Home networks

What router should I get? My current router is the cheapest one they had at bestbuy 4 years ago and also is on the list vulnerable to russian malware. It also severely bottlenecks my FIOS connection and cuts out all the time
I was thinking either some OpenWRT router or go full autism with Ubiquiti but I really dont know.

also Home Networking General

Attached: openwrt_routers.jpg (693x390, 31K)

U B I Q U I M E M E

Attached: 1525561503001.webm (542x514, 139K)

>asks some stupid question
>also X general

fuck off and go ask geek squad you child

Look up pfsense router on aliexpress, they are expensive but powerful(for a router) x86 machines, you need to put your own RAM, SSD and WNIC, but you can upgrade it too, there's also OpenWRT routers on aliexpress but those are kinda under powered.

>have russian malware on router
>buy one with preinstalled chink malware
no thanks

You have to install the system too, it's the equivalent of using a laptop as a router but more compact and with more Ethernet ports, also
>worrying about the botnet
>Ubiquiti

>OpenWRT router or go full autism with Ubiquiti
Memes, both are fucked by Ruskies anyway, especially Ubiquiti, they have trash security and are now popular enough to be targets.
Hell even Mikrotik was targeted.

pfsense or keep what your using now.

Attached: wnr3500.jpg (2448x3264, 3.19M)

I have ubiquiti UAP-AC-Pro with LEDE installed on it to make it into a router.

Tplink,ac1750

Xiaomi 3g or whatever. Doesn't matter so much as long as the hardware is okay and it runs OpenWRT or such, yea.

Build your own. Install pfsense.

Really now. There is nothing out there to quickly learn what to look for with routers and shop for ones needs. You either buy shit or over spend.

That modded?

I'm using the first wifiless router on Amazon ($20 trendnet 4 port router) and a archer c7 as a WiFi access point.

Xiaomi wifi router 3g or whatever flashed to openwrt is the best option. The specs are excellent and everything works perfectly in openwrt.

>chinese botnet router

Attached: 1449436370416.jpg (771x586, 115K)

What should the TLD for my internal network be?
All I can find is a bunch 10 year old posts demanding you don't use .local/. internal/.home/.whatever for unconvincing reasons, and there seems to be inconclusive developments since then.

Just buy a domain, stuff like .xyz are a few dollars a year, otherwise you can get one for free on opennic.

Any official tld like .local could be hijacked, but you can invent a tld that will never be used like .niggers.

fpbp

Buy some cheap dd wrt or tomato router, no WiFi just router.

Buy a mesh system for WiFi and attach to router.

If you are on cable then set your modem to 'modem only' mode or whatever. If you are on DSL then disable all remote admin or ports to your router, only allow connections to services from 192. or 10., etc.

Keep it all updated.

You are secure enough.

MikroTik hEX S + Ubiquiti UAP‑AC‑PRO

Profit!

Attached: f434497496.gif (245x320, 874K)

Only MT7621
/thread

trying to social engineer the social engineers... fuck off cia faggot