30 lines of code

>30 lines of code
>when you can do that shit 15 or less
so what's the deal?

Attached: 8f8.jpg (403x312, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

suckless.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just because you can save a few lines by hard-coding all of your strings and not building it to be extensible doesn't mean your code is good.

Why the fuck not just put it all in one line?

readability matters, you can do fizzbuzz on one line of code with nested ternary operators, doesn't mean it's the best way to go about it

>he doesn't care about code readability
>he still circle jerks about code terseness

I remember CS201 as well.

Python bois don't understand

suckless.org

>he thinks less LOC == better code

>Error occurred on line 1

>terse = line noise
t. pajeet

Plan 9 cat vs GNU cat

Attached: 1527972799954.png (1126x10000, 1.45M)

>can't read my own code simplified and i need 999 lines to understand it cuz i'm a brainlet

Attached: 91633822_2.jpg (683x513, 250K)

lol just don't mess up idiot

>autistically perfect optimization
>every line of code meticulously documented and easy to comprehend, broken up into distinct sections
>multiple useful options
>correct use of goto
10/10 would use

>Using Goto

Goto is a sin

>bugfix on multiple lines
>remove linebreaks and condense onto one line once program is stable

Attached: suicide_brainlet.png (615x548, 19K)

sometimes goto is the best option, whether anyone likes it or not

cat -v considered harmful?

Attached: 2zvP5.png (374x520, 42K)

readability is more important that number of lines you autist

its shit on so much its best to do anything to avoid it really, unless its a personal project of course

There's certainly a lot to complain about in the GNU version but the plan 9 doesn't implement the full interface or even provide a help message. Which takes more space than plan 9s implementation in GNU just because of the needed string.

lines.sum != optimization.value

What a troll picture
They even took a version of the GNU cat that had extra spacing between lines, brackets on new lines etc.

fairly sure there's something very homosexual and racist in that picrelated

GNU Cat is much much much faster. This is an old ass meme disproven a long time ago, as shown by the longcat.

>user we need you to add this and that feature

>save original file
>add feature
>condense

why use c when you can use assembly

Fight me

Attached: 1527956072221.webm (480x320, 2.66M)

b-b-but muh defensive programming!

>much much faster
Only faster by a factor of 1.16, and GNU cat doesn't even use the splice system call on Linux, so it's not even that optimal.

Not portable enough.

>Paste everything into visual studio
>ctr + a -> ctr + k -> ctr + d

you can put python all on one line

This is the C# way: Put a mile of functionality into a single linq query.

It's extremely readable too due to the functional nature of linq.

Then why bother? You're just adding a preprocessing step (adding whitespace) and a postprocessing step (removing it again) for the net reward of... nothing.

I can do it in one with a giant one line turnary. Doesnt make it a good ides

Maintainability, extensibilty, readability.

Honestly the less lines of code the better, even if it becomes a little convoluted. Scrolling through 3000 lines of code becomes annoying. Use for i more people.

Those 30 lines are testable/mockable and easy to extend change. Your 15 lines are rigid and will need refactoring 2 sprints later.

If you have 3k lines in your class/file... you are indian "developer". Refactor that shit now.

Like srsly, such statements makes me think that there are no actual developers in here.

This is bullshit. As long as you encapsulate correctly and provide a well thought out interface you'll rarely need to change much. Well, unless your premise was wrong and you need to totally rewrite an area to do a completely different thing (customer asked for a pony but it turns out they needed a wrench). This happens and it's rarely avoidable; requirements can change.

As a project matures I find myself deleting more than I write, and I write fairly terse code (no N-th level abstraction hell).

>>has never programmed anything even remotely complex

Most of the statements in this thread sound like they're coming from people who haven't programmed anything beyond hello world and possibly fizzbuzz.

>baited so fucking hard

A shorter and cleaner code is more maintable and readable.

Today in "things that are so obvious that they don't need to be said"

30 lines in C > 15 lines in Javascript

>over abstraction to support changes you might theoretically make one day

In reality you just create more shit to maintain for no benefit whatsoever.

Isn't what you described just OOP, mostly?

In most cases, yes. Enterprise Java obviously being the worst offender.

Who could have tought that a more complex function need more complex code
Nice job proving that you either didnt read what you posted or you're just too retarded to even comprehend it