Is it dying?

Attached: index.png (225x225, 989)

god i hope so

i never got to tinder but it was worth it.

Yes. People get banned left and right, it’s practically unusable.

My DAD got banned, and all he ever does is based boomerposting. Nothing racist or offensive

I'd like to hope that it is failing, but it's also too big to fail. imo.

>too big to fail
What does that mean? This isn't AIG or some investment bank propping up the payrolls of major corporations. If it fails, someone will fill the vacuum, quickly.

hopefully
i'd prefer twitter died though desu senpai

Yes, for a couple of reasons:

>kids moved onto instagram, snapchat and twitch because those are places they can hide from their parents
>FB is 50% old people and 50% branded content now
>old people now think Facebook == fake news == Russian hackers so they stopped using it
>EU GDPR regulations and coming content regulations fuck over their core ad-driven business model
>meanwhile in America they have the Feds up their asshole looking for Russian hackers
>overseas they are outright restricted in their ability to operate against domestic firms like Yandex or Baidu
>civil rights boycott due to their indifference towards the Myranmar genocide, which is now pissing off legislators
>parents groups warning parents away from FB because their games are glorified gambling, which states are also looking to regulate

All told they've peaked. No matter what they'll still be around in some form like Digg or AOL but it's only downhill from here. After FB pops Google will be next while Amazon (whose business isn't based off ads) lordes over the corpses.

Facebook has bloated itself a fuckton to the point where even if they fail as a social media they still have other avenues and enough influence to be able to stay afloat

Everyone keeps getting banned for having opinions so yeah I can see

He means people will still use Facebook because it's Facebook. Its sheer ubiquity keeps it alive.

no

Attached: facebook-stats-5.png (680x383, 31K)

it’s a government database

nooope

Attached: facebook-mau-q1-2018.png (680x436, 56K)

The bubble will burst

Still strong in Brazil. Nobody gives a shit to what Zuckzuck can do here.

US&Canada are the only numbers that matter and they only have 2% growth which is marginal. The rest of the world can just ban FB or regulate it out of profitability, as the EU is aiming to do with their new content restrictions.

1/3 of the planet uses facebook. Bullshit. 1/2 of the planet doesn't even have Internet access nigger.

bots

is there a reason why you can't actually delete your account? like they let you "request deletion" but only for after you die. and after you die, what's to stop them from keeping all your shit anyway

i thought that shit was scummy so i just deactivated my account sometime in 2016, especially when every fucking person i work with was a bleeding liberal heart who couldn't stop YASS QUEENing all over my fucking feed without allowing any discourse.

Delete all your information before deleting the account.

What about the tape archives?

i think thatmany people is getting blocked everyday and looks like the report database is managed by a bot banning every little thing
this fucking algorithm is just cancer and the whole page is a damn bloat

they do let you delete your account, it's just hidden by a bunch of bullshit, if you google/ddg delete facebook account it takes you straight to a page where you can delete it

Yes but very slowly, one reason that's has not been mentioned here yet is that facebook pages cannot reach their fans and followers like they used to. Facebook is capping like 5% maximum of your follower base, and it's usually lower than that (only a small pool of the engaging users to that page usually see posts, others don't and even forget about that page despite liking or following it), publishers are pissed off generally and even paying facebook to promote their posts doesn't get them the reach they used to have. The whole thing is extortion and they are turning to other mediums to get maximum reach.

nice. just did it. thanks

it really doesn't matter if it dies, the damage is done. some other piece of social media shit will take it's place in time, and every dipshit in the world will sign up for it because they all have short term memory loss.

Google isnt going anywhere they manufacture Hardware, Software, and they manufacture Android OS. Android is already surpassing Nu-Apple

>He means people will still use MySpace because it's MySpace. Its sheer ubiquity keeps it alive.
really makes me think

What do they consider to be a Monthly Active User? Anyone who has signed in at all during that month?

and now Fuchsia OS

Instagram is gaining the users Facebook is losing. It's a war of self inflicted wounds among FB, Snap, Twtr and Google.

Facebook owns Insta so it's pretty mutual. They don't mind see their the users mingle between the two.

I read a stats recently that for the first time since it's inception the rate at which users were joining the platform plateaued and stopped climbing. I mean, it was going to happen eventually. Has Facebook reached critical mass? I think it's close to. Does that mean it's dying? Maybe in the same sense a 25 year is dying.

>Has Facebook reached critical mass?
It's certainly reached critical ass, amirite

Attached: revenant.gif (512x512, 2.77M)

I'm curious why?

Late-20's fag here.

Deleted my Facebook all the way back in 2009 because it was getting too depressing comparing my life to everyone else. It's just better not knowing what Joe Fuckface and Cindy Cumbucket from high school have been up to since graduating.

from what i see it's falling apart even normies around me have slowly begun to leave the service

How long until they get caught violating GDPR and get fined into oblivion?

I don't know, you tell me. I don't have an account.

> Google will be next
Nah, probably not.

Even GDPR does not affect Google much since AFAIK they weren't selling personalized data anyhow.

>preferring another botnet

this

even worse was I did nothing but play video games so I didn't really post anything or update pictures of myself often, and I didn't check it or click like on people's shit because it was depressing. Relationships worsened entirely because I was so passive and didn't give people attention on it and everyone was acting like I just walled them off and was socializing with other people, but in truth I was socializing with nobody on that platform or at home. In general all my childhood friends ended up hating me because of how little I used facebook, people would not only delete me but they would block me for my inactivity. One girl from my childhood was like "hey what's up nice you ride motorcycles I wanna do that too" and I was like "you shouldn't get a motorcycles you get injured and this city is so awful with potholes it's a lot of bullshit", to which she didn't respond to. Year later she has a kid and blocks me randomly, then her sister filters her entire profile out from me after asking I post more on fb. Update my fb profile pic and my cousin calls me handsome, so her husband deletes me from friends. So much retarded shit from doing nothing, so I deleted it. I really hate that people decided to do -this- with the internet when it was discovered.

>I really hate that people decided to do -this- with the internet when it was discovered.
It's really amazing that people expected that people would do anything else with it.

I remember getting these group invites to a party or some shit I didn't feel like going to. Then people would get butthurt when I didn't respond to the invitation or show up. Either that or some faggy game someone wanted me to join.

if Trump kicks out the fags in the CIA and FBI and NSA who were put in there by the democrats, yes it's going to die and funds will die off.

Normalfags gotta normalfag. What did you expect?

yeah active could just mean logging in once in a week or month. But who's really using it nowadays anymore?
My facebook feed is full with ads. Over 80% don't post anything, 15% posts sometimes and the rest spams everyday some random bullshit.

Even if it does, you just know there's going to be some other bullshit coming out from its grave.

Attached: 1234578990.jpg (1920x1080, 681K)

I really want to delete my facebook but I'm moving overseas and AFAIK it will be the most convenient way to talk to friends and family back home

Any other form of communication is just as convenient. This is a weak excuse for your addiction to a shitty platform

fuck...

they're starting to expand into the third world where they have a monopoly on what the internet is. Like, literally, you connect to the internet and you have Facebook. That's it.

They're not going anywhere.

No. With Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp, and now Oculus they're dominating. It's just a Jow Forums/meme thing to heavily denounce anything popular.

Lol so I'm assuming you're shorting those stocks right user? You could easily be a millionaire if right. I also liked how you mentioned instagram. Did you not realize they are part of FB?

The truth is FB is still insanely popular in Europe and other countries. The only thing thats declined is teenager use in the USA. They fucking print money.

Wow. I get where you're coming from with not wanting to use facebook, but holy shit. Either you are a miserable fuck that nobody likes, or everyone you are (were) in contact with is a miserable fuck and you just have terrible luck.

God please
Even if it is a small botnet compared to windows and google, I hope it dies

/thread....
My god, what have we done?

>all my childhood friends ended up hating me because of how little I used facebook

Imagine thinking this instead of realizing people just don't like you lmao. Everyone has someone they know that everyone dislikes. Isn't it possible its you?

There is literally nothing wrong with using the platform. I'm not an idiot and I don't upload anything I don't want them to have. It takes a certain type of autism to hate free services.

I've been a software engineer at FB since August 2017. I've already been here longer then 40% of the current employees. It's growing insanely fast and they make 100k of profit every quarter for each employee they have. They are at about 30k employees with a market cap 2/3 of Googles. Who has over 100k employees.

They aren't going anywhere. Not even Google could come up with a competitor. Twitter is a different type of social media and they're running out of money. Snapchat has been heavily declining. You can go read their reports and how many layoffs they've had. Or compare their numbers to anyone elses.

Even its stock value is too low when you take into account profit and their p/e ratio. Go read any stock advice you want. Almost all of them say FB is undervalued.

How do you know someone doesn't have a fb account? Don't worry they'll tell you. Once that stops being true maybe FB will be dying.

Oy vey, remember the 2 gazillion

Instagram stories has 250m daily active users. Just the stories part of it is what this is measuring.

Snapchat has a grand total of 180m daily active users. This is including everyone who opens the app for any reason.

Hopefully

>Google isnt going anywhere they manufacture Hardware, Software, and they manufacture Android OS. Android is already surpassing Nu-Apple

>google isn't going anywhere even though ad activities are still their core and most money making business unit and I'm going to ignore the fact that they got spun off into a subsidiary to a new company alphabet to contain it.

Hopefully it will, good riddence to that money grubbing, informantion selling, jap loving kike.

You're such a tool.
Noone at myspace probably thought they would have a competitor either.

I get the impression that only old people still use it

>Android is already surpassing Nu-Apple

Only in literal shitholes, AKA outside of America where average people can't buy Apple things.

Attached: india stats.jpg (1340x297, 97K)

I feel the same way for the almost opposite reason. 99% of the people on my Facebook are total losers and their lives and the shit and peasantry they're in depresses me. Its not life, its just pictures and status updates from foreign locations, none of it means anything.

FB is about:
>Posting child birth and bug vagina with blood
>Posting baby photos
>old people
>teenpregnancy’s

Attached: image.jpg (174x220, 29K)

Selling everyones data.
Pic=truth

Attached: image.jpg (1334x750, 285K)

Nah its basically the only way to talk to people
Why don't we talk on "Insert Program"

Erugh its too hard how do I install it this is too complicated etc

It's still not dead?

>Shitpost regularly about leaving Facebook
>See hot girl
>Immediately go find her and check her out on Facebook

>snapchat

Nothing on earth is dying quite as hard as Snapchat desu. Their last update killed the useful feed and even when my friends post stories all I see is Kardashian stories. But noone I know posts stories any more.

doesn't matter if you delete your account or not, they create shadow accounts for you anyway

>Update my fb profile pic and my cousin calls me handsome, so her husband deletes me from friends.
lmao what

this

SJWs, jews and a bunch of retards pretending they know anything about anything.

No. Monthly active users is actually up compared to before this whole Cambridge Analytica thing

this is why fb makes those internet projects

Those people didn't like me but I sure as fuck made an imprint on their life. People I never talked to for 15 years adding me and letting me see how trashed their lives are or how badly they aged.

A few of those are girls that rejected and friendzoned me so I moved on to someone else (or they did), and it's very clear they regret everything. Thanks to Facebook and the internet I get to see my childhood crush partying and underage drinking, then having a baby, then daddy is gone, then no custody of her kid, then working in a diamond mine in a camp middle of fucking nowhere doing hard labor.

It has nothing to do with them hating me and everything to do with this depressing feeling of wanting youth to return before life was destroyed. Most people aren't that malevolent, they just act selfishly. The people are adding me only to see what they missed.

MySpace had 76 million unique users a month at its peak. Facebook currently has 2.13 billion monthly active users. It's quite a difference, I think MySpace was more a US thing and Facebook is much more global.

>based
>not racist or offensive

This

Normie book is a zucc botnet hell hole, but atleast it isn't infested with the same pretentious and thoroughly autistic memelords/sjws

Yes.
The main reason, imho, is that Facebook doesn't have a real, well-defined purpose in the world of social networks.
For quick updates and news sharing, Twitter is undeniably better: quicker, snappier, character limit preventing walls of text, and no personal data required to use it. The fact that almost every politician is active on it is a plus.
For thots and b4sedboys who share their shitty pictures, Instagram is better: no frills, just pictures and comments under them. Much better integration with phones too.
For sharing videos, YouTube is still the dominant choice, if you can call it a social network.
Facebook, like MySpace or the useless Google+, can do all these things, but worse. And since almost no one uses a social network for all those functions, they will eventially move to something that does the only things they do, better.
It won't be a quick death, but Facebook will eventually die. It will certainly die before the other "specialized" social networks I mentioned.

I sure as fuck hope not I have 3 dollars of stock invested in that shit

Hey guys I can’t get into my account. My for one I can’t get into my old email, and two my most recent password won’t work. What can I do? Can I report my account to delete it?

Send a copy of your ID to Facebook with a request to delete your profile. (They'll make it look like it's deleted and add verified ID to your profile to make it worth 10 times as much to advertisers.)

This but unironically
But I didnt delete it, i just havent updated it in 4+ years
if i deleted it, it wont show my gf as in a relationship with me :^)
dont need other silly boys hitting onher now :^)

Everyone I know who says they are leaving Facebook comes back and starts posting again within two weeks.

Request a password reset?

Holy shit are you me?

People are so wrapped up in this stupid shit that I only had it to get event invites / group chats because people stopped texting and instead use only aidsbook
People were using this shit for parties and informal gatherings and everything. So I'd have to use it to get invited to shit. Then eventually I realized I'm not trying to waste my friday and saturday with a bunch of morons staring at their phones while someone plays a single player ps3 game or whatever. So I stopped going and stopped logging in and people still begged me to come over text for a bit because they knew they couldnt reach me on facebook and they still wanted me around. but then i just ignored their text messages. im up to 173 unread. how abotu you user? they were shitheads anyway. would rather be with you guys desu.

Logically yes.
But getting other people to switch platforms is not easy
Even if the other platform is vastly superior, such as discord.

My favorite post in the thread. Fantastic. You're using facebook correctly.

its too late for facebook to die now, the old people have become hooked on the dopamine drip-feed, it isnt going anywhere soon

Facebook goes with the old people. Soon.

What do you think? No it isn't you fucking moron

Attached: atlas_B1jEMqJLf@2x[1].png (1280x720, 38K)

lmao butthurt sjws are the best part of twitter

He can't, Soros and the Jews are dictating Trump's decisions. The joos got Trump by the balls, they're in his family.

Yeah but content has actually gone down, compared to previous years.

As said, they are mostly lurking nowadays. People are posting less and less.