper and/or they have enough space to play with because the 100g copper cooler is half the size as the aluminum 150 gram one.

imo they are only doing it because of price they could probably make amazing copper coolers still.

the only reason to use aluminium is if they have abundant space to make HSF larger which they clearly don't as all the top ones are about as big as you can fit in a case.

no it wouldn't you only need 50% more weight to cool the same with copper you don't need 3x the weigh to cool the same

a 100g aluminium cooler cools the same as a 150g copper cooler.

its not the weight its the price.

>a copper cooler that's 150g cools the same as a aluminum one that's 100g.

Says who?
You?

Those figures seem way off.

Did you even read my post?
>The weight isn't important for low profile or small coolers
A 100-150g cooler is a small cooler.

A Noctua NH-D15S is over 2 pounds. (1.1kg) As are most of the huge alu heatsinks. Heavier. and you risk bending your motherboard.
The Thermalright True Copper was 4.4 pounds and could easily bend your mother.

That bike is gay

yes it does you could literally make a copper cooler the same size as a aluminum one but missing every second fin and only has half the volume and it would cool the same as the aluminium one with the same size fan and only weigh 50% more.

they are only cucking us because of price of copper.

we have full sized single fin row coolers for 400g atm a 1200g copper one would cool double as well in the same space.

no its true a cooper cooler that's 150g cools the same as a 100g aluminium cooler and as a bonus that cooper cooler can be half the size.

1cm2 of copper cools the same as
2cm2 of aluminium

so you can use half the copper and cool the same

aluminium weighs 1 copper weighs 3 half of 3 is 1.5

1g of aluminium cools the same as
1.5g of copper.

>1cm2 of copper cools the same as
>2cm2 of aluminium

no

and 1.5g of copper is half the size of 1g of aluminium.

copper isn't that much heaver for the same cooling because you don't need to use as much of it. the idea they are not using it because its heavy is a meme they are not using it because its expensive and they can sell you cheap as shit aluminium for 100$

Why do you want it? Just curious
Do you want to play games or make a server?

yes it does you retard thermal properties of metals are recorded on volume not weigh you idiot

copper transfers heat double as well as aluminum.

oh my mistake I mean 1cmx1cmx1cm of copper cools the same as 2cmx1cmx1cm of aluminum.

the main reason is why coolers haven't switched back to copper and lots of top end CPU run hot even on the best air coolers the reason is that they are too cheap to use copper and are already at the max size of case.

copper is so expensive thou that maybe we will be forced to use aluminum radiator AIO watercoolers soon that are frigging massive.

honestly wouldn't mind this my case has huge amount of space where the CDrom and HDD used to go could fit in 2 massive cheap aluminium radiators cheaply its just a shame they don't go back to copper but they probably wont because they are cheap fucks.

we might even get weird air coolers with super long heat pipes that make you set up a heat sync in the front of the case and then pipe the heat out to it from the cpu. but I'm guessing they will go with AIO as it might be cheaper less copper required.

That's like saying a 200HP car is twice as fast as a 100HP car.

It doesn't work that way.
Having double the thermal conductivity in your metal is nice, but it won't double your heating performance.

The biggest heat barrier isn't within the metal fins, it's in transferring heat from the metal fins to the air.
And that's mostly impacted by surface area, the type of metal plays hardly any role here.

Also no

CNPS9700 ftw

then why to copper coolers from zalman from the late 2000s that are half the size of the coolers we have now cool the same as the massive huge aluminium ones we have now.

that copper cooler some one linked further up is tiney also.

a copper literally does cool double as well for the size thus you can make them half as big which means they are only 50% heavier for same cooling.

while yes moving to aluminium for use of 120mm fans made sense they now have reached max size of coolers so going back to copper makes sense to improve performance but obviously will require some sort of bracket due to the weight.

you could literally make a copper cooler the size of the best nocturnias that cools double as well but weighs 3times as much.

>a copper literally does cool double as well for the size thus you can make them half as big which means they are only 50% heavier for same cooling.
Copper has same thermal conductance as aluminium. You are lying.

The difference in heat transmission coefficient of copper to air and alu to air isn't as big as you think it is.
The 4.4 pound Thermalright True Copper wasn't that good.

Attached: Thermal_Conductivity_Equation_1.png (480x261, 6K)

also if GFX cards used copper coolers they could perform faster the only reason they are not using copper is price of copper 50% more weigh isn't a problem.

>sokcet 775
Oh god, my condolences poor brother.

no it doesn't you idiot

Copper conducts at 400 W/(m K)
Aluminum conducts at 200 W/(m K)

why do you think the fucking heat pipes are copper.

It depends on the temperature you cretin.
nist.gov/srd/nsrds/NSRDS-NBS-8.pdf

Around 300K Copper conducts only 60% or so better than Al.

Graphite coolers when

Attached: PGS graphite.png (846x670, 62K)

>Thermalright True Copper
that's because the aluminium 120 was 800g and the copper one is only 1900g even thou it should be 2400g if it was high grade copper.

they used some cheap shitty copper and claimed it was "TRUE copper" it was probably some shit alloy. the product description on the thermalright sight even said the True copper is aluminium for fucks sake.

they cheaped out on some cheap metal that looked like copper but actually wasn't.

it also had more fins than the aluminium one but still weighed less than it should. they used some shit that looked like copper but actually wasn't pure copper hence the bullshit name "True"

>No capitalization.
>Baseless claims.
>Reddit spacing.

the extra fins are probably why it was 4deg cooler the actual copper they used was probably so low grade that it performed the same as aluminum.

Wouldn't those oxidize and discolor over time or are they made of some kind copper alloy that prevents that from happening? Coating maybe?

>chips still have good ipc to this day
>still more than enough for a daily use computer
>only a 6 phase vrm needed for a high end 775 board
Socket T is GOAT.

Since this is a cooling thread is this shit worth getting I currently have silent wings 3 and I don't care about the color scheme but these fans are 30 dollars a piece might replace fans on nh-d15s with this as well.

Attached: NGaOpRnFAPozOUbc.jpg (1616x1080, 231K)

Fuck mee if this happens, this would be like the coolest (literally) fallout style vintage like (cus its socket 775 anyway) CPU cooler, but I think it needs to be exposed to more rough condition than dust, like sea air, water, aggressive moisture etc..

Attached: easy-patina-copper-cactus-with-kitchen-ingredients-crafts-gardening-home-decor.jpg (634x634, 59K)

Attached: 1527710485202.jpg (1500x1000, 617K)

>Copper
>Corrosion
Copper does oxidize but the layer resulted is really tough and it prevents futher corrosion.
That's why it's also used for pipes, and raincatchers. ( Which promptly get stolen in my country)

Attached: stop_it.gif (640x322, 1.85M)

>harambe
Cringe

Attached: 1525663738010.jpg (600x536, 71K)

silver coolers when

>Thermalright True Copper
protip: he didn't use reddit spaccing

this is reddit spacing, notice the double linebreak, which reddit formatting uses to render a single linebreak

now please go back >>>/reddit/

Attached: 1520352821149.gif (512x481, 646K)

t. literally plebbit

>copper only makes sense in compact builds
>no it doesn't
>aluminium is only for when you have more space

Are you retarded?

It doesn't really need exposing to salt spray, but I suspect it's a copper alloy that is more corrosion resistant

>true copper
>aluminium

Attached: 1527127741614.jpg (971x565, 141K)

you can easily adapt 775 heatsinks to 1155 with a bit of dremel work to make clearance.
i got this bad boy for free with some other stuff because the owner didn't think he could use it anymore.
there's enough copper to run it fanless 95% of the time with a 3570k at 4GHz

Attached: 2014-08-15 13.21.46.jpg (4128x2322, 3.12M)

There was a gold plated zalman CNPS3100-GOLD

Attached: im3.jpg (250x217, 16K)

Noctua is a scam

Kool

Attached: 870099_1.jpg (800x600, 91K)

You dont need more than the coolermaster 212

it doesnt need to be sea air, but it does need to be regularly exposed to moisture

what are the temps like?

35-40C just browsing. 23C ambient. 60C for most games. 75C steady state tripcode explorer
all without the fan
with the fan ill never see it above 55.